Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
Know what the best bc is? Free bc.
I had the same thing happen when I went to get my depo injection last time. I had my checkbook out and already wrote the pharmacy name in and everything, and the lady at the register was like "Oh there's no charge." WHAT?? No charge for this injection that costs over $50 if I DON'T have insurance?! NO WAY.
That may have been one of the most exciting things to happen to me ever LOL.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-29-2013, 04:09 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

A friend of mine had a baby on Monday. Soon after the child was born they knew something was wrong. She kept having seizure like activity and her face would keep going from very pale to purple and her O2 levels kept dipping dangerously low. they did an X ray and discovered all her internal organs are opposite. They are basically mirrored so her heart is on the right side and same with stomach, appendix and everything else. BUT they don't figure that's going to cause any problems for her but it was a shock. They then did CAT scan and found something wrong on the right backside of the brain. They said it looked like a stroke caused by a blood clot.

At that point they were moved to a special childrens hospital where they could get more specialized care. Everyone was praying non stop for them. No one could tell them what was wrong with the baby, the more tests they did the more problems they revealed but no answers.

Finally at the new hospital they decided to do an MRI but they couldn't put baby girl under because of her low oxygen levels so they just had to hope and pray that she would remain still for the whole MRI. Answered prayer #1... she did and the MRI was a success. Answered prayer #2.... They found nothing wrong with her brain and whatever was showing there before was not there any longer and her brain is perfectly healthy. Answered prayer #3... the seizure activity has stopped since they were transferred to the new hospital on Wednesday. her oxygen levels are still a little low but they are improving greatly and they are regularly lowering the amount of oxygen they are needing to give her.

Everything went from dire to almost perfect with baby girl in a matter of days. they still don't know what the cause of all of this was and they may never know but whatever it was... it seems to be gone and she is a healthy little girl again. This is an incredible miracle. They are hoping to be home this weekend

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Top Dog

Financial aid disbursements went out today. It's good to not have to think about finances for a little bit.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:24 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

LOL a friend and I just registered for a 5K glow run on June 1st. It's at 9 at night so I want to get us t shirts with glow paint lol.

I think we decided on a "team" name.... The neon turtles LOL. we are slow and it's like ninja turtles except... WE GLOW LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Top Dog

This is a silly one, but I got a job interview AND I came in first in my heat at my motorcycle race today!

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 03-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Top Dog

I went to an art event hosted by a friend from high school I haven't seen in nearly 7 years. And she made me this! <3

Old 03-29-2013, 09:21 PM
orange iguanas.

Yay unexpected coupons! Lol I got one in the mail today from the place I buy my scrubs at. Good for $10. Sa-weet. I knew I was part of some sort of program, since I signed up for it, ya know... and they get my name every time I go in. I just didn't know it was a rewards program. Unfortunately I had to spend $200 in order to get this $10.

I'm going to buy donuts before I go to work tomorrow morning, I have decided. Because donuts. We have a super-dee-duper full schedule (overbooked!) and it's going to suck, so I'm buying us all donuts to keep the mood sugary. Yum.

I had my "3 month review" today which was basically the owner pulling me aside and saying "hey, we all think you're fitting in very well. What's your opinion on that?" Lol. I MADE IT 3 MONTHS. 3 more months and I make the goal I originally set for myself.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Obey the Toad.

Reason #56 to have a smart phone--internet measurement converters! Nothing trying to buy 2 cubic feet of vermiculite and discovering that they only come in bags labeled with quarts/liters....Interwebs to the rescue! Of course the store didn't have enough so I have to go to a second place, but at least my plants aren't going to get shafted in the vermiculite department--I couldn't have done that conversion on my own if my life depended on it.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Top Dog

Realized I have a late half day next Friday. This is awesome as it means I have only one day to panic about who is going to drop my kiddo off at daycare if I have to be to work before they open, since my husband is out of town. I've literally been panicking about this for three weeks.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:35 PM
aka RedHotBabe

My dog hasn't figured out how to climb trees.