Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

My car registration expired Sept 30 (also the same day my transmission broke funny enough). Anyways. I renewed it online at the DMV website and still have yet to have my new registration show up in the mail. My stickers are expired on my car. I have temp proof that I bought a new registration but I also got a new license plate number so my new one that is in the system does not match what is on my car. So frustrated and calling them is about as annoying as going to the dmv.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Uh... no... Sudafed is a brand name and they makes some specialized products that do contain Acetaminophen, but their basic product is Pseudoephedrine, a decongestant. If it's just plain old "Sudafed 12 Hour" or whatever, it doesn't have any acetaminophen at all. Some of the specialized formulas for congestion +pain do have acetaminophen, though.
You might want to check again. I looked at the ingredient list of just plain Sudafed a few months ago, as well as plain Pseudoephedrine. Both were almost all Acetaminophen. That's why I stopped taking it.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
You might want to check again. I looked at the ingredient list of just plain Sudafed a few months ago, as well as plain Pseudoephedrine. Both were almost all Acetaminophen. That's why I stopped taking it.
http://www.sudafed.com/products/adul...ur#Ingredients

Ingredients
Active Ingredient (in each tablet)
Pseudoephedrine HCl 120 mg
Purpose
Nasal decongestant

Inactive Ingredients
candelilla wax, FD&C blue no. 1 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, shellac, talc, titanium dioxide
Old 11-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
You know that Sudafed is almost all Acetaminophen, right? Could that be what's causing the GI issues?
I think you need to check again.

This is what I took:

http://www.sudafed.com/products/adul...udafed-24-hour

Ingredients
Pseudoephedrine HCl 240 mg
Purpose
Nasal decongestant

Inactive Ingredients
cellulose triacetate, hydroxypropylcellulose, hypromellose, iron oxide, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, povidone, propylene glycol, shellac, sodium chloride, and titanium dioxide

No acetaminophen at all.

The Sudafed + Pain has naproxen sodium (Aleve.) Not acetaminophen.
The Sudafed PE + Pain, however, DOES have acetaminophen. But the PE is also no more effective at relieving sinus symptoms than a placebo, so I get the real stuff.

Stomach upset is one of the most common side-effects of pseudoephedrine.

So I'm pretty sure it's the pseudoephedrine I took that made me sick to my stomach. Although I suppose any of those inactive ingredients could theoretically do the same.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
http://www.sudafed.com/products/adul...ur#Ingredients

Ingredients
Pseudoephedrine HCl 120 mg
Purpose
Nasal decongestant

Inactive Ingredients
candelilla wax, FD&C blue no. 1 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, shellac, talc, titanium dioxide
Scratching my head here- that certainly doesn't match what I read on the box. Weird.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Scratching my head here- that certainly doesn't match what I read on the box. Weird.
If you picked a box up off the shelf at a store, it wasn't original Sudafed. It was the "shelf safe" version with different ingredients. Actual original Sudafed has to come from the pharmacy counter.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Went to the ER today. Had really bad abdominal pain near my naval on the right side, was pretty convinced it was appendicitis.

Four hours later... it's a ovarian cyst. Kill me now if these start becoming more common. At least it doesn't hurt anymore.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Blonde Raccoon

Blaaah. I never get sick but I've been sick the last couple days. I have so much school work to do but so far I haven't really been able to get out of bed.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:48 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
If you picked a box up off the shelf at a store, it wasn't original Sudafed. It was the "shelf safe" version with different ingredients. Actual original Sudafed has to come from the pharmacy counter.
Aaaa! That's it exactly. So, in order to get just plain Sudafed for allergy relief, I have to pay for a doctor's visit then pay full price for the prescription since there is an OTC version available. What a racket! Guess I'll just stick with Claritin since it doesn't have Acetaminophen in it.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:00 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Aaaa! That's it exactly. So, in order to get just plain Sudafed for allergy relief, I have to pay for a doctor's visit then pay full price for the prescription since there is an OTC version available. What a racket! Guess I'll just stick with Claritin since it doesn't have Acetaminophen in it.
I don't get sick much or know a lot about pharmacies and drugs, but I'm fairly positive they just KEEP the sudafed, Claritin, Etc behind the pharmacy counter with certain ingredients in them that can be used to make illegal drugs, because they want to ID and monitor how many are going to whom- which they limit iirc.

So... No prescription necessary, just stored somewhere else- like cigarettes. Right?

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm