Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
I remember when I started riding again after ten years off it was not like a bike lol! I rode bareback yesterday for the first time in years and still no balance. That's the only way I used to ride!
Haha, noooo. Definitely not like getting back on a bike. I need to get an exercise ball and start doing core work if I want to get anywhere close to where I want to be. Maybe this will give me the kick in the butt to get back into shape!

Oh my goodness. Bareback is so much fun, but it is definitely an art. Even when you ride everyday it is difficult!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 05-21-2013, 09:26 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

My Grandma will likely be taking Cooper after all. I'm very, very happy. Gracie will likely be going to live with my mom since Rose has now passed on. Good day.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Haha, noooo. Definitely not like getting back on a bike. I need to get an exercise ball and start doing core work if I want to get anywhere close to where I want to be. Maybe this will give me the kick in the butt to get back into shape!

Oh my goodness. Bareback is so much fun, but it is definitely an art. Even when you ride everyday it is difficult!
Oh yeah totally lol, I used to trail ride bareback & take hunter courses without stirrups (our teacher made us lol) when I was younger ... NONE of which I could do now AT ALL even if I tried!

On the bike thing was rusty but after a week or so it all came back the real problem was muscle soreness ... Not my legs (weird???) my core, shoulder & back muscles! I was walking hunched like an old person for a few days xD

Old 05-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

My kitchen chairs that I ordered from Target on Sunday are on the truck to be delivered today! YAY!! That was crazy fast!

I have my annual appointment today so hopefully afterward I can scoot by home and put them inside so they don't sit on the porch all afternoon.

Once they're delivered I will actually have a kitchen table AND chairs! Like for real! So when we are at my house working we can eat at a table FOR REAL and not patio furniture! And I can stop eating at my coffee table while sitting on the floor!

I'M SO EXCITED!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Top Dog

Looks like I get to retail hyperflite. SO **** EXCITED.

Of course, I just placed a retail priced order yesterday. -_-

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 05-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Plus One

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
I remember when I started riding again after ten years off it was not like a bike lol! I rode bareback yesterday for the first time in years and still no balance. That's the only way I used to ride!
haha yeah I started riding horses again a year and a half ago after a 5 year gap and have spent almost every day riding since then. A few months ago I was moving all the horses to their summer pasture so the field could get a break and I could "focus on exams without distractions". I lead 2 across to the field and then got lazy and thought I could ride one, lead one across. Of course the horses I picked to do this with had been turned away in a winter pasture with very little human contact and hadn't seen other horses or even the outside of their field for a while!

It went ok at first, there was a minor spook at a scary shed and then as we got into the last field the mare already in their called out to them. The 2 geldings got so excited to see "their" mares that they forgot their manners and bolted across! I had to let go of the one I was leading and then the one I was riding (just a halter, no saddle or hat- stupid I know!) started to buck and swerve. Was the worst 10 seconds of my life, especially as I started slipping off the side! I managed to stay on but I was walking very funny for the next few days!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Wookie Collie

Finally got a new bike! <3 After three years of riding a crap bike, I did my research and got a good-price little commuter hybrid. Perfect for biking to work and for summer adventures. Now I need a springer for Finn.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 05-22-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm All Ears

Lemon raspberry cheesecake gelato. Yum. And no guilt because it was being sold as a fundraiser.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

This is kinda bittersweet, really, but it is good news... I will be closing Doggy Style for the summer to take a management position at a salon here that needs some serious help. The owner called me begging for my help. I'd put in an application when I first got here and then turned it down because the salon was such a mess. I'm pretty excited but bummed about closing DS for the summer - the pay is great and this salon really DOES need help.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Top Dog

GWEN PLAYED WITH THE PUPPY!

I'm so happy. She's now all happily panting after like a half hour of romping with him. I thought she was getting a bit rough but Duke seemed to enjoy it and never yipped.

So happy.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/