I think Something paranormal happened last night

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Something strange happened last night with the small fan that I have for buddy's crate... (it's covered so he gets hot in there). During the night I got up to use the restroom & twice I found it pointing in a different direction, first at my bed, I noticed this when I came back & first thought that I hit the cord when stumbling half asleep out of bed lol so I didn't think any of it.

When I rose for the day at first light (buddy wakes me up to go out when the sun comes up) I found the fan pointed at Josefina, thr cord was still 'stretched straight & undisturbed , thr only thig that was turned was the fan itself... That's what kind of creeped me out lol.

Am I crazy? It seems this happens wherever I live :/, have any of you guys had something like this happen to you?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Once. THere was this rug that had car roads on it. I had a tear in the carpet in the hallway so no one would trip, until I could get it fixed, I put this rubber backed rug over the tear. It went smack up against my door. There was a john deere tractor that no one played with, but I hadn't gotten rid of in the corner of another room. Covered in dust. One of those thing you just never get to. No children in the house at this time, Hyia was young, but didnt' like the tractor, or the rug, and she wasnt' living with me and hadn't been over in days. I had p[urchased the rug because I thought she would like it, but it bored her and I just didn't get rid of it. Same for the tractor WHich is why it was in the corner of another room. So that is the scene.
I got up on morning and opened my bedroom door. THere was the tractor butt up against the door, covered in dust, not a finger print on it, no way anyone could have touched it without disturbing the dust,, no one in the house but me at that time for my son was at his girlfriend's. No explanation for how it got there at all.

THere were several instances my son reported, he lived in the basement. He claimed many things happened that made no sense, but this is the only one for me.

Then there is the halloween animal sacrifice weird photo images that I found in the year 2000 but that is another story, and it didn't happen in the home.

Kilter

Used to work in a nursing home that was at first a hospital for war vets to return to, so there was a lot of activity there. It became part of the job actually.

One time a resident that was close to me had passed. I knew he was going to soon, but had gone camping. Was on the lake with my old golden and it was quiet and then had a strong feeling and a message of 'thanks' from him. Looked at the time and found out later he'd passed around that time.

The house I used to live in had a smoking ghost, used to smell smoke like someone next to me had lit up. We didn't smoke and the people on the other side of the house didn't smoke, so it wasn't them. I said out loud one time 'you're welcome to visit here but please smoke outside' and it never happened again.

Currently we have a ghost who takes things, hangs on to them for a while then returns them. I spent days looking for a library book only to give up, I mean I tore rooms apart looking for it. A few months later, my kiddo was sitting and reading it, and said she found it on the couch. It wasn't there earlier in the day.

It's not uncommon for me, lol.

There was a spirit at the farmhouse I rented. He was fondly referred to as The Colonel. One of the more common things for him to do was ring the phone, which wouldn't have been notable except that it was an old fashioned bell-type ring, and I didn't have a phone . . .

There was one here in this house who used to stack up these five little Chinese vases I had sitting on one of the mantles. Bear and Gonzo would react to her presence, not fearfully, but they would stay close by me and get guardy. She would do stuff to Roger, too, hide his things, even throw objects at him from time to time. Once I got him gone she settled down.

Had a few unfriendlies . . . Not pleasant.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I am a skeptic when I hear of anything at all paranormal related. I really am not sure what I believe but I have an awful hard time believing in ghosts or any paranormal. In almost every circumstance there has to be a more reasonable explanation than ghosts imo.

That said, I lived in an apartment in 2007 and 2008 that had some really odd things happen in it. I still have not come up with my logical explanation for it yet. My roomies and I (all skeptics) tried and failed to figure it out in the two years we lived there. But at the least they're fun stories to tell.

The first thing that we noticed were actually hand prints showing up on the walls and doors. It happened 4 times spanning almost a year. They were black and kind of like someone had charcoal on their hands and pressed them up against the doors. Only they were at odd angles and often close to the ground or high on the door frame. And they didn't fit anyone that actually lived there. And we could never scrub them off. They'd vanish on their own after a couple weeks. At first we assumed we just missed them on the first inspection of the apartment but they happened more than once.

Also all three of us heard voices in that apartment while we were home alone. So many times I had thought my other roomie was home early but they weren't. I didn't even mention it to one room mate and she brought it up on her own that she thought it was weird but she kept hearing someone talking.

Anyways it was enough to get the three of us to joking that we had a ghost in the house. We blamed everything on that ghost lol.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yeah this was weird , I hadn't had that I know of anything strange happen here til this but things in the trailer house we rented at the other job always used to have things to missing or not be where they put them & my fiancée would always be like... Did you move that? & I was like no lol.

I'm not freaked out about it or anything it's just interesting to me... If it keeps happening I might try to catch it on video & maybe I might get on ghost hunters lol

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
A few times. One I remember strongly was when my granny passed. I was in the sixth grade, waiting for math class to get out that day, when the whole room filled with the smell of roses. My granny loved roses, cultivated some of them, it was her favorite thing to do, and the smell reminded me strongly of her. I knew she'd died when I smelled them. Got out of school and got in the truck with my dad and he said he had something to tell me, but I already knew. She'd died around the same time I'd smelled the roses. I always feel like she was telling me goodbye.

Lyzelle

Yeah, I've had a lot of things happen over the years in various houses. I believe it to be energy more than anything else. Legitimate ghosts are few and far between, I think. Most of it is just accumulated energy. And it makes sense more than a "ghost following you around". Especially in teenage years or brand new houses. I think if left alone, and given the intent or purpose, it might take on a life of its own.

When things start getting too rowdy for my liking(doors opening/closing or banging), I start burning some white candles and go around with a smudge stick. Might charge a crystal or two and stick them in the most active places of the house. Lots of positive energy. Seems to work.

Halloween night 2011 - temperature dropped to a VERY dry minus 7. I was wrapped up in a hideous but practical & handy tan corduroy winter jacket and thick jeans with converse rubber soled sneakers. I was out walking Hanabi, a 6 month old Eskie puppy left in my charge for two months.

We walked our usual route through the neighborhood and were greeted by unusually strong gales; we ventured on regardless. Upon approaching a nearby plot of trees and benches we heard a extremely LOUD, bassy bark, on further inspection it was coming from a darkly colored dog with a equally darkly dressed handler standing in the shadow of a lamp post - we approached and the barking only got louder. This shepherd's eyes seemed to glow dark red....the handler just stood there - I could not make out ether's facial features or get a clear view of them at all. I moved with the small white dog towards the figures - the barking only escalated and this "shepherd" seemed to start lunging; still no response from the handler or any attempt to calm/restrain his dog. This did not deter me for some reason and we charged ahead; Hanabi started barking up a storm herself and as her barking got louder - the shepherd's started fading. By the time we got to their exact position...they were gone.

More later - there have been many encounters with...the other side over the years.

Btw, I find saying "Be gone, evil thing" helps. Preferably in English versus other languages. My mom's first response to my use of the phrase was "Your brother is still a part of this family Stephy" lol.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Btw, I find saying "Be gone, evil thing" helps. Preferably in English versus other languages. My mom's first response to my use of the phrase was "Your brother is still a part of this family Stephy" lol.
:rofl1:

There's been stuff that happened to me and people in my family. My great uncle passed away after he was in the hospital in a coma for a couple of weeks following a major stroke. Three weeks after he died, my grandma's cell phone rang. She didn't pick it up because she was busy, but checked the messages later. There was one from my uncle's cell phone number, and he left a message for her. He just said,

"Hello? Hello? Are you there? Are you there? Hello?"

then hung up. She talked to his kids to see if it was one of them, and none of them had touched his phone. His son charged it up and checked the call log, and there was no outgoing calls listed. The battery had been dead for a long time. They were all like :eek:.

And one time my sister and I were standing on our front porch. I lifted my head and saw a man wearing dark blue, like a frumpy suit coat (or one of those old style beaver coats/civil war army jacket types). He had a broad white strap going across his chest from shoulder to waist. He had a black beard. He took a step toward us and lifted his hand in a beseeching way, and then about 8 feet away from us he vaporized mid step. I was like, huh. And my sister let out a blood curdling scream and dashed into the house and hid in a closet. :rofl1: We both saw the same guy though, same clothes, etc. everything. Up until he vanished I thought he was some random dude coming up our sidewalk.

Saeleofu

I am a skeptic when I hear of anything at all paranormal related. I really am not sure what I believe but I have an awful hard time believing in ghosts or any paranormal. In almost every circumstance there has to be a more reasonable explanation than ghosts imo.
I'm this way, too, but I admit there are things that I have yet to find a logical explanation for. Sometimes even when I do have a "logical" explanation it still assumes some pretty out-there things and isn't much better of an explanation.

My favorite explanation at the moment is this :rofl1: :rofl1:

Anyway, the one thing I remember the most is my mom and I were in the kitchen making dinner, and I heard this little laugh start in the middle of the kitchen and go out the window. I looked at my mom and she looked at me, and I knew she heard it too. She confirmed this before I ever asked. Still have no idea what it might have been.

There have been other occasions with other things, too, but most of the time I try to explain them as something I did in my sleep (crumpled up papers, things taken off walls) or something the dogs did (objects moved, doors opened, lights turned off or on).

RBark

Got Floof?
What's that? OH MY GOD. ITS ALIENS. Huh? What am I doing in this thread? OH GOD. ALIENS ARE HERE. I NEED TO RUN. Huh? Why did I want to run? OH GOD. ALIENS ARE HERE. EVERYBODY PANIC. I'M CALLING THE POLICE. Hello Police? Huh? I called you? Why?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
No, but once my (then) 3-year-old 2nd-cousin walked up to her grandmother and said "nana, why is that old lady hanging in the tree?"

There was no old lady. 10 years prior, an old lady had hanged (hung?) herself in that tree. My cousin was never told that story... she was 3.

GipsyQueen

No, but once my (then) 3-year-old 2nd-cousin walked up to her grandmother and said "nana, why is that old lady hanging in the tree?"

There was no old lady. 10 years prior, an old lady had hanged (hung?) herself in that tree. My cousin was never told that story... she was 3.
Young children are so much more open to paranormal activity. :eek: A few years ago, when my friend's little sister was about 2, she'd hang out by the graveyard on their property (it was from like 1700) and talk to people. When asked she'd tell you she was speaking to a man. She also one night pointed to everyone in the room and said their name ... including someone who wasn't in the room, but who's name was on the grave she always spoke to. :eek:

I've had a few encounters myself, esp. when we still lived in the US - even after we moved into a newly built house. The first house we lived in was about 200 years old - and it creeped us all out a bit. As a kid my mom would always tell me I had imagined it (I was extremly afraid of the dark), though she later admited, that I probably hadn't imagined it all. I remember one night, I had had a bad dream and wanted to crawl into my parent's bed, and while standing infront of their bed contemplating if i really should - this dark shadow passed me and it got ice cold. Needless to say my decision was made rather quickly. ;)

What I've noticed now is that I often smell this flowery smell at random. For the past half year. I know the scent from somewhere, but I can't pinpoint it...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I have accidentally caused people to think they're getting calls from a ghost before. :eek: Pretty shortly after my mom died I called some relatives and my phone number on caller IDs would pop up with her name, which I didn't know. The two of us (and both my sisters) sounded so much alike on the phone that even my dad could not tell us apart if we didn't tell him who was on the phone until we'd talked for a while (he could pick it up by pattern of speech but not voice). Anyways, so there was several awkward phone calls where I scared the crap out of relatives unintentionally.

I do think that paranormal things can happen, but I also think it's very easy to ascribe a lot of perfectly ordinary occurrences to paranormal activity. For the fan honestly I'd be wondering about whether the fan caused enough vibrations to turn itself or something like that. But who knows.

ETA: If the fan is in contact with the crate in anyway, it's also certainly possible that he caused it to shift just moving around in his crate.

Last edited:

ACooper

A few times. One I remember strongly was when my granny passed. I was in the sixth grade, waiting for math class to get out that day, when the whole room filled with the smell of roses. My granny loved roses, cultivated some of them, it was her favorite thing to do, and the smell reminded me strongly of her. I knew she'd died when I smelled them. Got out of school and got in the truck with my dad and he said he had something to tell me, but I already knew. She'd died around the same time I'd smelled the roses. I always feel like she was telling me goodbye.
And I have no problem believing it was her saying goodbye either Charlie, no problem at all. What a lovely final memory to have :)

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Growing up we had a thing in our house that liked to take our stuff. It usually gave it back. Usually.

Also when I was a kid, I used to set leprechaun traps on the night before Saint Patrick's Day. I was a weird child. But one time I found a single, very old looking gold coin under one of the traps. My mom insisted she didn't leave it there. I don't have it anymore, it kinda disappeared. My mom doesn't remember that this happened. I still think it's cool that this happened to me, one of those little magiks of childhood. :)

At the apartment I got poked awake by something a couple of times, and my other roommate, the skeptical one who always tries to find logical explanations for everything, was awoken one morning by who she thought was Brandy pulling her blanket off. However, Brandy wasn't home at the time, and it wasn't me for I was asleep! There were times I'd walk in that apartment and the air was just THICK with angry, negative energy, and I'd ask my roommates if they had a fight and they'd say no, everything was fine. I have to wonder if it was drifting up from other apartments, since I know that the police were called for domestic disturbances a time or two.

Our current townhouse we really haven't had anything happen so far, although the basement is really creepy. We did burn sage in the place and Brandy lights candles a lot, so that probably helps.

Members online

No members online now.