Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
How did you guys find looking for a job? Was it pretty easy to get into after school?
I was so, so lucky; I actually started working part time (for low low pay) while working in the lab after volunteering in the lab. Then after I graduated, I was hired on for the summer.

I applied to other labs, and heard back from one out of about 10 that I applied to.

I'm not interviewing there because I got into a master's program, and I'd rather do that. :]
Old 09-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Top Dog

I love my job most of the time.
yes you need a degree and special training for specialty areas such as nicu

Facebook link to Nancys creations:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Nan...28615003818171
Old 09-07-2012, 07:28 AM
Top Dog

Haha. I'm a contractors assistant. I like it but it's a simple job and as such it doesn't pay that well. I'd like to be a contractor some day with my own business, but I don't have much confidence in my skill. I'm looking for something a guy who's not too smart and got no college learning can do. There's a taxidermist who might be willing to mentor me and that could be an interesting and profitable endeavor.

"When the power of love overcomes the
love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix
Old 09-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Top Dog

What do I do? I work a pet food store.

Do I like it? Yes! I'm a total pet food nerd, and I love learning about new products. I love when I have customers that I'm able to help. I love (the majority of) my co-workers. There are definitely things I'd change, but for the most part, I'm content.

Do you need a degree? No, but I'm currently working on a Veterinary Technician degree, that I may or may not use. I'm not really sure yet.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

What do you do? I'm an attorney working for a "Biglaw" firm in the field of federal energy regualation

Do you like it? A lot more now that I no longer work at crazy house (Google Dewey & LeBoeuf for details). Its hard, time consuming, and stressful, but its interesting and pays well

Do you need a degree for it? Yes, you need a Juris Doctor.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 09-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Got Floof?

Lilavati, your earth and moon sig is epic, and now the quote on it (I just noticed it) is even more epic. Just saying!

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 09-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

What do I do? I work a pet food store.

Do I like it? Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it. Love helping people who are willing to learn, nerding over pet food/products every day, most of my coworkers. Hate dealing with people who are doing stupid things like declawing kittens or want a muzzle for their dog to wear for asinine reasons like "he doesn't like my grandchildren, so I want him to wear this so he learns to like them" , when my coworkers screw things up that I have to fix, working with highschoolers, THE PAY, etc.

Do you need a degree? Nope.

I'm hopefully going back to college in the spring, mainly driven by the fact that I can't live on less than $10 an hour for the rest of my life.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 09-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Top Dog

Funeral Director
Love it
Degree & license

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador | Smallpox - 2014 Rat Terrier
Old 09-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBark View Post
Lilavati, your earth and moon sig is epic, and now the quote on it (I just noticed it) is even more epic. Just saying!
Thank you

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 09-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
Funeral Director
Love it
Degree & license
My other half is a funeral director, but he didn't need a degree (granted, he's the 5th generation in a family business). They do need license though. He also loves it, but its very demanding on his time.

Me...

I'm a looked after children's social worker (kids in care). I was doing child protection till about 2 months ago.

Do I like it? Some days yes, some days no. It's a demanding job, but where I am now means I have less than half the cases I was holding before, my manager isn't a total moron, its rural, and just runs better. All that means its much much better. I nearly had a nervous breakdown in the last position.

Degree. Yes, you need a degree in social work.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein