Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Walks into Mordor

My vet's office also won't let owners restrain pets for legal reasons, but I'm all right with that. The staff seems very competent, and I've never had a nervous moment while I'm there. Though I do feel bad when I bring Max, Number 1 Kitty, in for his shots. He magically transforms into a spitting, hissing, circular saw whenever they so much as try to weigh him. It's so embarrassing, especially since Max loves everyone and is very gentle at home.

There is a local vet clinic in town that I refuse to go to. My coworker's friend took her ailing cat to that vet. The vet did a bunch of procedures without even consulting the owner first. The bill came up to $500. To top it off, the vet then said that if the owner didn't pay the bill, the clinic would keep the cat! Not that the owner wouldn't pay for those procedures if thery were necessary to save her cat, but that was a very unethical thing for the vet to do. And it was suspicious, too: the vet charged her for "IV fluid treatment", but there were no shaved spots on the cat at all, or any other sign that an IV had been used.