Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I don't want to be mean here, but nearly half of all the Jettas out there have forced induction (1.8T or 2.0T engines). And Jettas are basically the Corolla of the rest of the world. Admittedly, they handle better than a corolla, and are quite nice for the money, but they are definitely normal cars unless you do a lot of upgrades to power and handling. (And then you end up with a car putting down way too much power to the front wheels, and hello, torque steer, when you could have just bought a Mazdaspeed3 and saved yourself $4k.)

I loved my Jetta (and it was about as slow as a car can get while still moving) but they are really not mind-blowingly amazing cars. You can't fix FWD and crappy weight distribution with all the power and handling upgrades out there.
Tim's is.

AWD and a giant turbo.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 06-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Slave to the Aussie

48 days until we leave for Florida and DISNEY!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Top Dog

Robin's PennHip results came back and he is in the 90th percentile for his breed. Yay!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Top Dog

I was in a really dark place these past few days. Last night, I did something really stupid, and it scared me and I was afraid I'd do it again, so after a couple days of avoiding everyone, I finally broke down and called my SO and told him what happened. He came and got me and took me to his house, and we spent a long night talking about things and everything that I've been needing to do for a long time.

I feel so much better today. He does so much for me, I love him so so so much. I hope I don't go back. I don't think I will, at least not that bad. We talked about seeing a therapist, but I just don't know if I need one. Nothing causes my depression, it just pop up randomly, with absolutely no trigger.

But I'm finally happy again, so good news, yay.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Silence! I ban you!

When I got home from my game last night I found that my children and their friends (practically also my kids seeing as I feed and house them often enough) had cleaned, straightened and organized my living room.

Of course, I should add this to the venting thread because upon arriving home, I was instructed that I placed my things in the wrong place
Old 06-14-2013, 04:49 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
48 days until we leave for Florida and DISNEY!
Jealous... 205 days for me lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

It's my birthday and my family came to visit!

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 06-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklepaige View Post
I was in a really dark place these past few days. Last night, I did something really stupid, and it scared me and I was afraid I'd do it again, so after a couple days of avoiding everyone, I finally broke down and called my SO and told him what happened. He came and got me and took me to his house, and we spent a long night talking about things and everything that I've been needing to do for a long time.

I feel so much better today. He does so much for me, I love him so so so much. I hope I don't go back. I don't think I will, at least not that bad. We talked about seeing a therapist, but I just don't know if I need one. Nothing causes my depression, it just pop up randomly, with absolutely no trigger.

But I'm finally happy again, so good news, yay.
You should do whatever you're comfortable with, but I found having a counselor (therapist) helped me immensely. Even if it's just random things, having someone you can just talk to can help. Someone who is fairly unbiased about your life and who can relate (or make you feel like they can) to your problems. Especially if you don't have a lot of (close) friends. If you're not okay with that, maybe talking to someone who doesn't really know you might help? A pen pal of sorts? Or if you can't find a therapist that isn't expensive. Mine was luckily free (or $5 a session) since she worked with teenagers. And medication is not always a bad thing. I avoid taking it because I also dislike it. It makes me feel weak or totally messed up. But if it helps you..... (Plus you don't have to take it FOREVER. Sometimes taking it for a month or two can really make a difference.)

Glad you're doing better now, though.

My good news is: I got some GF Victor's in (took the plunge and bought from their online store) and Gwen is loving in. I'm hoping she'll continue loving it. Last time I didn't get the GF, I got some nasty smelling fish type and I don't think she did so well on it. Not to mention she took her time eating it. She eats the GF within a few minutes of me putting it out.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:29 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Been a quick week. Off Sunday and Monday. Sooooo ready for it.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:35 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

My new tattoo is SERIOUSLY amazing!!!!

Concept drawing... We ended up having to flip her since she had to fit on my right arm.

Outline

Color in progress

Final
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle