Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-04-2012, 09:15 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Default I think Something paranormal happened last night

Something strange happened last night with the small fan that I have for buddy's crate... (it's covered so he gets hot in there). During the night I got up to use the restroom & twice I found it pointing in a different direction, first at my bed, I noticed this when I came back & first thought that I hit the cord when stumbling half asleep out of bed lol so I didn't think any of it.

When I rose for the day at first light (buddy wakes me up to go out when the sun comes up) I found the fan pointed at Josefina, thr cord was still 'stretched straight & undisturbed , thr only thig that was turned was the fan itself... That's what kind of creeped me out lol.

Am I crazy? It seems this happens wherever I live :/, have any of you guys had something like this happen to you?

Old 09-04-2012, 09:21 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Once. THere was this rug that had car roads on it. I had a tear in the carpet in the hallway so no one would trip, until I could get it fixed, I put this rubber backed rug over the tear. It went smack up against my door. There was a john deere tractor that no one played with, but I hadn't gotten rid of in the corner of another room. Covered in dust. One of those thing you just never get to. No children in the house at this time, Hyia was young, but didnt' like the tractor, or the rug, and she wasnt' living with me and hadn't been over in days. I had p[urchased the rug because I thought she would like it, but it bored her and I just didn't get rid of it. Same for the tractor WHich is why it was in the corner of another room. So that is the scene.
I got up on morning and opened my bedroom door. THere was the tractor butt up against the door, covered in dust, not a finger print on it, no way anyone could have touched it without disturbing the dust,, no one in the house but me at that time for my son was at his girlfriend's. No explanation for how it got there at all.

THere were several instances my son reported, he lived in the basement. He claimed many things happened that made no sense, but this is the only one for me.

Then there is the halloween animal sacrifice weird photo images that I found in the year 2000 but that is another story, and it didn't happen in the home.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 09-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Top Dog

Used to work in a nursing home that was at first a hospital for war vets to return to, so there was a lot of activity there. It became part of the job actually.

One time a resident that was close to me had passed. I knew he was going to soon, but had gone camping. Was on the lake with my old golden and it was quiet and then had a strong feeling and a message of 'thanks' from him. Looked at the time and found out later he'd passed around that time.

The house I used to live in had a smoking ghost, used to smell smoke like someone next to me had lit up. We didn't smoke and the people on the other side of the house didn't smoke, so it wasn't them. I said out loud one time 'you're welcome to visit here but please smoke outside' and it never happened again.

Currently we have a ghost who takes things, hangs on to them for a while then returns them. I spent days looking for a library book only to give up, I mean I tore rooms apart looking for it. A few months later, my kiddo was sitting and reading it, and said she found it on the couch. It wasn't there earlier in the day.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Felurian

It's not uncommon for me, lol.

There was a spirit at the farmhouse I rented. He was fondly referred to as The Colonel. One of the more common things for him to do was ring the phone, which wouldn't have been notable except that it was an old fashioned bell-type ring, and I didn't have a phone . . .

There was one here in this house who used to stack up these five little Chinese vases I had sitting on one of the mantles. Bear and Gonzo would react to her presence, not fearfully, but they would stay close by me and get guardy. She would do stuff to Roger, too, hide his things, even throw objects at him from time to time. Once I got him gone she settled down.

Had a few unfriendlies . . . Not pleasant.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-04-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm All Ears

I am a skeptic when I hear of anything at all paranormal related. I really am not sure what I believe but I have an awful hard time believing in ghosts or any paranormal. In almost every circumstance there has to be a more reasonable explanation than ghosts imo.

That said, I lived in an apartment in 2007 and 2008 that had some really odd things happen in it. I still have not come up with my logical explanation for it yet. My roomies and I (all skeptics) tried and failed to figure it out in the two years we lived there. But at the least they're fun stories to tell.

The first thing that we noticed were actually hand prints showing up on the walls and doors. It happened 4 times spanning almost a year. They were black and kind of like someone had charcoal on their hands and pressed them up against the doors. Only they were at odd angles and often close to the ground or high on the door frame. And they didn't fit anyone that actually lived there. And we could never scrub them off. They'd vanish on their own after a couple weeks. At first we assumed we just missed them on the first inspection of the apartment but they happened more than once.

Also all three of us heard voices in that apartment while we were home alone. So many times I had thought my other roomie was home early but they weren't. I didn't even mention it to one room mate and she brought it up on her own that she thought it was weird but she kept hearing someone talking.

Anyways it was enough to get the three of us to joking that we had a ghost in the house. We blamed everything on that ghost lol.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:50 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Yeah this was weird , I hadn't had that I know of anything strange happen here til this but things in the trailer house we rented at the other job always used to have things to missing or not be where they put them & my fiancée would always be like... Did you move that? & I was like no lol.

I'm not freaked out about it or anything it's just interesting to me... If it keeps happening I might try to catch it on video & maybe I might get on ghost hunters lol

Old 09-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

A few times. One I remember strongly was when my granny passed. I was in the sixth grade, waiting for math class to get out that day, when the whole room filled with the smell of roses. My granny loved roses, cultivated some of them, it was her favorite thing to do, and the smell reminded me strongly of her. I knew she'd died when I smelled them. Got out of school and got in the truck with my dad and he said he had something to tell me, but I already knew. She'd died around the same time I'd smelled the roses. I always feel like she was telling me goodbye.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, I've had a lot of things happen over the years in various houses. I believe it to be energy more than anything else. Legitimate ghosts are few and far between, I think. Most of it is just accumulated energy. And it makes sense more than a "ghost following you around". Especially in teenage years or brand new houses. I think if left alone, and given the intent or purpose, it might take on a life of its own.

When things start getting too rowdy for my liking(doors opening/closing or banging), I start burning some white candles and go around with a smudge stick. Might charge a crystal or two and stick them in the most active places of the house. Lots of positive energy. Seems to work.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Blackout

Halloween night 2011 - temperature dropped to a VERY dry minus 7. I was wrapped up in a hideous but practical & handy tan corduroy winter jacket and thick jeans with converse rubber soled sneakers. I was out walking Hanabi, a 6 month old Eskie puppy left in my charge for two months.

We walked our usual route through the neighborhood and were greeted by unusually strong gales; we ventured on regardless. Upon approaching a nearby plot of trees and benches we heard a extremely LOUD, bassy bark, on further inspection it was coming from a darkly colored dog with a equally darkly dressed handler standing in the shadow of a lamp post - we approached and the barking only got louder. This shepherd's eyes seemed to glow dark red....the handler just stood there - I could not make out ether's facial features or get a clear view of them at all. I moved with the small white dog towards the figures - the barking only escalated and this "shepherd" seemed to start lunging; still no response from the handler or any attempt to calm/restrain his dog. This did not deter me for some reason and we charged ahead; Hanabi started barking up a storm herself and as her barking got louder - the shepherd's started fading. By the time we got to their exact position...they were gone.

More later - there have been many encounters with...the other side over the years.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 09-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Blackout

Btw, I find saying "Be gone, evil thing" helps. Preferably in English versus other languages. My mom's first response to my use of the phrase was "Your brother is still a part of this family Stephy" lol.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard