Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-15-2012, 10:27 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
Sorry for replying so late, I don't know how I missed this!

Anyways...we have to wear scrubs for all vet tech classes, always. We even have a stupid new rule that we can't wear a sweatshirt or anything over our scrubs because it looks "unprofessional". We have to wear lab coats for our animal care/clinic duty stuff, and it's up to the individual instructor whether we have to wear lab coats for in-class labs.
Well that's silly. The only time we had to wear scrubs was when we had to work shifts in the clinic.

Although I guess it's not like scrubs are the worst thing in the world to wear lol they're like pajamas.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 12-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Well that's silly. The only time we had to wear scrubs was when we had to work shifts in the clinic.

Although I guess it's not like scrubs are the worst thing in the world to wear lol they're like pajamas.
Dude, scrubs rock to wear. Those scrubs that school makes you wear though are awful. I went out and bought some Dickies that were close enough to the same color so I didn't have to wear the yucky ones, for the one semester I went there.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Weird! We had to buy scrubs, but never had to wear them. We only had to wear lab coats for labs. Other than that, we wore whatever we wanted, with the exception that we had to wear white shoes for labs and animal care.
We're supposed to wear white shoes at all times, but it's not really enforced. I HATE white shoes (you can never get them truly clean), and I just wear black non-scuff ones, and no one's ever said anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Dude, scrubs rock to wear. Those scrubs that school makes you wear though are awful. I went out and bought some Dickies that were close enough to the same color so I didn't have to wear the yucky ones, for the one semester I went there.
Agreed! I would wear scrubs all the time if I could, SO COMFY! The school ones are horrible, though - very stiff and plastic-like. And expensive, considering how uncomfortable they are. I have a small collection of maroon ones from various places that are much better.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post

I buy scrub pants for pajamas .

Old 12-16-2012, 04:43 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

After trying all week to get the dog pee smell out of the carpets I finally went out and bought "Natures Miracle". It IS a miracle.

Hopefully it's not too soon to say but I saturated the carpet with it earlier and I can't smell any urine. I think it WORKED. FINALLY

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Top Dog

I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!!!! And we told finally told my parents this weekend and they are more excited than I expected!!!!

We've been officially planning this for the last few months but couldn't tell anyone yet because we wanted to tell our parents in person---and now I don't really want to tell anyone until people start getting our christmas card save the dates!!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:58 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Tonight, we went Christmas caroling with our church. First of all, I have not gone out caroling since I was a kid. It's as fun as I remember it being as a child. We brought little beanie babies for any kids that were in the homes we went to and we had over 20 people in our group (our church is extremely small so 20 is a good group for us lol). It rained on us LOL. It was mostly a light drizzle so we kept going. We had some umbrellas but by the end it started raining pretty good and we were a bit of a distance away from the church (where our cars were lol)

It was really well received. Everyone we visited really enjoyed it. One lady said she's lived there for twenty years and she said she has NEVER had carolers come around and she really missed it.

One house in particular made the night though. It was an elderly woman and she was in a neck brace and using a walker and for a moment I was kind of like "oh man we shouldn't have made her get up" but when she opened the door and we told her who we were and sang a couple of songs. She was SO thrilled. She told us that she was suffering from some crushed vertabrae and had been in a neck brace since July and some other physical ailments she had going on. She said that she doesn't really leave the house because of it and that she was just so happy that we stopped by and sang for her and she doesn't get a lot of visitors. So our Pastor just listened and then said "Can we pray for you right now?". Well I thought she was going to cry. She was so touched and said that that would be wonderful . So we all held hands and held her hands and our Pastor prayed for her physical healing and such. It was just such a powerful moment. It was really touching.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Behavior Nerd

Big congrats k9!! Is Crossbone going to be in the ceremony?

Old 12-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!!!! And we told finally told my parents this weekend and they are more excited than I expected!!!!

We've been officially planning this for the last few months but couldn't tell anyone yet because we wanted to tell our parents in person---and now I don't really want to tell anyone until people start getting our christmas card save the dates!!
Congrats!!!!

Yesterday I hit the MAC store at the mall and swatched some lipstick... which I loved... but I left it behind because it's kind of expensive.
Well, since the swatch was STILL on my hand this morning and I couldn't get over how much staying power it had on my HANDS which I wash frequently...
AND people on Makeup Alley agreed that it's a great long lasting lipstick...
AND since I found a code online for free shipping...
AND since I DID just get a raise with my new job...
I totally just ordered my very first MAC Cosmetics item.
OMG I'm so excited.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Big congrats k9!! Is Crossbone going to be in the ceremony?
I'm not sure if he'll be ring bearer material by June! But boy am I going to try