Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Resident fainting goat

Default Ideas for a "We don't have babies!" shower??

So my friends and I are throwing a party for ourselves.. three of us in total have attended over 8 baby showers this summer and have decided that enough is enough of people our age growing up and having babies and us going to boring parties and buying expensive gifts
Where is the party for the girl who doesn't have a baby?!
Where is our registry?!
and birthdays don't count because everyone has birthdays. and you can't register for things on your birthday lol

So.. we are throwing a we don't have babies shower.

All we know for now is that it's going to be open bar and thrown at a strip club (a male/female strip club: we need to cater to both sexes because all genders are invited obviously lol and the place is letting us use their dj and basically turn the place in to a club)

We are inviting our usual group of friends who are all psyched (there are about 50 of us in total for sure as of now but the guest list seems to be growing by the minute ...) and everyone who we have ever bought baby shower gifts for. and if we don't get gifts and attendance from all the people we've bought expensive baby gifts for..we are kidnapping them.
kidding. sort of. lol but I mean come on..It could be argued that it's fair! We haven't seen them in ages (baby and all) and all the stuff on our registry is much less expensive than the baby stuff we bought them! Mostly because our registry mostly consists of booze, lingerie, handcuffs, condoms and stuff for our spring break trip lol but still.

So.. any ideas??
Gift bag/party favor ideas?
Invitations?
Theme kind of thing? We are thinking kind of playing on the baby shower thing but we're not sure..

We are so excited! This is probably the single most crazy party we have ever thrown. and there have been many.
Well, then the world is ending party we did might've been crazier...but that's not a good example because the world did NOT in fact end. Sooo...that party did end at around 5 in the morning with involvement from the police.

Oh and our local campus safe sex group has agreed to supply unlimited condoms for the party. So those have to be involved somehow lol any ideas of creative ways to show em off?
Old 09-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Felurian

Blow 'em up and use 'em as balloons, lol!

Invite a Passion Parties rep to set up? Set a price limit for gifts then draw names to exchange on site?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Owned by Belgians

LOL! What a good idea.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Top Dog

This is absolutely hilarious. I love it. (Wasn't there an episode of sex and the city where she registered for shoes to offset all the baby showers and engagement parties?)

I will brainstorm....I can't think of any ideas off the top of my head.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Top Dog

Baby shower game of 'remember the items' where you put diaper pins, soothers, etc. on a plate, everyone has 30 seconds to look and then remember and write down as many as you can - sex toys instead!

There's also the thing of changing a diaper contest..... get some cucumbers and go with it.

I would totally contact a passion party rep, I'm sure they can give you LOTS of insight.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Sport Model Pug

Cookies... In the shape of negative pregnancy tests.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 09-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Top Dog

Do it Mardi Gras style! Masks, feather boas, beads....the whole shebang.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:36 PM
SevenSins

You need a cake...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1niqKEK465E&feature=plcp