Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Top Dog

Kastle's breeder is breeding his dam one more time...O M G
Old 03-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Top Dog

I FOUND A 12x12x18 EXO TERRA FOR $10 AT PETSMART! TEN FREAKING DOLLARS! Now I don't have to make a new cage for Jagger.

And that means my new mouse can have Jag's old cage.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Top Dog

Everyone is either out or at work tonight. So the apartment (usually containing a dog, a cat, two LOUD gamer guys, me, SIL, and a kid) is suuuuper quiet. Loving it.

Got grocery shopping done and organized my SIL's kitchen. Did a general pick up and cleaning of the entire apartment. She's a nightshift nurse, so she struggles with the cooking and cleaning when she's home, and I'm more than happy to help her out. I love doing it more just because I know she appreciates it!

Zander's second vet appointment today, with a vet I KNOW and absolutely trust. They were fantastic, as always. Let me handle him, took their time with him, identified the problem and gave us our options and general idea of cost (which is super cheap, as always). Molar extraction and full dental is going to be around $180, including bloodwork. I let them know about his weird reaction to the tranq the other night and they marked it on his chart. It's set for next Wednesday. Easy peasy. Like a breath of fresh air, going to a vet you trust!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Kastle's breeder is breeding his dam one more time...O M G
!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Blossom was evaluated for bitework last night, and she absolutely ROCKED it. Nobody could believe she was from a pound, LOL. She was stressed by being kenneled away from me and around strange dogs, but as soon as I pulled her out and she saw the toys it was all over. She quickly graduated from the flirtpole/rag work to a tug, and had absolutely no issue gripping and tugging hard with a man she'd never met. And no issue throwing herself wildly into the agitation collar after the tug, LOL. She also learned that she can't out muscle a 6 ft tall dude and roll around on her back like she can with me. Afterwards she went a got some love from the decoy too.

They described her as "high prey drive and with a natural deep grip" and when I said, "So... you'll think she'll work?" the decoy replied, "She's outstanding!" I don't think she was quite what they expected when I said she was a rescue.

And I got an official "welcome" from the club when everybody made fun of her name. Some who also has a Mal said, "You have a nice little dog there... Feel free to change her name."

So proud of my girl. To think somebody threw her away. Oh well, better for her and me this way.

ETA: OMG my body HURTS from posting her. I'm so out of shape.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Blossom was evaluated for bitework last night, and she absolutely ROCKED it. Nobody could believe she was from a pound, LOL.
That is awesome!!! What kind of group is it....IPO?
Old 03-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerotti View Post
That is awesome!!! What kind of group is it....IPO?
Actually they do mostly PSA, and were formerly a PSA club though are no longer technically affiliated. But they have members who do various sports (ringsport, IPO) as well some cops who come to tune up their K9's.

A few local people recommended them as the place to go if I was new, as they're friendly and experienced in working dogs with a wide range of temperaments. So far I love it, the people are friendly, the training is high quality, and it's like 10 minutes from my house.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDog View Post
!!!!!!!
Yup...not sure I am going to even try to resist this.

Quote:
Blossom was evaluated for bitework last night, and she absolutely ROCKED it. Nobody could believe she was from a pound, LOL. She was stressed by being kenneled away from me and around strange dogs, but as soon as I pulled her out and she saw the toys it was all over. She quickly graduated from the flirtpole/rag work to a tug, and had absolutely no issue gripping and tugging hard with a man she'd never met. And no issue throwing herself wildly into the agitation collar after the tug, LOL. She also learned that she can't out muscle a 6 ft tall dude and roll around on her back like she can with me. Afterwards she went a got some love from the decoy too.

They described her as "high prey drive and with a natural deep grip" and when I said, "So... you'll think she'll work?" the decoy replied, "She's outstanding!" I don't think she was quite what they expected when I said she was a rescue.

And I got an official "welcome" from the club when everybody made fun of her name. Some who also has a Mal said, "You have a nice little dog there... Feel free to change her name."

So proud of my girl. To think somebody threw her away. Oh well, better for her and me this way.

ETA: OMG my body HURTS from posting her. I'm so out of shape.
I have so much love for this whole post! I was going to just cut the bits I wanted to highlight for happiness but it all is happy! Yay for Blossom - and her awesome name!

My good news - we now have an IPO club that Jason is enjoying training at with Pan as well - Yay! AND we have another place to train that is SUPER close by that should be a good fit that we are visiting next weekend. AKA we'll be able to train IPO several times a week - double yay!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
A few local people recommended them as the place to go if I was new, as they're friendly and experienced in working dogs with a wide range of temperaments. So far I love it, the people are friendly, the training is high quality, and it's like 10 minutes from my house.
That is amazing!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
That is amazing!
Isn't it?! Though I'm likely moving in May, they'll still only be 30-40 min away, which is as close as anything other club nearby.