Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-17-2016, 09:08 PM
Top Dog

Default 2016 Fitness Goals

i didn't see one of these for 2016. This year, we are again trying to do the Couch to 5K (if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm open). I also have a 30 or 60 day plank challenge that I'd like to do sometime in Feb - you know, once the roads are too bad to run on. I'm looking for other 30-60 day challenges to do through out the year.

What about everyone else?

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 01-17-2016, 09:29 PM
Top Dog

I need to get back in shape in 2016. I'm a runner but I hurt my back (in a ridiculous way, might I add) in July last year. I haven't been able to run for months and I gained quite a bit of weight (apparently you can't go from running 35-0 miles a week, eat the exact same calories and not gain weight...). I want to get back to ideal weight/clothes size as well as add more muscle and start building up my miles again.

I generally hate strength training even though I know how important it is so one of my main goals is to do SOME kind of strength training 4 times a week. The cardio stuff is easier because I enjoy it.

Old 01-18-2016, 12:13 AM
Top Dog

I am going to start running . . . This summer lol! I've lost 54 lbs in the last six months so that's doable now!

Going to start riding regularly again to. After my c-section I have felt breakable and I am hoping to get over that. I can somewhat feel some stomach muscles again so that's a start.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 01-18-2016, 11:51 AM
Highbread Dingbat

Today I'm starting week 3 of Insanity Max 30 workouts (60 day program). They're tough, but I've definitely already noticed a difference in endurance and overall strength.

Once I finish that, I'd like to try couch to 5k since I've apparently signed up for a 5k dog run in May.

Ideally I'd like to lose this 3 inches off my waist that seems to have appeared over the past 2 months.

Oz, 12 year old Beagle
Cobain, 9 year old Border Collie
Rigby, unknown aged Kelpiemutt
Ruby SoHo, 3 year old Jackmongrel
Old 01-18-2016, 12:37 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

My fitness goal is keep going to CrossFit, where they can continue to beat the crap out of me on a regular basis. It's a sick love/hate relationship.

Actually I mostly just love it. Having someone there to tell me I can't stop is very helpful some mornings

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 01-18-2016, 12:49 PM
Top Dog

I want to be able to do one hour on the treadmill at 15% incline and 3.3mph. My best so far is 13.5 but between getting sick too much and my calves hurting too much, it's been a while since I did that... So, that's my goal (and I don't cheat by holding the bar). And maybe reach 275 calories burned in an hour on my bike (I'm at 220 so far). And improve my rowing too.. but I just started so it's tough to set a goal.

And maybe finally getting down to 130 pounds but I don't think it's going to happen unless I find some miracle solution to stop starving during PMS. I have no problem losing weight the 2 weeks after my period, but I'm so hungry the 2 weeks before my period that I put back on any weight I lose. It sucks. I'm still 3 pounds over my pre-Thanksgiving weight and I don't even know how I'm going to lose those 3 pounds, even less the other 3... It's just discouraging. Somehow my measurements haven't changed though.. so there's that.

Ok so maybe not going back to 140 pounds should be a more realistic goal at this point.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:21 PM
Top Dog

I want to really dedicate myself to doing my PT strengthening exercises for my injured knee on a regular basis (basically just strength training for my quads/glutes). I'm so sick of it hurting all the time, and it's especially frustrating since I'm so active.

I also just want to do more outdoor activities, get stronger, and start running consistently again. I'm excited to get my driver's license so I can go hiking with the pups more and do some more kayaking and SUPing.

Nothing concrete, but I basically just want to do more physical activities and get fitter in the process. I find that if I try to set a workout schedule for myself I get really bored with it, so getting generally fitter by doing things I love is a much better goal for me.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:47 AM
Active Pup

My fitness goal; sit on the coach eating popcorn and watching Netflix (I do fenceing and horse back riding once a week, I got lucky with the horse back riding my cousin owns a horse and she teaches me, if she didn't there's no way in hell we could afford it)