Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Top Dog

Sick as crap, so not working the midnight release. Venting because sickness.

Also quote, "I don't get mad, I get evil." I like this. Because liars are always arrogant enough to never see that **** coming.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Top Dog

Out. Of. Shape.

I had to basically do a squat to restrain a dog at work tonight leaning over a table and holy gods did my thighs burn. I changed positions three times as carefully as I could all the while thinking how out of shape I am! I swear it took like half an hour but it was likely only ten minutes or so!

It's not often I have to actually restrain a dog that may bite at this job, so I forget about the interesting workouts you sometimes get in this profession.

I got called in because my boss said to the owner, "she gets paid to not let me get bit." Erm, thanks? I think? Haha.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 11-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Twin 2.0

Even though logically it's for the better because I don't have to worry about hiding an Aussie puppy in a 570sq ft apartment, I feel gut-punched every time I see the breeder post another "Puppy is available again!" update.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Kung Pow Fish

mad. mad mad mad mad mad mad mad. i am an entity of loathing fueled by perpetual rage that keeps me going when morale and happiness have run dry and my body peters out and disintegrates into nothingness

coffee is awesome though
Old 11-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Not a Border Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Even though logically it's for the better because I don't have to worry about hiding an Aussie puppy in a 570sq ft apartment, I feel gut-punched every time I see the breeder post another "Puppy is available again!" update.
-hugs- I totally get this. My mom made the very tough choice to back out of a litter this spring. The updates are very hard to see!

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 11-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I'm so anxious about my interview. I hope they don't end up thinking I'm wasting their time. Ughhhhhh.

Also please please PLEASE let us plumb my freaking house this weekend at last.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Top Dog

OMG what an exhausting day at work. Had to cancel around 50 appointments for Monday due to vet problems.

I have been coughing up a storm and I had to talk on the phone about 5x more than usual today. URG.

At least I get to have a cute boy date when I leave work in two minutes!! XD

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 11-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

I have PMS and my normally excellent customer service skills are slipping, as is my poker face I normally use for idiots. Every single person just remembered they have have a dog and that's it's almost Thanksgiving, and they NEED grooming so their family doesn't see that Fluffy is a disgusting mess, or they've failed to make boarding arrangement despite having travel plans for months.

The inn is full, folks. So is the salon. Sorry. I can't put more hours in the day or create kennels and staff where there are none. Just can't.

Also, my coworker got a NASTY bite restraining a chow for grooming... which I would have been restraining except we ended up changing the schedule. Said coworker is great at restraining dogs (former vet tech), but the dog got the muzzle off and nailed her lightening fast.

Woulda been me, that's all I can say. I feel bad, somehow. I've held that dog before and she's nasty, she was muzzle punching the **** out of me. I'm glad it wasn't me but I feel bad.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:54 PM
Bored Now.

My breasts hurt so much. Laying down hurts, walking without a bra + sports bra hurts, washing them in the shower hurts. . . It's ridiculous. My period isn't due. They're swollen and sore, and the nipples are chafed and irritated.

Dear body,

Stop. Just STOP.

Love,

Saurus

PS. Actually I hate you.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Top Dog

I had a Doctor Who watch party planned with my mom and my brother and myself, for WEEKS. I spent hours making TARDIS cookies and Fez cupcakes. We agreed to watch it at 5:30, since it would be dark and I would be home. I come home from work, and OH HAI WE'RE ACTUALLY BABYSITTING TODAY!

Um, WAT. No, no, no, no. Ugh. So my party was ruined, my brother had to leave at 8 to go to my other brother's birthday party, and we had dinner and everything beforehand. We didn't get to start watching until 8:45 and by that time I was PISSED and since there were only two of us, what's the point in having a ****ing party?

So, finally we watch it, and then when it's over, my mom goes "That was stupid, I didn't like it."

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?! IT WAS FANTASTIC AND EVERYTHING I WANTED AND IT WAS AMAZING. Apparently I should have just watched it alone in my room with my dogs. I would have seen it earlier and I would have actually been allowed to enjoy it.

I'm going to bed and rewatching it. Hopefully my plans for the 100th anniversary go better than this...