Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 09-06-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm All Ears

Well they sound interesting. Not a big fan of terrier-like temperaments though. But still interesting dogs.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Well they sound interesting. Not a big fan of terrier-like temperaments though. But still interesting dogs.
I wouldn't say they have true terrier temperaments, they are herders. But there are terrier-ish aspects to them. They are really interesting dogs for sure. I think of all the breeds I looked into before getting Savvy, Pumi and Mudi were two of the strong contenders other than PyrSheps. The Pumi lady never got back to me though and she had told me she wouldn't have a litter for at least another 4 or so years. She also said there are not many litters in the US and breeders often have a hard time selling them to appropriate homes. She seemed to think my best bet would be getting a puppy with someone already importing a puppy. Or I could take the adult DA rehome she had taken in Mudi are a bit easier to come by but still pretty likely you'd have to import one or wait a very long time. I really just didn't want to have to import a puppy. And of course, I'm thrilled with Savvy and totally love PyrSheps, so it all worked out perfectly.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Top Dog

Sorry, I can't say anything about the breed really, but I did see a women with 3 at our herding trial. Someone also brought a Mudi puppy too for socialization. From what I know about the two breeds, I think I like the Mudi more personally myself, for less facial hair, lol.