Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-05-2013, 01:02 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Did you go in and explain your situation to the clerks and everything? You can't be the only one who has tried to apply with an active military person currently away.. There has to be something they can do to work it out.
I haven't had a chance to go in person and plead my case, but my mother called for me yesterday while I was working and explained the situation and they were pretty adamant about us both appearing in person. I just left a message and am waiting to hear back...if I don't, I'll have to stop by next week and see if something can be done.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Marriage License. BAH. Kind of hard for us to both be present and sign for one when the courthouse is closed on weekends and my fiance is in ANOTHER STATE serving in the MILITARY. Stupid requirement. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'm hoping I can find a loophole...or find a pastor that will marry us without a license, and then we can take care of that later.

BAH. Everything was coming together so nicely, too.
How early do you have to have it? In California, you only had to have it like, 24 hours before the wedding I think. I'm pretty sure we only got it 2 days before the ceremony.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 11-05-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm All Ears

First day working after time change. It feels like 9 pm coming home from work. Yuck!
Old 11-05-2013, 07:27 PM
dogstrong

Money stress, huzzah.

Really need to find work.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 11-05-2013, 07:33 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Yeah I can't get used to the darkness at night either, it's 6:30pm here now and it feels much much later ... I can't adjust.

I do like the extra hour of sleep though.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
How early do you have to have it? In California, you only had to have it like, 24 hours before the wedding I think. I'm pretty sure we only got it 2 days before the ceremony.
The license itself is good for 60 days and can be obtained the day off the ceremony. BUT, Michael is out of state until the 21st. Which is a Saturday. So he cannot be anywhere to sign anything until that day, and the government apparently shuts down on weekends.

FML.

If we change the date of the wedding, which we are considering doing, we aren't sure if as many family members (including his mother, who is kind of important) will be able to make it.

So we're thinking we'll have to have the ceremony, and then just have a civil service the next day. Because the government is an idiot.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I'm not sure this is a vent exactly, but I'm super nervous. Thursday or Friday (depending on when I can leave) I'm suppose to drive over the pass. I'm going alone, without even a dog! It's a bit scary to drive over in the first place, but it's already snowing and icy here and I am nervous. I do have snow tires so there's that. I have so much homework to try to finish before I go, I'm super stressed out. *sigh*
Old 11-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
The license itself is good for 60 days and can be obtained the day off the ceremony. BUT, Michael is out of state until the 21st. Which is a Saturday. So he cannot be anywhere to sign anything until that day, and the government apparently shuts down on weekends.

FML.

If we change the date of the wedding, which we are considering doing, we aren't sure if as many family members (including his mother, who is kind of important) will be able to make it.

So we're thinking we'll have to have the ceremony, and then just have a civil service the next day. Because the government is an idiot.
Ask if you can have it witnessed by a notary when both of you are present. iirc I had to do this with ours as we were in different states at the time and it was accepted. I'm pretty sure that was in IN, too, but about 5 years ago.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

FML.

Could you not just get the license to be legally married and then have the wedding next time he's back? If all you need is to be legally married, not much is required. At least not in my state.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:27 PM

I think we have it figured out now.

Our pastor is going to perform the ceremony without the license. Then, on Monday, we'll go get the marriage license from the court house and our pastor said he'd sign off on it. A bit of an extra step and doing it kind of backwards....but it all works out.

I'm still going to see if there is anyway for me to obtain the license ahead of time...butthe above would be okay.