Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Delivery?
I think it's my turn to "deliver" dinner tonight, which means I will be picking up something on my way home because cooking sucks. Is it wrong to have chinese food twice in a week??
Old 01-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
I think it's my turn to "deliver" dinner tonight, which means I will be picking up something on my way home because cooking sucks. Is it wrong to have chinese food twice in a week??
PSH. If that's wrong I don't wanna be right.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 01-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Resident fainting goat

and free breath right sample for anyone who uses them to do ears (or anyone who snores lol)
https://www.breatheright.com/breathe...sioncheck=true

FREE STUFF IS ALWAYS GOOD NEWS!

Last edited by Fran101; 01-11-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

It has been a stressful week and I've spent so long on conference calls, e-mailed back and forth a billion times, had angry conversations at Photoshop, my to-do list tripled in size...
But while on the phone today with one of the business owners, he told me they have been so pleased with everything I've done, my work ethic, and are so happy to have me on board.

Nobody has EVER said anything like that to me in my entire working life. It was shocking enough when they told me before I was hired "We're so excited to have you coming on board." And now even after the fact, they've got me on a contract, - they STILL say they're happy to have me working with them. Are you kidding me?!

I came home completely exhausted (and had to leave almost immediately to meet with my trainer) but I got out of the car, paused, then jumped up and punched the air and yelled "I LOVE MY JOB!" for anybody who cared to hear it.

I almost feel as fulfilled as I do when I train dogs. Almost. And that's pretty dang fulfilled.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
he told me they have been so pleased with everything I've done, my work ethic, and are so happy to have me on board.

Nobody has EVER said anything like that to me in my entire working life
It's pretty amazing, isn't it? I feel that way working at the zoo, too. At the clinic I'm never thanked, never told I'm doing a good job, nothing. At the zoo, I am thanked - and thanked sincerely - almost every day, and told "I'm glad you're here" often. It's such a wonderful feeling
Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Isn't it an amazing feeling to be appreciated? At the preschool I am the assistant but the teacher treats me like another teacher than she can't be without and our boss is incredible. Ahe acts like everything we do is the best thing she has ever seen. She is genuine, caring and just an amazing lady. She is always leaving us goodies with our paychecks too like candy bars and gift certificates. it is amazing to feel appreciated isn't it?

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-11-2013, 10:11 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
It has been a stressful week and I've spent so long on conference calls, e-mailed back and forth a billion times, had angry conversations at Photoshop, my to-do list tripled in size...
But while on the phone today with one of the business owners, he told me they have been so pleased with everything I've done, my work ethic, and are so happy to have me on board.

Nobody has EVER said anything like that to me in my entire working life. It was shocking enough when they told me before I was hired "We're so excited to have you coming on board." And now even after the fact, they've got me on a contract, - they STILL say they're happy to have me working with them. Are you kidding me?!

I came home completely exhausted (and had to leave almost immediately to meet with my trainer) but I got out of the car, paused, then jumped up and punched the air and yelled "I LOVE MY JOB!" for anybody who cared to hear it.

I almost feel as fulfilled as I do when I train dogs. Almost. And that's pretty dang fulfilled.
I was so super taken aback the first time I was thanked or made to feel appreciated at work. It was like - what? Are you for real? This actually happens? You're not just telling me I made a mistake?

It's kind of amazing that something so simple can really make you feel.... well, amazing.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Top Dog

I'm jealous of your workplaces ;p We just get yelled at
Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 PM
The Littlest Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
I'm jealous of your workplaces ;p We just get yelled at
This.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 01-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

Fantastic!! Congratulations!

-----

MY NEW CAMERA IS IN GREENSBORO!!! (Ahem...) It's so, so close, yet so far! I really hope it ends up coming today, even though the ETA is Monday. Not that it would do any good, considering my lenses won't be here until Tuesday or Wednesday. Boo! I don't care! I finally ordered my new camera!!