Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapeach View Post
Had to share this.....
We have a foster kitten that is almost 5 weeks old, Zoey.
I mentioned to my mom I was thinking of letting Zoey sleep with our girls (ages 7 and 10)
My mom tells me the kitten could smother my kids in their sleep!!!!!!!
I tell her this is an old wives tale and she argues with me for several more minutes. A Dr told her it was true.......really, in the year 1865 maybe! Or if the Dr was a quack.
Then she tells me it's my decision....yeah I knew that already.
So if this tiny bundle of evil fluff sucks my kids' breath away in the night....it's totally on me.
Personally I've been more concerned that one of the girls might roll over in their sleep and smush HER.
My cat does like to sleep on my face early in the morning. It's his way of trying to wake me up so I'll feed him. However, at 5 weeks old, I'd be MUCH more concerned with the girls rolling over on the kitten and smothering it. I had numerous heart attacks with Huck when we first brought him home because he liked to sleep in between my bf and I. I'd wake up to see where he was and he was just this limp little rag. Thankfully he was just deeply asleep but eish.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Top Dog

Got a parking ticket today because I bought a ticket for the wrong stall. Boo.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Top Dog

Had my tooth extraction today . Not fun . I am so nearly phobic about the dentist. It was my first extraction while I was awake, and I much prefer fillings and root canals...the extraction totally skeeved me, the pulling and cracking and ripping noise, I was freaking out. Way too much continuous bleeding now.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm All Ears

I am still sad my car has a huge hole in the back of it from last weekend. Sigh. Poor car.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Had my tooth extraction today . Not fun . I am so nearly phobic about the dentist. It was my first extraction while I was awake, and I much prefer fillings and root canals...the extraction totally skeeved me, the pulling and cracking and ripping noise, I was freaking out. Way too much continuous bleeding now.
I feel that pain. I had four extractions back in April before I got my braces and I couldn't feel any pain but the sounds were awful and my face was jerked every where. My dentist also punched me in the face by accident because one of my teeth would not come out for any thing.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseWordsAtBest View Post
I feel that pain. I had four extractions back in April before I got my braces and I couldn't feel any pain but the sounds were awful and my face was jerked every where. My dentist also punched me in the face by accident because one of my teeth would not come out for any thing.
Bah dental work.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm All Ears

Sigh. I need to buckle down and cut some monthly expenses if I want to save up the rest of my downpayment on my planned time. Too many broken cars, vet bills, etc lately.

I really still want a new fish tank though. :/

Responsibility and being an adult sucks.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Bah dental work.
The bleeding will taper off soon! After the first day I didn't have any bleeding. If you can get clove oil at a health food store it helps. I was surprised by how it soothed my gums and it helped prevent dry sockets.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:06 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

I was un friended on FB because I disagreed with someone's post hailing that rescues or shelters were the only places anyone should be getting dogs and all breeders were just greedy money grubbing bastards.

Believe it or not the exchange was quite civil at the time, with everyone making points and expressing their view, everyone had some valid points on all sides. Then I pull up my friends today to see who is online and find this person has in friended me ... Really??? It sucks because we networked a lot of animals in need of rescue

Oh well.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:54 AM
Top Dog

I swear the universe saw something going good and had to throw out some hurdles for me

One cat had hepatitis. Now all three. Force feeding. No fun. And my favorite kitty is not doing good on top of that gizmo has a uti. Another vet visit in am.

I know it would take a while with the house but people are not wanting to start drywall till next year. I know that's only two months but that's a long time. I feel anxious being between and just want to get moved.

Husband needs choked. Asked him to check tire pressure this am. Said he did. Get in later and says extremely low. Call him and he says "It looked ok". Almost late to work. Says he doesn't see the bi deal. I had one blow once and almost hit another car and went over a hill.

Gettin more and more upset about not having a "my dog". I swear the phone commercial wih the kid going home to see his sick dog makes me bawl.

I just want my kitties to be ok right now. Guess I can deal with the rest. Can't deal with loosing another animal right now!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber