Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-31-2013, 12:01 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Gah. My ride tonight was awesome. Just, awesome. I'm finally starting to come back together again and not failing every ride. Lol! Had some real nice collection work today, and my position is getting a lot better! Had a freaking awesome canter transition with a solid seat and a fantastic downward transition into a nice trot. Was all accidental by just asking for more impulsion, but it's definitely the best four strides I've ever felt in a canter. It's coming. I'VE GOT HOPE!

I really want Jane Savoie's Position DVD set. Maybe for Christmas I will get it.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 07-31-2013, 01:31 AM
Top Dog

When I leave the clinic, I can wear VFFs ALL THE TIME. ALL. THE. FREAKING. TIME. No more "They're different, therefore they're WRONG!" I can wear them ALLTHETIME.

The only thing I won't wear them for is horseback riding. It's allowed, and I have worn them riding before, and they were SUPER comfortable, but...I just see images of squashed feet while grooming/tacking/untacking/hand-grazing lol
Old 07-31-2013, 01:36 AM
Twin 2.0

I am having an absolutely freaking stellar month at work! To date, my previous best month has been 12 cars sold. Today, I hit car number *16* and I still have an entire day left in the month! On top of that, I have the highest gross in the store. I'm getting paaaaaaaid on my next check.

This is still such a new feeling, to know that I do not have to worry about bills or how much I can spend at the grocery store.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:36 AM
Top Dog

Brooks' kangaroo leather collar is done. Will be posted for purchase tomorrow once there are pics. Hurray!

In addition, I get tomorrow off. We get paid for our birthday at work, but someone was on vacation on my actual birthday last week. So I'm calling tomorrow my Unbirthday and am going to enjoy my day at home
Old 07-31-2013, 12:13 PM
dogstrong

Scoring a bag of CORE's Ocean formula for $30 instead of the usual $65+. YES!

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 07-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Top Dog

I made a doctor's appointment. And my mom is coming with me.

I'm terrified but I'm so happy my mom will be there with me.

(She lives out of state so we only get to see each other once a month. )
Old 07-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Gah. My ride tonight was awesome. Just, awesome. I'm finally starting to come back together again and not failing every ride. Lol! Had some real nice collection work today, and my position is getting a lot better! Had a freaking awesome canter transition with a solid seat and a fantastic downward transition into a nice trot. Was all accidental by just asking for more impulsion, but it's definitely the best four strides I've ever felt in a canter. It's coming. I'VE GOT HOPE!
AWESOME! I'm actually surprised by how easily riding is coming back to me. Posting was a bit of a challenge (I lost my posting muscles! lol), but last week I rode a TWH for the first time in over 2 years, and it was just heaven. No problems getting used to that lovely ride again. My goal is to be cantering again by the end of my 10 week session...I took me a long time to learn to canter because I have **** for balance and it took a while to work it up. Then I stopped riding only a couple months after learning to canter

I did canter last week, but it wasn't intentional
Old 07-31-2013, 03:25 PM
Top Dog

Three dates with a pretty awesome guy! Being single ain't so bad.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 07-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

I saw a recruiter today, now that hubby is out and there are no more family care plan issues, I'm going into the reserves. I have to lose 20 lbs but I don't think it'll be super difficult, and I need to do it anyway. I'll be going in E5 which is super exciting for me, thanks college! LOL!

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:51 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
AWESOME! I'm actually surprised by how easily riding is coming back to me. Posting was a bit of a challenge (I lost my posting muscles! lol), but last week I rode a TWH for the first time in over 2 years, and it was just heaven. No problems getting used to that lovely ride again. My goal is to be cantering again by the end of my 10 week session...I took me a long time to learn to canter because I have **** for balance and it took a while to work it up. Then I stopped riding only a couple months after learning to canter

I did canter last week, but it wasn't intentional
I finally graduated to Dressage length stirrups, which helped get me back on my seat bones a lot, which then helped me sit the canter a lot better. For some reason, when riding with hunter length stirrups I really struggle with getting my hips underneath me and I like to ride on my crotch. My body will be very relaxed, but I will be all over because I'm leaning forward with rigid arms.

I need to get some videos. Lol

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle