Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-11-2013, 06:40 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

My dogs are so embarrassing.

I live in an apartment that is one of four in a single story "quadreplex", for lack of better word. Its a one story building with an apartment in each corner, and we each have a section of yard, our own porches, etc. One of my neighbor's doors is right by mine, separated by a bush. If Abrams is outside on his tether and she comes or goes, he barks at her the entire time since, in his mind, she is right by his turf. She tries to sweet talk him, but he doesn't care because I'm not out there with him. When I'm there, he loves her, but when I'm not, he'll bark. Which is what he's supposed to do, but she is a nice older lady and it breaks her heart that he barks at her.

So. Tonight she gets home and Abrams is barking at her. I go to the door to let him inside, because I don't want to be that person who let's their dog bark outside, but I make the mistake of actually talking to my neighbor and saying pleasantries while I do so, to hopefully make up for my dog barking at her. Cynder decides now would be an AWESOME time to dart out the door (which she NEVER does) and run over to my neighbor. I've since unclipped Abrams, but let go of him to try to grab Cynder, and he darts out of my reach to go say hi, too. They BOTH try to go into her house, and then Abrams gets so excited he starts peeing all over her porch. I have to run out barefoot in my tights and yoga top to go grab the stupid dogs, and when Abrams sees me coming he says, "YAY! GOOD THINGS ARE HAPPENING!!!!" and starts doing puppy zoomies all over the yard.

I call him and he comes to me, I grab him, and I lead him inside, and then Cynder decides she's going to be a butt and not come in, so I have to go back out for her, too. All while my poor neighbor just wants to go inside and not have dogs run into her apartment.

BAD DOGS. And now my neighbor probably thinks my dogs are even more of idiots than she already did.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK View Post
Who's Courage? Why is it a big deal about a inspection?
Courage is a cat I ended up with who needs a home. She's had all necessary veterinary care but she takes a very long time to warm up to other cats. I'm trying to get her into a rescue because I'm (way) over my pet limit with her. And it's super obvious I have her because her x-pen (with bed, and box, and cat tree, and litterbox) is in my (tiny) livingroom.

And I just hate having to worry about them coming into my apartment. I have to put my cats away so they don't escape. It's just stressful!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 10-11-2013, 08:21 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Why do people insist on sitting on their stupid motorcycles for half an hour just revving it every 5 seconds? And at all hours of the day and night. 9:30 pm, 6:00 am, 2 am. Etc. why? If you need to run it why not... I don't know... Ride it?

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I'm just really sad tonight. I'm PMS-ing and have been super emotional all week and I heard a sad song on the radio and I just want to spend some effing time with my husband and not have to have him leave for work when I want to cuddle with him. I feel like we never see each other because his schedule is just so weird. On top of that I just really want a freaking horse and my Jeep is having some major issues now that it's getting colder.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 10-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

We almost got into a head on collison with a motorcyclest that was taking a corner wide. He swerved into the ditch, dropped his bike, and flipped. My brother and a nearby neighbor ran to his aid and lifted the bike off him while I called 911. He was pretty out of it, though talking a bit when we had to move aside for the paramedics. Can't stop thinking about it and hope he's okay.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

On top of the fact that we are having some issues dealing with the warranty for my car to get our transmission replaced I just noticed tonight that Cricket has a broken tooth and it looks gross.

Her breath had been starting to smell super bad recently so I decided to look into her mouth and noticed a back tooth was really yellow/brown looking and the tooth was completely split. The top part of the tooth wiggles bad and this clearly looks like it is going to need oral surgery to me. Of course this would happen when all this stuff with my car is going on.

Notice her nearby teeth are much whiter? My vet checked her mouth a couple months ago and said her teeth looked fine so it got bad in a pretty short time and I'm not happy about it. Not only does it look bad and it's probably going to cost a bit to get fixed, but it has to be painful for her and it bothers me so much to even think of her being in pain. She is already going through a tough time right now with her allergies flaring up again and she is constantly itchy. My poor girl.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 10-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Top Dog

It looks to be a slab fracture. Can happen from chewing, etc.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:04 AM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Meeting with the grad school people.... So far off to bad start. I forgot the guys name (just went blank). I also got covered in mud from falling on my way in.
I know my GPA is too low too so this feels like a waste. But I couldn't not go after my boss told me to. Ugh

This was a bad idea. I suppose I will sit through an hour meeting then thank him and go home and cry because I'm a failure.
How did it go??

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 10-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Top Dog

I really wanted to go to congress tomorrow. Husband pulled a muscle In his leg throwing hay so not happening.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 10-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Top Dog

Chazhound has been slow with posts of late. Where is everyone? lol