Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

My mommy and daddy and my brother Are coming to my Place from Edmonton tonight. I am so excited and they are staying through Christmas

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 12-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Top Dog

New camera, new smelly stuffs from Bath and Body Works. DH is home for Christmas. Italy is getting closer and closer....

And I have cheetos.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Top Dog

I am laying around feeling the spud kick. Its the weirdest/coolest feeling ever. And clearly this is my kid cause there was NO kicking to be had yesterday when my parents were here. They would have been thrilled. Stubborn baby. Lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 12-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

You know what, I'm just going to put this here. Maybe it doesn't belong in this thread. It's not quite "good news" so to speak, but it's a thing to warm my heart and make me smile, so here it is.
This time of year, like many people, I miss my family who has already gone. Just last night I was thinking about my aunt, who I didn't realize until far after the fact, but she had a border collie mix and had some homemade agility equipment she built to play with him (I think it was a him. It's been a long time and she had lots of dogs, some of them I loved and some were not my faves so I don't remember them as much.) I think she would love my dogs and love what I do with them. She would totally understand. Her animals were her family, just like mine are.

Every year when we went down to my grandparent's for Christmas Eve, my grandpa would be in the basement wrapping presents. So we couldn't see my grandpa for a while after arriving because he was wrapping our presents last minute, haha. So it was like double anticipation. When he was done he brought up our presents, AND we got to see him and give him hugs and stuff, haha.
After we were all done unwrapping presents (crap, I'm tearing up now) we would get a big trash bag to put all the wrapping paper in. There was always SO much wrapping paper it wouldn't quite fit in the bag. I don't know how it started but we did it every year. He would pick me up and set me down in the bag and I would jump up and down and smash all the wrapping paper down so we could fit more in, and then he would pick me up to lift me out.
One of my favourite Christmas memories. I really miss him. ugh crying, haha.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Top Dog

My boyfriend has been going through some hard life-stuff recently, and has been undergoing treatment for depression and bi-polar for a few months.

Right now, he's in the kitchen, frying beignets, singing to himself. Now he's whistling. It's really nice to see him a little happier again.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Top Dog

3 more days off (counting today) to spend time with my hubby!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:00 PM
orange iguanas.

It is the most wonderful feeling in the world not having to work until after the New Year. Makes it sooo much easier to really enjoy the holiday! And I've had an awesomely productive day - finished all my Christmas shopping, got Lucy groomed, baked a batch of cookies and bars (and both are nom-tastic), and wrapped a bunch of presents. Doesn't sound like much but I have been going, going, going since 9am and am just sitting down now to relax.... and it's 7pm!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 12-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Sport Model Pug

I found a 24 pack of Arizona green tea iced teas at Costco for like $15. Soooo happy as I love these things, light and refreshing.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 12-24-2012, 06:29 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I'm feeling festive

Playing on the new iPad, wrapping presents, cooking some Christmas food. Might start on the baileys... It is past 12 now (12.29 lol).
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Blonde Raccoon

Boyfriend booked a last minute flight and is spending Christmas with us.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.