Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Agility freak!

The BF and I are moved into our first place! Moved yesterday. Now to get the doggahs moved in with me!

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 06-02-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm All Ears

I found a pet boutique only 4 miles from my house that I had never heard of. And it sells everything I use plus some! Yay no more driving 20 minutes to get dog food!

Of course I kinda feel bad leaving the old local pet boutique I'd been going to but....
Old 06-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Top Dog

My uncles are moving out from my late grandparents' house, and so we went to see if there's anything we wanted.

I got a 1930's?? Leitz Wetzlar microscope that my grandfather used in his medical practice! No idea how to use it, or even if it still works, but it has the potential to be cool! Maybe I can do my own fecals (of my animals I mean lol)
Old 06-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Duuuuude.

I poked a hole in my nail to relieve the pressure from smashing it last night. That doesn't sound like good news, but I am SO proud of myself for doing it, lol. The thought totally freaked me out but it hurt badly enough that I was willing to try. And boy did it help! It feels SOOO much better. Hooray!

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 06-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I wanted to wait until I got the official stuff in the mail to announce this, but.... I applied for a PAL for Joey so that I can compete him in lure coursing and I found out that they approved it and I can't hold it in.

Mr Joey is officially Aussie's How To Catch A Kangaroo

Now to start entering a few trials... There's one coming up in late August that I had already planned to enter him in. He's going to be my starter into lure coursing. Getting another Ibizan eventually as well that will be my show and other coursing dog.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:43 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Applied for a job cuddling newborns.
Why did I not know such a job existed?

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Jelly baby?

I've been trying to do C25K for the last 2 years. I always lose interest after the first or second week, because it's just SO tedious.

So, today I went to the gym and said **** IT. I'm going to do 5k today, and that's that! I'll take note of my times, and just improve from there.

I haven't been to the gym more than 3-4 times in the last few months due to lack of time, and I haven't been on the treadmill AT ALL for months. Last time I ran seriously was in middle school.

My times:
Mile 1: 15 min 52 sec
Mile 2: 16 min 35 sec
Mile 3: 17 min 12 sec
Total for 5k (3.11 miles): 51 min 26 sec

My first mile was over half running. The rest had progressively more walking. It's not fast, but I'm super proud of myself right now! I know my times will only get better, and now I have something concrete to work towards, not mindless, boring interval work that makes it hard to determine whether or not I'm actually improving. My initial goal is to run at a steady 5 mph the whole time (so a 12 minute mile). Then, get faster from there. I want to do a real 5k race, and be able to do it in a decent time, by this time next year

Vortex Canine - Custom Harnesses and Leashes

"Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in."
~The Doctor
Old 06-03-2013, 02:18 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

The feed store nearest to me carries dog and cat food- good food. I'm so relieved I don't have to make a trip that's an hour long to get the dogs some good food. Similar to Laur's good news.
I feel so silly, they're sold dog food all this time. It's just that the horse stuff is the biggest revenue for them, so the dog stuff is in the back.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:15 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

I am greatly amused , GoT was epic and HBO did a great job with the Red Wedding, Watching the strict HBO fans explode today has been fun . Even though I knew it was coming , it was still as brutal as when I read it .

anddddd now ever since I saw this earlier I have a Billy Idol in my head.

Color this girl obsessed still.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Top Dog

My good news....I did not realize how big of a path the tornado that hit here Friday had left. It is VERY good news that it was not that powerful nor wide (EF3 so not nothing either) and while it caused damage, there were no deaths and only a couple of injuries. It went through some really heavily populated areas too. The last several that have hit St. Louis, I dont know how they miss so much in the areas they are hitting...good news for sure.

It was on the ground for 35 minutes and 32.5 miles.