Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Aware

Sael, are there really that many idiots in more populated areas? I've been so spoiled with everyone in the small towns I frequent knowing exactly who I am, my dog's (or dogs' when I had -IT guys) names, their ages, Em's allergies... :|
Old 10-24-2013, 08:59 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I was at Walmart for about 30 minutes, maybe less, to get spray paint, masking tape, and a box so I can finish my nephew's costume. The idiots were out in full force
Good gravy. That would drive me BATTY. Beyond a very bad look from a gas station manager, when I had Sadie we didn't much flack from anyone, and she was only in training.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Sael, are there really that many idiots in more populated areas? I've been so spoiled with everyone in the small towns I frequent knowing exactly who I am, my dog's (or dogs' when I had -IT guys) names, their ages, Em's allergies... :|
If it helps, Romy lives is WA and she said they have less stupid people there
Old 10-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
If it helps, Romy lives is WA and she said they have less stupid people there
I know there's more "trainer" and handler idiots, though. Good thing Em couldn't care less about reactive dogs, lol.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:57 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
I am SO F-ING COLD. My hands are freezing, and I'm about a degree away from shivering. But I refuse to turn my heat on. Refuse. It is only October, dang it! I should not be this cold! (And it is only 68* in my apartment...I'm a wuss. But BRRRRRRRR.)
Yeah WTH with all the cold weather this early? We also refuse to turn the heat on (this is Texas and its October!! It's not supposed to be this cold yet!) I have had to dig out my heavy blanket and winter PJ's that I normally don't have to reach for til November

@Sael I am sorry you have deal with so many assholes, if the "fakers" knew just how much of a gauntlet REAL SD's and their handlers have to go through while out in public every day then they might re think "wanting" a SD.

I don't see many service dogs where I am but the ones I do see I try to be respectful of, like, I give them their space and don't talk to their dog.

Last edited by Dogdragoness; 10-24-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:24 AM
orange iguanas.

I have no motivation to do anything today. But I have to. The thought of getting out of my pajamas is torturous. It is almost noon. Urrrggghhh.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Untrue.
Haha! Thanks for the solidarity. I think all the comments were kept to private messages.

My vent: Strawberry dunkin donuts coffee tastes NASTY.

I wasted half and half on it, so I'm going to continue drinking it.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:28 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsydals View Post
ohh Shut up. Its freaking cold to me. LOL I still see people wearing shorts and not shirt and here I am contemplating pulling out the winter coat, gloves and hat. YES I admit it. I am a whimp when it comes to cold. I don't retain heat very well at all.
and FYI, 50F IS TOO cold!!!!!
Lol. If it makes you feel better I really do hate the cold. However since we normally have a blizzard and at least a foot of snow for Halloween I am trying to appreciate the weather.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 10-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post

I just. . I. . . wait, WHAT? Can you get creepier? Like, seriously, try. I challenge you to a contest of who can make the creepiest posts with the most spelling and grammar errors.
Well, I don't think she was any more crude than anything else being said here. I didn't find it creepier than your comment. I didn't find anything wrong with what you said but neither did I find anything wrong with what she said. I do find it creepy how much people find time to target and pick apart everything she says though.

Honestly, what I see happening reminds me of when you're in school and there is a group kidding around, making jokes and someone they don't like says almost the exact thing and everyone just goes silent and judgey.

I get you don't like her, I get that she rubes people wrong (I've been there, argued with her and been super frustrated) and I think she can be pretty awful to people sometimes too, but you know, I find the way she's treated and the snide, catty, malicious comments made to her when she isn't being mean just...well, wrong. I keep waiting for the pitch forks and torches.

I'm sorry I'm only quoting you in this Nolu, believe me there are many more examples from many others, this just happens to be the one that ended up making me break my silence.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Well, I don't think she was any more crude than anything else being said here. I didn't find it creepier than your comment. I didn't find anything wrong with what you said but neither did I find anything wrong with what she said. I do find it creepy how much people find time to target and pick apart everything she says though.

Honestly, what I see happening reminds me of when you're in school and there is a group kidding around, making jokes and someone they don't like says almost the exact thing and everyone just goes silent and judgey.

I get you don't like her, I get that she rubes people wrong (I've been there, argued with her and been super frustrated) and I think she can be pretty awful to people sometimes too, but you know, I find the way she's treated and the snide, catty, malicious comments made to her when she isn't being mean just...well, wrong. I keep waiting for the pitch forks and torches.

I'm sorry I'm only quoting you in this Nolu, believe me there are many more examples from many others, this just happens to be the one that ended up making me break my silence.
Thank you!!!

I have been in plenty of fairly heated discussions with her but yeah, not EVERYTHING needs to be picked apart or judged. What she said was totally relevant to the other posts.