Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 12-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Top Dog

I wouldn't waste your time getting angry over ignorance. The majority of people don't know what the heck they are talking about when it comes to dog breeds or registeries. Just turn the other direction and laugh.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:20 AM
Top Dog

I would have just said its classed as a rare breed and awaiting AKC recognition.

Mo
Old 12-30-2005, 07:24 AM
Big Dog

I wonder if people who say that realize where all of the AKCs breeds came from? OTHER REGISTERIES. Doh. The stupidity of mankind makes my butt hurt.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:43 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempress
"Oh, so he's a mutt. If it's not in the AKC, it's a mutt."
Let me get on my soapbox here for a minute, please:

An old fashioned comment about **PEOPLE** is that "breeding tells". This was a reference to high class families, and the gentility and manners expected of both adults and children from those families.

Class does not necessarily mean money, being high class is a way of looking at and dealing with the world. There are people with very little in the way of material things that are high class, and people who are filthy rich who are low class.

To me, this experience is not about dogs at all. Mixed breeds or purebreds, they are all the same as far as having a place in our heart and family.

To me, if you meet someone in a public place and they introduce one of their family members, the proper response is to greet that family member be it person or pet, and note a good quality and give a compliment. That is the class way to meet others, it promotes good feelings and friendship, and that is the purpose of introduction.

The woman's response was low class, not because she used the word mutt, because there is nothing wrong with having a mixed breed in your family; but because her response was not designed to invite friendship and interaction.

Breeding tells
Old 12-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Let me get on my soapbox here for a minute, please:

An old fashioned comment about **PEOPLE** is that "breeding tells". This was a reference to high class families, and the gentility and manners expected of both adults and children from those families.

Class does not necessarily mean money, being high class is a way of looking at and dealing with the world. There are people with very little in the way of material things that are high class, and people who are filthy rich who are low class.

To me, this experience is not about dogs at all. Mixed breeds or purebreds, they are all the same as far as having a place in our heart and family.

To me, if you meet someone in a public place and they introduce one of their family members, the proper response is to greet that family member be it person or pet, and note a good quality and give a compliment. That is the class way to meet others, it promotes good feelings and friendship, and that is the purpose of introduction.

The woman's response was low class, not because she used the word mutt, because there is nothing wrong with having a mixed breed in your family; but because her response was not designed to invite friendship and interaction.

Breeding tells
AKA she was rude
Old 12-30-2005, 08:53 PM
=)

Some people really are quite rude.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe
I would have just said its classed as a rare breed and awaiting AKC recognition.

Mo
Actually, just being classified as a rare breed is more than enough, as many of us with rare breeds will fight tooth and toenail to keep our breeds OUT of the AKC registry . . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstar7139
AKA she was rude
True, but being rude is not the same as lacking class. It's entirely possible to be classy and quite rude. The key - the rudeness must be restrained, an expression of intelligent disdain and judgement rather than an emotional and noisy exhibition, and the target must deserve it. The woman in the original post seems to be a perfect example of having absolutely no class - her comment was an off-the-cuff, unneccessary form of verbal diarrhea aimed at someone she didn't even know, spreading her opinions in a hurtful way.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Felurian

In other words, Casa, she was an uncouth boor

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Quigleyfied

pffft AKC.

there are established breeds on this planet that are decades (if not centuries) older than the AKC itself.

it would be sad if the dog world were limited to the measly number of breeds the AKC condescends to recognize, and from what i've seen, all in all it's more beneficial for the quality and health of a breed to not bre recognized (and thus hyped) by the AKC.

just my personal opinion, and i'll shut up now before i go into a huge rant about what a respectable registry should be about.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!