Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Also, we have street parking at our house and someone hit the passenger side of DH's car last night and took off-no note or anything. Thankfully the doors still function but the poor Beemer is definately damaged. Just one more thing we are gonna have to pay for....We are seriously considering security cameras.
My brother's truck got hit while parked on the street - totaled it. They not just hit it head-on, but pushed i halfway down the block. I don't know how they managed to drive off. He had a dash cam, but it timed out automatically before it happened.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Also, we have street parking at our house and someone hit the passenger side of DH's car last night and took off-no note or anything. Thankfully the doors still function but the poor Beemer is definately damaged. Just one more thing we are gonna have to pay for....We are seriously considering security cameras.
My husband's co-worker was visiting his son last weekend and someone hit his car hard enough that the co-worker's car was pushed up the street and hit his son's car. The insurance company declared the co-worker's car totaled and the son's car "minor cosmetic damage." They think the lady that hit the car was falling sleep at the wheel.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 11-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Top Dog

My coworker...I've worked with her for four years, she was at the job before me. I was promoted above her, but she says she accepts it because she has no computer skills. It never really seemed like an issue with us. We very occasionally have gone out to dinner or for drinks, even after I was 'promoted'. The other day I said to her Oh, hey, we haven't gone out to dinner for a while...we need to do that! And she responds by saying since I'm her boss, she has nothing to talk about with me, and that she wouldn't want to slip up and tell me stuff that goes on when I'm not around..or something like that. I was just thinking about it and I'm really bothered by it. She's gotten increasingly paranoid about being fired, and constantly makes comments about being replaced. I just don't know anymore.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Top Dog

Officially for sure lost my rocket dog of Vermont convertible slip lead. D: It was Recon's favorite tug lead, too.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 11-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
(((Hugs))) I'm so sorry

DH is leaving for Germany for work this evening and will be gone for a week. I know this is a good opportunity for him, and I know I can handle him being gone but I don't want to. I don't really care for being alone for that many evenings, even if the animals are there. I have a hard time falling asleep by myself and Jack always pretty much sleeps on DH at night so he is usually restless and whiney for the first couple of nights DH is away. Plus Pickles is still at the vet which complicates things with work since I will have to take some time off when she comes homes.

I just found out my husband is going to be home all next week too. Ugh. He is going to be working long hours at a house that is up in Maryland and since no one lives at the house he was told he can stay there at night until he is done to save gas money.

I have mixed feelings about it. I obviously like having my husband around and will seriously miss him, but at the same time it will be nice to have some quality ME time you know?
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 11-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Plus One

this seems so stupid but I found a picture of my old pony with her new rider that was taken last week and it's really upsetting me. It really shouldnt upset me this much, we sold her 7 years ago and I should be glad that she has a good home. It has always been my biggest regret selling her and my parents have said the same. It was what made me give up riding for so long because no other horse could ever compare to her. She was perfect. I did everything with that pony. She hunted, showjumped, evented, raced with my friends and was quiet enough that even when I was 9 I was able to handle her safely and my parents let me go on rides by myself because they knew I'd be safe on her.
I just want her back!!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
I just found out my husband is going to be home all next week too. Ugh. He is going to be working long hours at a house that is up in Maryland and since no one lives at the house he was told he can stay there at night until he is done to save gas money.

I have mixed feelings about it. I obviously like having my husband around and will seriously miss him, but at the same time it will be nice to have some quality ME time you know?
My man is also gone for just under 2 weeks, and I don't like it much He's touring with his band which is awesome and I'm happy for him, but I definitely don't like being all by myself for that long. We don't often spend time away from each other, if it's just a few days it can be nice, but this is toooo long!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:09 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Going on month four of Michael gone. Still sucks. Almost halfway done. Almost.

It hasn't gotten worse. But it hasn't really gotten better. It's just...stagnent. Not bad, mind you, just...not great. *sigh*

Bleh.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Top Dog

Long distance sucks, guys. I feel you. :\

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 11-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Want to cuddle, and pet, and schmooschy schmoo Peppy Schnauzer. But she's so gross!!! Checking to see if more shampoo's will help or hinder her skin infection, and if shaving may help.