The Good News thread

This summer I slowly started realizing it is not fair to stay with someone who wants me to put my life on hold so that they may live more comfortably, who refuses to admit that I have made sacrifices, who is uninterested in spending time with me unless there's nothing else on the agenda, who blames my tears, frustration, and despair over our living situation on my 'impatience', and most importantly is unwilling to do what it takes make me happy, even if I am completely in love with said someone.

Which sounds obvious when I say it like that, but it's a big deal for me to finally muster up enough self worth to understand that I deserve better. Like I am as proud of myself as I was of Venice the first time she did a proper box turn!

I mean I still have yet to actually end the relationship, but hey, one step at a time right?

lancerandrara

Sports Lunatic
This summer I slowly started realizing it is not fair to stay with someone who wants me to put my life on hold so that they may live more comfortably, who refuses to admit that I have made sacrifices, who is uninterested in spending time with me unless there's nothing else on the agenda, who blames my tears, frustration, and despair over our living situation on my 'impatience', and most importantly is unwilling to do what it takes make me happy, even if I am completely in love with said someone.

Which sounds obvious when I say it like that, but it's a big deal for me to finally muster up enough self worth to understand that I deserve better. Like I am as proud of myself as I was of Venice the first time she did a proper box turn!

I mean I still have yet to actually end the relationship, but hey, one step at a time right?
KUDOS on beginning to make the decision/understanding that you deserve way better than that. :( It does not sound like a pleasant situation to be in, and still not an easy decision to make, but I assure you that you'll feel 4345675x more pleasant when it's over!

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Liz is 9 months post-splenectomy for a confirmed hemangiosarcoma and her ultrasound and radiographs are COMPLETELY TUMOR-FREE!!!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim::banana::cheers::headbanger:

I was praying for her to see her 12th birthday (which flew by on 9/11!) and am sooo happy it looks like we get to spend Christmas with her as well <3

Her first oncology appointment (with a different doc) we were told she had 7-9 months with aggressive IV chemo. We chose to go the low-dose daily chemo pill route, with supplements and a low carb/high protein/fat diet. She is ROCKING this!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Liz is 9 months post-splenectomy for a confirmed hemangiosarcoma and her ultrasound and radiographs are COMPLETELY TUMOR-FREE!!!!

I was praying for her to see her 12th birthday (which flew by on 9/11!) and am sooo happy it looks like we get to spend Christmas with her as well <3

Her first oncology appointment (with a different doc) we were told she had 7-9 months with aggressive IV chemo. We chose to go the low-dose daily chemo pill route, with supplements and a low carb/high protein/fat diet. She is ROCKING this!
THAT IS F&%*ING AMAZING! Yay Liz!!!

SpringerLover

I don't post often anymore but this deserves so much yay! I am so happy for you guys! Yayayayayayayyyyyyuuu!

Grab

Yay!!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I'm giving my leave notice today at the kennel I work at. It has been weighing on me for a long time, but I feel like it's finally time to cut the cord.

I'm so excited to have time and energy to train my dogs and do all the hiking and bikejoring I used to do in the past. I've felt so guilty lately for the lack of activities with them. Maybe I will actually trial in rally or OB now!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE

This makes me so happy.

Straw, you deserve nothing less than the best.

Locke

I'm starting at a dog daycare on Thursday. Really looking forward to it. I'm not sure why I waited this long to work with dogs...weeeeee!

Today's been reasonably productive. Finally got the vacuum cleaner to work, lots of cat snuggles, put away the portable air conditioner, more cat cuddles, threw some trash away and moved more junk, more cat cuddles. Made a little notepad keeping track of my regular and irregular spending for a good start with this account.

I think I can come to a compromise in terms of pets. An ideal situation with any dog is a few years off I expect. I can pack all of that stuff away. I feel kind of empty without maintaining a rodent habitat though and I've been on the verge of rats for years. Now being financially independent, I definitely want to set up a habitat beside my bed and have some furry little training partners. That way I can have my ESA, and also quench my thirst for training and adorable small things.

What have I not owned? o_O I've had hamsters, gerbils, mice, guinea pigs, cats, dogs, snakes, salamanders. And an anole named Rudy. And fish.

Well, I think I've reached a balance to keep me happy, mentally healthy, but not stressed and strung out.

Members online

No members online now.