Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyMei1112 View Post
Btw, I find saying "Be gone, evil thing" helps. Preferably in English versus other languages. My mom's first response to my use of the phrase was "Your brother is still a part of this family Stephy" lol.

There's been stuff that happened to me and people in my family. My great uncle passed away after he was in the hospital in a coma for a couple of weeks following a major stroke. Three weeks after he died, my grandma's cell phone rang. She didn't pick it up because she was busy, but checked the messages later. There was one from my uncle's cell phone number, and he left a message for her. He just said,

"Hello? Hello? Are you there? Are you there? Hello?"

then hung up. She talked to his kids to see if it was one of them, and none of them had touched his phone. His son charged it up and checked the call log, and there was no outgoing calls listed. The battery had been dead for a long time. They were all like .

And one time my sister and I were standing on our front porch. I lifted my head and saw a man wearing dark blue, like a frumpy suit coat (or one of those old style beaver coats/civil war army jacket types). He had a broad white strap going across his chest from shoulder to waist. He had a black beard. He took a step toward us and lifted his hand in a beseeching way, and then about 8 feet away from us he vaporized mid step. I was like, huh. And my sister let out a blood curdling scream and dashed into the house and hid in a closet. We both saw the same guy though, same clothes, etc. everything. Up until he vanished I thought he was some random dude coming up our sidewalk.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyMei1112 View Post
Btw, I find saying "Be gone, evil thing" helps. Preferably in English versus other languages. My mom's first response to my use of the phrase was "Your brother is still a part of this family Stephy" lol.
D@mn. Shoulda tried that with my sister years ago

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I am a skeptic when I hear of anything at all paranormal related. I really am not sure what I believe but I have an awful hard time believing in ghosts or any paranormal. In almost every circumstance there has to be a more reasonable explanation than ghosts imo.
I'm this way, too, but I admit there are things that I have yet to find a logical explanation for. Sometimes even when I do have a "logical" explanation it still assumes some pretty out-there things and isn't much better of an explanation.

My favorite explanation at the moment is this

Anyway, the one thing I remember the most is my mom and I were in the kitchen making dinner, and I heard this little laugh start in the middle of the kitchen and go out the window. I looked at my mom and she looked at me, and I knew she heard it too. She confirmed this before I ever asked. Still have no idea what it might have been.

There have been other occasions with other things, too, but most of the time I try to explain them as something I did in my sleep (crumpled up papers, things taken off walls) or something the dogs did (objects moved, doors opened, lights turned off or on).
Old 09-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Got Floof?

What's that? OH MY GOD. ITS ALIENS. Huh? What am I doing in this thread? OH GOD. ALIENS ARE HERE. I NEED TO RUN. Huh? Why did I want to run? OH GOD. ALIENS ARE HERE. EVERYBODY PANIC. I'M CALLING THE POLICE. Hello Police? Huh? I called you? Why?

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 09-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Love My Mutt <3

No, but once my (then) 3-year-old 2nd-cousin walked up to her grandmother and said "nana, why is that old lady hanging in the tree?"

There was no old lady. 10 years prior, an old lady had hanged (hung?) herself in that tree. My cousin was never told that story... she was 3.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-05-2012, 12:59 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
No, but once my (then) 3-year-old 2nd-cousin walked up to her grandmother and said "nana, why is that old lady hanging in the tree?"

There was no old lady. 10 years prior, an old lady had hanged (hung?) herself in that tree. My cousin was never told that story... she was 3.
Young children are so much more open to paranormal activity. A few years ago, when my friend's little sister was about 2, she'd hang out by the graveyard on their property (it was from like 1700) and talk to people. When asked she'd tell you she was speaking to a man. She also one night pointed to everyone in the room and said their name ... including someone who wasn't in the room, but who's name was on the grave she always spoke to.

I've had a few encounters myself, esp. when we still lived in the US - even after we moved into a newly built house. The first house we lived in was about 200 years old - and it creeped us all out a bit. As a kid my mom would always tell me I had imagined it (I was extremly afraid of the dark), though she later admited, that I probably hadn't imagined it all. I remember one night, I had had a bad dream and wanted to crawl into my parent's bed, and while standing infront of their bed contemplating if i really should - this dark shadow passed me and it got ice cold. Needless to say my decision was made rather quickly.

What I've noticed now is that I often smell this flowery smell at random. For the past half year. I know the scent from somewhere, but I can't pinpoint it...

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm All Ears

I have accidentally caused people to think they're getting calls from a ghost before. Pretty shortly after my mom died I called some relatives and my phone number on caller IDs would pop up with her name, which I didn't know. The two of us (and both my sisters) sounded so much alike on the phone that even my dad could not tell us apart if we didn't tell him who was on the phone until we'd talked for a while (he could pick it up by pattern of speech but not voice). Anyways, so there was several awkward phone calls where I scared the crap out of relatives unintentionally.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:02 AM
such sights to show you

I do think that paranormal things can happen, but I also think it's very easy to ascribe a lot of perfectly ordinary occurrences to paranormal activity. For the fan honestly I'd be wondering about whether the fan caused enough vibrations to turn itself or something like that. But who knows.

ETA: If the fan is in contact with the crate in anyway, it's also certainly possible that he caused it to shift just moving around in his crate.

Last edited by sassafras; 09-05-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:22 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
A few times. One I remember strongly was when my granny passed. I was in the sixth grade, waiting for math class to get out that day, when the whole room filled with the smell of roses. My granny loved roses, cultivated some of them, it was her favorite thing to do, and the smell reminded me strongly of her. I knew she'd died when I smelled them. Got out of school and got in the truck with my dad and he said he had something to tell me, but I already knew. She'd died around the same time I'd smelled the roses. I always feel like she was telling me goodbye.
And I have no problem believing it was her saying goodbye either Charlie, no problem at all. What a lovely final memory to have
Old 09-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Squishy face

Growing up we had a thing in our house that liked to take our stuff. It usually gave it back. Usually.

Also when I was a kid, I used to set leprechaun traps on the night before Saint Patrick's Day. I was a weird child. But one time I found a single, very old looking gold coin under one of the traps. My mom insisted she didn't leave it there. I don't have it anymore, it kinda disappeared. My mom doesn't remember that this happened. I still think it's cool that this happened to me, one of those little magiks of childhood.

At the apartment I got poked awake by something a couple of times, and my other roommate, the skeptical one who always tries to find logical explanations for everything, was awoken one morning by who she thought was Brandy pulling her blanket off. However, Brandy wasn't home at the time, and it wasn't me for I was asleep! There were times I'd walk in that apartment and the air was just THICK with angry, negative energy, and I'd ask my roommates if they had a fight and they'd say no, everything was fine. I have to wonder if it was drifting up from other apartments, since I know that the police were called for domestic disturbances a time or two.

Our current townhouse we really haven't had anything happen so far, although the basement is really creepy. We did burn sage in the place and Brandy lights candles a lot, so that probably helps.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!