Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-19-2013, 10:44 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post

Especially the bold.

Yes, a big change up is going to rattle some problems and there will be growing pains and people who are needing to pay more (myself included) etc.... but do you really want to live in a country where people go BANKRUPT or die or suffer because they can't afford the health care they need or get the care and are saddled with debt for the rest of their lives?

I personally do not.

I have a family full of doctors and trust me, there were some toddler tantrums about ACA but at the end of the day, there is relief of not living in a country where treatment=a debt sentence or people avoid treatment/diagnosis because it's too expensive and then it's too late.

I don't think ACA is perfect.. but I do honestly truly believe that our health care system needs to change.

we are in good company frankly. It's not like we are the first to attempt this.

And as for the cost.. it's insane to me like people don't even blink at how much this country spends on war or anything else but.. OUR HEALTH?! WHAT?! THATS GOING TO COST US MONEY!?
and frankly, we are spending more on health care, as a country, the way things are.. then we would be with universal health care.
IT'S A MESS THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

I can't afford health care because my govt is TAXING THE CRAP OUT OF ME!

Do I think I should have to foot the bill for other people's health care when I can't afford my own? NO!

Old 10-19-2013, 11:01 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Do I think I should have to foot the bill for other people's health care when I can't afford my own? NO!
If you have or have ever had any kind of health insurance, then you've been footing the bill for other people's health care for years. It just wasn't called the ACA.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:06 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Yes I have, I had to let it go a while back (a few years ) because my premiums got so expensive I couldn't afford it .

Now with obamacare coming to light, I will have to get more by I think the end of 2014 (I think ???) or I will be "punished" by our wonderful govt.

Jerks.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:24 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Yes I have, I had to let it go a while back (a few years ) because my premiums got so expensive I couldn't afford it .
Oh, then I've been footing the bill for your health care. You're welcome!

Old 10-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:

Now with obamacare coming to light, I will have to get more by I think the end of 2014 (I think ???) or I will be "punished" by our wonderful govt.

Jerks.
If you have ever used any health care service you have paid for you have paid for other people's health care. Do you think hospitals just eat all those unpaid bills? They pass them on to other patients.

When I was 22 I had no health problems. Out of the blue, appendicitis. 30k+ surgery. Thank God I was on my parents insurance. A few years ago I had to have my gall bladder removed. A week later I started having horrific abdominal pains. Turned out I had a bile duct leak and was in the hospital for 5 days. These are things that would have killed me if they had not been fixed. Without insurance I would have been left with debt greater than the value of our house. I would have had to declare bankruptcy and the bill still would not have been paid. This is not a sustainable model for the health care system of a first world country.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Related? or Unrelated...

But when I hear WTF OBAMACARE!?!?!?! I imagine people running around in tin foil hats looking for the people in suits that are out to get them.

It's not personally going to affect me (maybe? idk I haven't really looked into it) but it sounds like it is going to be beneficial to the vast majority vs not.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

Jerks.
Yeah, it is way less expensive to just go to the hospital when something happens and never pay the bill. Don't worry, we'll cover it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
If you have ever used any health care service you have paid for you have paid for other people's health care. Do you think hospitals just eat all those unpaid bills? They pass them on to other patients.

When I was 22 I had no health problems. Out of the blue, appendicitis. 30k+ surgery. Thank God I was on my parents insurance. A few years ago I had to have my gall bladder removed. A week later I started having horrific abdominal pains. Turned out I had a bile duct leak and was in the hospital for 5 days. These are things that would have killed me if they had not been fixed. Without insurance I would have been left with debt greater than the value of our house. I would have had to declare bankruptcy and the bill still would not have been paid. This is not a sustainable model for the health care system of a first world country.
This.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:54 PM
Sport Model Pug

iTunes is horrible for playing music that makes me feel like crying...

Eff you, iTunes library. Eff you and eff your goat.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 10-20-2013, 04:03 AM
Kung Pow Fish

drivers are fcking dicks. today was the second day somebody RUNS A RED LIGHT to hit me while i am moseying across a PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK while i have the green to go

I HATE YOU PEOPLE. LEARN HOW TO DRIVE.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:16 AM
Top Dog

Last night, while trying to get the cat out of the mattress, we discovered the underside of the mattress is moldy. *gag* and that is a common problem in memory foam mattresses, especially Sealy brand mattresses. *double gag*. Not both of us have a sore throat, but we think its in our heads.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/