Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
If you're renting, can't your landlord provide some kind of proof?
im not renting, im not on the lease :/
Old 10-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
no car, no car insurance, my job doesnt give paystubs (under the table SHHHH) etc etc. i have a WA state ID that expired in Dec, and i need a MI state ID. the list is rather short of what they accept and what they wont, and i already tried to show up with 2 items of mail i got to my address and the bitchy lady at the counter said she cannot take them. i keep calling them when i have an idea, and they keep saying they cannot take that. i tried a prepaid credit card (was declined. what?!). i cannot afford to pay money for a cell phone for 1 month just so i can get a bill, and even if i did, thats only 1 piece of address proof.t hey need TWO. honestly this is so absurd i could just scream. what would homeless people do to get a valid identification? i mean sheesh. and kids, 18 year olds, with no bills or utilities in their name. what are THEY sposed to do?
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/so...8_222146_7.pdf

I assume you have columns 1/2 taken care of with a SS card and birth certificate?

Since your ID card is less than 1 year expired, that should fulfill column 3. Other options are a school ID card with a name/photo (high school or college should work)

For column 4, do you have any sort of bank account from Washington? Just change the address on it and wait for them to mail/email you the new statement.

Where are you living? Would they be willing to add you to the utilities? Are you out there to go to school? Can you register at the local college and present that info? Maybe a library card would work? (That's pseudo government)

Sorry, I remember the stress of moving from California to Maryland in college and having to switch all my info over when I bought a car, and then the frustration of doing it all again a year later when I got a job in Virginia and crossed the state line (a whole 20 miles away, but a whole new DMV to deal with...)

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 10-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
If you're renting, can't your landlord provide some kind of proof?
This. Rental Agreements are accepted. They list leases and rental agreements separately, so I don't think you need to be on the lease.

For the credit card, go to walmart and buy a bluebird card. Most convenience stores also sell credit cards that you load as you go. You do not apply so you cannot be denied the card. You have to pay for the card (I think like $6) and then load some money on it. Then you get your personalized card in the mail and voila piece of mail from credit card company with your name on it. I recommend bluebird because they have the most reasonable fees.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 10-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upendi&Mina View Post
This. Rental Agreements are accepted. They list leases and rental agreements separately, so I don't think you need to be on the lease.

For the credit card, go to walmart and buy a bluebird card. Most convenience stores also sell credit cards that you load as you go. You do not apply so you cannot be denied the card. You have to pay for the card (I think like $6) and then load some money on it. Then you get your personalized card in the mail and voila piece of mail from credit card company with your name on it. I recommend bluebird because they have the most reasonable fees.
Hmmm Ill look into this. i always assumed those prepaid money cards i see at walmart n stuff were anonymous, you load them and its like a gift card, if youve got the number and pin, its your money. i never knew they were actually personalized with bills and statements and everything-- thats perfect. ill look into that tomorrow

edited to add: bluebird is a no go. i just tried to register online and it says my email and phone number are already registered. registered with WHAT? mastercard? iv never had a mastercard creditcard ever ><
Old 10-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Quote:
Hmmm Ill look into this. i always assumed those prepaid money cards i see at walmart n stuff were anonymous, you load them and its like a gift card, if youve got the number and pin, its your money. i never knew they were actually personalized with bills and statements and everything-- thats perfect. ill look into that tomorrow
Yep, you have to register it online and they send you a regular card with your name on it. Some may be anonymous, I know for a fact that the bluebird isn't.

Also local government licensing is accepted, so I wonder if a dog license in your name would work.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 10-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
no car, no car insurance, my job doesnt give paystubs (under the table SHHHH) etc etc. i have a WA state ID that expired in Dec, and i need a MI state ID. the list is rather short of what they accept and what they wont, and i already tried to show up with 2 items of mail i got to my address and the bitchy lady at the counter said she cannot take them. i keep calling them when i have an idea, and they keep saying they cannot take that. i tried a prepaid credit card (was declined. what?!). i cannot afford to pay money for a cell phone for 1 month just so i can get a bill, and even if i did, thats only 1 piece of address proof.t hey need TWO. honestly this is so absurd i could just scream. what would homeless people do to get a valid identification? i mean sheesh. and kids, 18 year olds, with no bills or utilities in their name. what are THEY sposed to do?
If all else fails - and Karen's advice is effing awesome - just cry.

Nope, not even kidding. That's how I got my truck's tags. I was running late for work because of how long the wait was, and had been on the phone with insurance for 45 minutes, and when the stuff insurance sent them wasn't good enough I burst into tears. Not intentionally - disclaimer: it was humiliating. The lady just gave up and gave me the tags so she didn't have a sobbing mess sitting at her desk any longer. I couldn't handle the frustration and ridiculousness and just lost it.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Nope, not even kidding. That's how I got my truck's tags. I was running late for work because of how long the wait was, and had been on the phone with insurance for 45 minutes, and when the stuff insurance sent them wasn't good enough I burst into tears. Not intentionally - disclaimer: it was humiliating. The lady just gave up and gave me the tags so she didn't have a sobbing mess sitting at her desk any longer. I couldn't handle the frustration and ridiculousness and just lost it.
I did this back when I got my Caliber registered, but it didn't work Then the very next day, to add insult to injury, I got a ticket for expired tags. YEAH, BECAUSE THE ****ING BITCH AT THE TAG OFFICE WOULDN'T ****ING HELP ME!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I did this back when I got my Caliber registered, but it didn't work Then the very next day, to add insult to injury, I got a ticket for expired tags. YEAH, BECAUSE THE ****ING BITCH AT THE TAG OFFICE WOULDN'T ****ING HELP ME!
Awwww. That really sucks.

Were you oozing enough desperation? I was about ready to blow the truck up and claim it on my insurance.

ETA: Seriously, I was beyond upset. I got in my truck with my tags and couldn't even drive it. I think she felt bad for me.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Top Dog

Today is taking sooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooong.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Today is taking sooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooong.
It IIIIIIIS uuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog