Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

My little brother punched a metal door last night and seriously messed up his hand. After arguing to get him to go to the er, he has to go see the orthopedic surgeon on Monday to see if he's going to end up needing surgery.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 11-02-2013, 09:19 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
****, you're right, it is 45 days. I was definitely thinking it was 60. Thanks for the heads up! I think if I don't have a shipping notice by tomorrow night (end of the week) I'm just going to open a dispute. Then they can negotiate within the dispute.
You're welcome

Yes definitely file the claim and have them work it out that way you're protected either way. Either they wise up and you get your blanket or paypal gets your money back. I hope it works out for the best and you get the item you paid for!

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Twin 2.0

Just got my schedule for this month. I have 2 days off the entire month and at least one scheduled (9-9) shift a week, with three of them happening the last week of the month. So I'm look at probably putting in close to 250 hours this month, on a conservative guess.

Sometimes I wish I was hourly.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Original Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Please please please get an eye doctor to look at it! My sister put off going to the doctor for a week because she only had catastrophic insurance and didn't want to pay for the office visit. She was having blurry vision that wouldn't go away. Turns out both retinas were detaching, and because she had waited more than 48 hours, it is very likely she will never get her sight back.

She had surgery on Monday and is just now starting to be able to open her eyes. The less severe eye seems to be okay, the other one is still behind an eye patch and is unable to focus still. It's super scary.

Don't mess with your eyes.
I'm not having any vision problems, it's just red, off to the side. It has been thoroughly looked at by my Dr friend and he doesn't recommend that I take any further action unless something changes.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upendi&Mina View Post
My little brother punched a metal door last night and seriously messed up his hand. After arguing to get him to go to the er, he has to go see the orthopedic surgeon on Monday to see if he's going to end up needing surgery.

FWIW, I think seeing an orthopedic surgeon when you break something is fairly normal. I had to see an orthopedic surgeon when I broke my wrist, he was the one that decided cast details (how high it'd go for how long, etc).

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Just got my schedule for this month. I have 2 days off the entire month and at least one scheduled (9-9) shift a week, with three of them happening the last week of the month. So I'm look at probably putting in close to 250 hours this month, on a conservative guess.

Sometimes I wish I was hourly.
Are there no regulations to the number of hours for salary in the states? There are in canada!
Old 11-02-2013, 02:26 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Grown adults should be able to make their own decisions and accept the repercussions for those decisions without burdening other people with the results of their own actions. RAWR.

Old 11-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Top Dog

My younger bro and his wife just had baby #7. All have been born on Medicaid. All have Medicaid "health insurance". They use WIC and food stamps. The other kids are "homeschooled", yet all that means is mommy gets to stay in bed all day in the name of nursing and caring for a baby (with the exception of changing diapers, as evidenced by horrid yeast infections & diaper rashes) while the other kids occasionally do a page here and there from a dollar store workbook. The oldest, who is 13 and should be in 8th grade, is probably on a 3rd grade level, not counting science & social studies. All the kids are neglected.

There's sooo much more to it all, but I just don't have the time or finger strength to type it all. But it pisses. me. off.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:31 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

#%*() #*$()@#( @_($*#)(U% _(#@*$ )#(*$

******* Walmart.

I just spent an HOUR at the ******* Walmart store, and left with ONE THING that I actually wanted. Paper towels. They didn't have THREE OF THE OTHER ITEMS that I wanted, even though I TRIPLE CHECKED that store's webpage and they said they were in stock. I stood in line for TWENTY MINUTES before giving up and moving to another line, which still took forever. That cashier was at least nice and helpful. Then, the site to store item that was ordered, which was the ONLY REASON I was at this particular Walmart, which they SAID HAD BEEN DELIVERED AT 10:00AM THIS MORNING was not, indeed, delivered. Plus, one of the yougarts I bought was EXPIRED. EX-FREAKING-SPIRED. SINCE SEPTEMBER.

W.T.F.

I'm just so pissed and stressed right now it isn't even funny. I like the Walmart on the other side of town...not this one. And I was just reminded how much so I hate this one today. Holy Jesus.

Old 11-02-2013, 04:52 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

The ones in my area are famous for having like 50 checkouts and keeping like ... 10-20 open even in PEAK hours ... WTH Walmart??? No your self checkouts are not enough to compensate during peak hours! the HEB's here are much more Efficient.