Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-29-2013, 09:09 PM
orange iguanas.

Hit by car dog came in today and despite our best efforts, he just kept going downhill and we were never able to get him stable. He was young. My dogs are getting extra hugs and treats tonight... such a horrible thing that can easily happen to anyone.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post
WHY!?!?!?! I am hoping for the next two years or so. We have plans to get married, but we just bought a house and we have some expenses we want to pay off first, but I just want the dang ring so I can stop calling him my boyfriend, because he is way more than that.

Men can be so stubborn. GRrrr...
so call him your husband, if thats what the relationship is. why do you need a piece of metal and a piece of paper to tell you what you are to each other? if gay people who arent married can call each other spouse or husband or wife or whatever they like, why cant you? your relationship is whatever you say it is. thats why its YOURS
Old 10-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Top Dog

Unfortunately legally he's not her husband. I believe it's different for gay couples since the majority CANT get married. Marriage is more than a ring and paper. Maybe to you it isn't but to many people it's a huge commitment. I can call my SO whatever I want but legally he is nothing to me. I don't think its right to call someone your spouse when they really aren't. (Again, excluding the majority of gay couples.)
Old 10-29-2013, 10:20 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
Unfortunately legally he's not her husband. I believe it's different for gay couples since the majority CANT get married. Marriage is more than a ring and paper. Maybe to you it isn't but to many people it's a huge commitment. I can call my SO whatever I want but legally he is nothing to me. I don't think its right to call someone your spouse when they really aren't. (Again, excluding the majority of gay couples.)
why not? as long as you arent fudging your taxes or doing anything ILLEGAL, call your spouse whatever the **** you want "hi im jane and this is my husband, john" who does that hurt? if thats what you feel you are, so be it
Old 10-29-2013, 11:48 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

$%^& I miss Lucy.

DSC_0033 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 10-29-2013, 11:50 PM
and Fozzie B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklepaige View Post
It makes me feel petty and silly and dumb.

I never used to be this jealous and stupid.

I guess I want a "traditional" relationship more than I thought I did. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
Hey, girl. Listen. You are NOT being silly, dumb, jealous or stupid. In fact you're being one of the most open-minded sweetest people in the WORLD! 99% of women would have kicked his ass to the curb.

I went through a similar situation with my boyfriend. When I met him, he was all about being "free"... he was "polyamorous". He didn't believe that people should be stuck with one other person. What he was really saying was, "I'm not ready for a commited relationship. I want to **** around, have my cake, and eat it too!" I tricked myself into thinking that was ok, I could deal with it, I was open minded. Then I got an STD from him sleeping with some hoe. It was HPV, so nothing permanent or awful, but I did get a cancer scare from my doctor and had to undergo several painful tests which resulted in a month of serious bleeding. I did not deserve that and neither do you!

That incident made me realize polygamy is not for me. If you give him your trust and confidence, you could end up with an STD or with some other random girl carrying your boyfriend's baby. It happens, even with protection. And clearly you will end up with hurt feelings and confusion. If you have sex and date regularly, spend a lot of time with each other, are moving in together, and if he feels obligated to talk to you about having sex with some one else... he is your boyfriend! You don't need to announce it or clarify it, it's unspoken truth. I would go so far as to say it's not a good idea to move in with him until you become official and work out something that makes YOU happy. Trust me, it is hellish to live with some one when they're going out, you know they're sleeping with other people, and you're left alone.

I know there are some super radical, unconventional people who make polygamy work... but usually polygamy = men banging all the girls they want, and the girls sitting at home being submissive, passive girlfriends that the man uses for backup sex. How would he feel about you having relationships with other men? How would you feel about that? Personally, I have zero interest in that. It's way too much energy to deal with TWO ridiculous men, and I would feel completely bad about myself. I honestly think the only way polygamy works and is fair is when both partners are getting some on the side.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 10-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Top Dog

I don't care what other people call their significant others, but to me, a husband would be someone I got married to, which means... getting married.

And if I wanted to get married, changing my boyfriend's title from boyfriend to husband without getting married would just be... nothing.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:25 AM
aka RedHotBabe

Nolu is coming to town.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm All Ears

I'm so ****ing sick of being sick. 4 times today. And sadly that has become my new normal. I really don't think these medications are working for me.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:37 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Because I don't know what else to say.

Holy cow. What's going on?
I'm broken in too many ways.