Do you live by yourself and love it? 6 11.76%
Do you share a home with someone and love it? 25 49.02%
Do you live alone and wish you didn't? 0 0%
Do you live with someone and want to escape? 14 27.45%
Unsure and want to go get pizza 6 11.76%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Top Dog

Default Do you, would you like to live alone?

Do you live alone? (meaning no other humans in the house) Do you like living alone? If you don't live alone, do you wish you did? Or wonder what it would be like...if you never did live alone?

Are you the type to get lonely easily and couldn't stand to be in a house day after day with only an occasional visitor?

What would you think are the pluses and minuses of living alone?

Or living with someone?

Who would you like to live with if you were to share a house with someone?

I have lived with people before...my family. The kids are all grown up. And I'm divorced. And I have to tell you. I LOVE living alone, having the whole house to myself, doing what I want with it, not having anyone else mess it up. I can come and go as I please and not have to answer to anyone. I am very content to be by myself the majority of the time, as long as I have my family close and they visit. My son is here almost every day working on my landscaping project, but he goes home after a day's work.

I love cooking what I want or not cooking at all, not having to get home by a certain time to make sure dinner is made for everyone else. No one else to be responsible for other than my dogs. Of course, I do help out my kids a little. lol. I like being able to have visitors and then they leave. So, there's social time and lots of free time too.

The only down side was (when I was in Idaho) if I needed help fixing something. LOL. I had a little trouble with that. Now here, I have my son, my ex or just about anybody if I need something to be fixed or built...whatever.

Maybe it comes from having been quite controlled in my past and now I feel free as a bird. I truly love living alone as long as I can see and visit with other people from time to time. When I lived in Idaho...that was TOOOOOOO alone. I hardly ever saw anyone. I was way too isolated. I didn't mind it at first...for a few years, but then it weighed on me mightily. So, this is just the right mix.

I understand about sharing a life with someone you love, even with the ups and downs. So, naturally, if you're happy that way, you probably love living with your spouse or S.O.

So, tell about your situation and what you think about it all. Compare it to past living situations or just share your thoughts any way you like.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I'm about to and I'm so looking forward to it. My parents were gone on vacation for a week and I had the house to myself... it was glorious. My aunt called me like two days in asking if I was okay, if I was lonely, if I wanted to come eat dinner with her and my grandma (my aunt never married and lives alone, and since my grandpa died, she goes and eats dinner with my grandma every night) - NOPE. I LOVE THIS. I'M DOING AMAZING. BYYYYYYEEEE

I suppose it could be a little lonely but solitude can be incredible, too. So... yeah. Excited.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Gah, I suck alone. I have horrible anxiety and Denis helps balance me out. I like a day or two alone while he's at work so I can clean, he get underfoot otherwise, but aside from that I love having him around.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Top Dog

I should have warned you...a poll was on it's way. You can go back and vote.

Pretty nice, I'd say Beanie...to have the house to yourself. It is nice...the solitude.

Adrianne...that is good that you have someone there to be a comfort to you, yet you can have a little bit of time to yourself too.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Top Dog

I'm living with my family at the moment but have lived alone in the past..and LOVED it. I just like to do things on my own time and someone asking me to do this or that, now, just irks me. When I live with other people I feel like I retreat into my bedroom...all my animals, my computer, tv, all my stuff is just in one room. If I'm living alone..well, I'm much more spread out and apt to use my bedroom just for sleeping, be able to put the birds in the living area, etc. I like to be able to come and go as I please.

I also lived with unknown roommates once (I hated it), and my cousin once. I had a tough time with my cousin as she allowed 3 more people to move in...in a small two bedroom house..ugh. She would get mad at random things, it just didn't work.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Top Dog

Pizza

Unfortunately I was in a bad place when I lived alone, so I didn't enjoy it. Some days I really wish I still lived alone though LOL.

As of living with someone, well, I guess it depends. Some days it sucks.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Top Dog

I dream of living alone. I do solitude well at home, and get tons of interactions outside the home. Plus, I can talk to the dogs all I want and not have anyone around looking at me like I'm crazy.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Oh it helps that Denis is as crazy as me and we don't talk to the dogs as much as we talk for the dogs regularly. Moo even likes to sing a lot, Sloan is very self involved, and Arnold loves trees, he's an environmentalist.

I will say I'll take living alone over living with mom and dad.

Denis was away for 3 days for a job interview and I was super edgy and anxious, I'd fail at a long distance relationship I guess. lol
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:45 PM
*Now with Snark*

Depends on how I feel that day. Some days I seek out human contact most days not so much.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Top Dog

I could not stand living alone I don't think. I used to house-sit a lot and hated being all alone. I love being at home with my family. Sometimes it's nice to be alone for a day or two, but all in all, I'd rather live with people than without any day. Well, depending on who the people are too I suppose. I think I'd rather live alone than with most friends or room mates I hardly knew. I like living with those that I know well - family.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM

Last edited by Toller_08; 09-03-2012 at 08:58 PM.