Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Obey the Toad.

I dropped my favorite lip balm on the floor of a port a potty along the bike trail today and it landed among droplets of what I'm pretty sure was urine. Needless to say, the lip balm took one for the team--no lip balm is worth picking up after that-lol.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Kung Pow Fish

please god save my dogs from my stupidity

tori got out of the backyard, how nobody will ever know. my roommate came and was like "um is that one of your girls across the street?" so i go out and yep its tori, across the street, sniffing a tree. without even thinking, i recall her, and because shes a good girl and has a mindblowing snappy recall, she instantly comes running

.... in front of a moving car

thankfully the driver was paying attention and had slowed down and stopped when i called her, but im so shook up and iv been crying for like 10 minutes, how badly that could have gone. im so stupid. oh my god. i just want to hug my dog and cry and never ever risk her like that again. someone please kill me and wrap her in bubble wrap forever.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I am watching the remake of "nightmare" (which is like totally my fave horror franchise ever) and now I get why people say you should never touch the classics.

Robert Englund IS Freddy Kruger, no one else is worthy ... This guy, he's ... Okay, but it's just not the same. JMO.
Robert Englund likes his performance and liked where he took the character, he was actually disappointed that they didn't do more special effects and do more to the kids that way lol.

But that Doug Bradley is coming back as pinhead, Michael and Tim are teaming back up for a new beetlejuice and Bruce is returning as ash for AoD 2....so much amazing, just makes me happy.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:10 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
Robert Englund likes his performance and liked where he took the character, he was actually disappointed that they didn't do more special effects and do more to the kids that way lol.

But that Doug Bradley is coming back as pinhead, Michael and Tim are teaming back up for a new beetlejuice and Bruce is returning as ash for AoD 2....so much amazing, just makes me happy.
Not that it was a bad movie, it wasn't (the nightmare remake I mean) in its own right it as actually very good. It's just, this Freddy was very ... Like dark and melodramatic I guess is the best way I can can describe it. I guess I am used to Robert Englund's snarky, grotesque black sense of humor was too awesome I guess.

New hell raiser/ AOD ... Yay!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Just cancelled Winnie's birthday party over the fact that none of my relatives can comprehend the fact that I DONOTWANT my biological mother any where near her!!! WTF people?! Guess we'll just do something small with the the of us. Don't get why my side of the family, who know what I went throughwith her, cannot get it through their heads that I won't expose my child to that crap!!!

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Not that it was a bad movie, it wasn't (the nightmare remake I mean) in its own right it as actually very good. It's just, this Freddy was very ... Like dark and melodramatic I guess is the best way I can can describe it. I guess I am used to Robert Englund's snarky, grotesque black sense of humor was too awesome I guess.

New hell raiser/ AOD ... Yay!
I agree as well, I just found it interesting to hear his take a couple years ago. I like the campiness of 80's horror movies. It wasn't about the most grotesque way of killing like most movies now (Saw series) or human depravity (hostel and human centipede) it was about imaginative ways of killing them with a snappy one liner to follow (welcome to prime time bitch) except Jason and Michael they get a pass for killing teens who smoke pot, drink and have under age sex lmao.

Now I get more if a kick out of watching import horrors lol, dead snow sooo awesome in a bad movie kind if way, rare imports, simply fantastic! Let the right one in, so far exceeds the American remake it doesn't even compare (let me in). So ya, I'm a horror geek, the first time I met Robert Englund I was sooo excited, even moreso then meeting the cast of STNG the same day lol.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGroomer View Post
Just cancelled Winnie's birthday party over the fact that none of my relatives can comprehend the fact that I DONOTWANT my biological mother any where near her!!! WTF people?! Guess we'll just do something small with the the of us. Don't get why my side of the family, who know what I went throughwith her, cannot get it through their heads that I won't expose my child to that crap!!!
I don't. Know what went on, but if they do know and can't respect it then you did the right thing. She is your little person and you get to choose who you introduce into her life, good on ya for not buckling into family pressures.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Sport Model Pug

Snowfall warning for tonight... 10-20cm

It was like 20C today. Asshole mother nature...

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 10-26-2013, 11:19 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
I agree as well, I just found it interesting to hear his take a couple years ago. I like the campiness of 80's horror movies. It wasn't about the most grotesque way of killing like most movies now (Saw series) or human depravity (hostel and human centipede) it was about imaginative ways of killing them with a snappy one liner to follow (welcome to prime time bitch) except Jason and Michael they get a pass for killing teens who smoke pot, drink and have under age sex lmao.
Yeah totally! I am a horror movie veteran (been watching them since I was about 13 ... I had a TV/VCR combo in my room when I was a kid and a video store that was within walking distance from my house so ... Yeah lol I used to sneak a lot of movies) and I actually got queasy in some parts of Hostel. The saw franchise was just shocking to me, not scary, but more like "oh **** that sucks" lol.

Quote:
Now I get more if a kick out of watching import horrors lol, dead snow sooo awesome in a bad movie kind if way, rare imports, simply fantastic! Let the right one in, so far exceeds the American remake it doesn't even compare (let me in). So ya, I'm a horror geek, the first time I met Robert Englund I was sooo excited, even moreso then meeting the cast of STNG the same day lol.
I loved that Japanese horror movie called "audition" and saw the original "ring" and i agree the orginal Asian movies are always tons better then their americsn counterparts.

Of course I also love zombie flicks (resident evil, and George Romero's franchise are some of my faves) but I rather enjoyed The Grudge and I think it was based on an Asian horror movie, though I don't know that for sure. Also "The Happening" was good as was "The Ruins".
Old 10-27-2013, 12:22 AM
Obey the Toad.

It's 12:20 am and our neighbors are blasting super obnoxious rap. The fact that I am this annoyed by it is an indication that I'm getting old....I'm not sure if I'm more annoyed by the noise or by my own annoyance at said noise....

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.