Do you live by yourself and love it? 6 11.76%
Do you share a home with someone and love it? 25 49.02%
Do you live alone and wish you didn't? 0 0%
Do you live with someone and want to escape? 14 27.45%
Unsure and want to go get pizza 6 11.76%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Top Dog

The only time I've *really* lived alone was when I wa doing the long distance relationship thing. If I would have been single, living alone might have even more enjoyable.

I grew up with a large family and my mom did daycare out of the house-- so really, I love the company but could never live at my parent's house again. And I've had 5 years of bad roommate experiences.

I love being alone sometimes but I really do enjoy living with the right person.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador | Smallpox - 2014 Rat Terrier
Old 09-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Got Floof?

I like living alone, although I haven't done so in quite some time. I live with my GF and she is a lot of fun to live with. That said I do long for the days where I only had to do maintenance cleaning. She is not messy at all but she isn't a nutjob like me.

There were downsides to being alone though. Not having someone to help care for the dogs or major projects kind of sucks. Id say I like both depending on what point in my life I am at.

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 09-04-2012, 12:16 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

In my entire life I lived alone for about two weeks lol. that was when I had to go back up to Canada for a year and rented an apartment. After two weeks my dad moved in and rented the second bedroom.

I will say that I could NEVER live with my dad again lol he drove me crazy... but living alone was worse.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Top Dog

I think living circumstances and whether we find them favorable or not sometimes depends on various phases of life. I loved having a family...a husband (while it lasted, lol) and my children. I loved all the duties and responsibilities, the activity, their friends...the whole 9 yards. That was then. This is now. LOL.

And now that my kids are out of the nest and after a few pesky, mosquito-like bf's since my divorce, I can honestly say, I don't care to ever, ever have another man in my life, as in a relationship or live with anyone.

I do like the companionship of my ex occasionally and my kids more often. But a constant diet of them or to live with them...no thanks. And I am not one to feel fearful at night or any other time...I just don't. So, I'll keep my little sanctuary to myself. LOL. Isn't that awful and selfish?!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I live with Tyler and the dogs, I love it. I don't think I would enjoy living alone. Although I do enjoy the moments when Tyler is away and I have the house to myseld for a few days. I just get to relax and do nothing. Its superb.

Even when I lived at home with my parents I enjoyed it. I loved spending time with my family.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 09-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

I live with my parents, hubby, brother, daughter, 3 dogs & 1 cat & absolutely LOVE it that way I'd lose my mind if I have to live by myself.

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:57 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

The 2nd one! I live with my family, and love it. I get frustrated at times of course but I never want to live alone. When I move out my sister will come with me and then if one of us gets married the other will likely come back home til they are married. I couldn't stand being by myself. I never have, never want to.

ETA: I will say that if I didn't have my sister, my life woul be very different. I do think that if I didn't have her I'd like living alone for a while. But being with her isnt really like "living with someone". It's like living with myself. We're best friends, we're part of each other, like twins or soul mates or something, as weird as that sounds... I never get tired of her or want to be without her. We've been together every day for over sixteen years and when we're apart even for a few hours like if one of us is working, we miss each other. But if she wasn't a part of my life for one reason or another, and never had been, I think I would be more introverted. As it is, I AM introverted, it's just that ... She doesn't really count as another person lol! If that makes any sense.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 09-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Felurian

I do. So far it's better than any of the alternatives have been.

Now, I not only need to live alone . . . but FAR AWAY. Surrounded by Filas.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

I live with my family still (big shocker right?) and love it. There was a week in which everyone was gone besides me and my dad and I almost died of boredom. My brother and I like to get in trouble together, but it's no fun when he's not here.

Then again, I have 5 siblings so I'm extremely used to always having someone around to do something with.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Resident fainting goat

Either way, I need to have my own room/space. That is not even an option. I used to go over friends homes where they shared bedrooms with siblings or college room-mates sharing rooms and it honestly blows my mind.. I. NEED. MY. OWN. SPACE. I don't even understand how people deal. I would rather live in a CLOSET by myself then live in a giant bedroom with another person I am not romantically involved with.

It's different as a couple.. I take so long to take the "move in with me"/"staying over on weekends" step..that I guess it just unfolds naturally and combined with sex/love/everything else just feels ok for me. Even then, I maintain a healthy level of independence (I have my own desk/workspace in the living area that IS MINE, places, activities, friends, hobbies etc..) and with that sharing a bedroom just works out naturally within the relationship.

but a sibling? friend? living in the same ROOM as me?
No.
NO.
NOOOOOOOO.

I am VERY close to my family and friends..don't get me wrong. And I am very social by nature and have very tight relationships.
but to share a room with these people would honestly drive me frikin bonkers.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.