Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-08-2013, 07:00 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
I am not enjoying finding things to put on our wedding registry. Mr. Minimalist-I-don't-need-anything is not helping!
Oh my God, i dont even want to think of the fun I'm going to have. His response to me asking him what we needed...."A motercycle for me, and a piano for you?" Um, no dear. Not quite.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 10-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Top Dog

Dammit Flickr, I'm trying to write a blog entry! I need pictures, blog posts are USELESS without pictures.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Apparently in the year between when my house was inspected and "could use tuck-pointing" and now the foundation has completely crumbled away from the house in one corner.

Did I mention there's STILL no kitchen since LAST October, and now there's no bathroom either, and my dad opened up the entire back wall of the laundry room this weekend while I was in Indy?

And it needs a new roof. Probably soon.

Oh yeah and the tiny matter of my car potentially needing to be replaced.

And my dad wants to talk about "if we build a deck someday." I told him I don't have any money. "Well I know we won't build one now, but someday." "WHAT someday? I don't have any money and I'll probably never have any money."

I just want to burn the house to the ground, declare bankruptcy, and then kill myself.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Top Dog

I've known that Dany (the Lab) wasn't thriving in her new home for a while. Her owners tried almost everything I suggested, and she made some improvements, then regressed. They're frustrated.

They want to rehome her, they think she'll be happier in a home with another dog. I don't completely disagree, I just feel terrible that I made a poor placement.

She's from a kennel situation and apparently relies on other dogs for comfort and confidence more than I ever thought. They say she's happy and social when she's with other dogs. At home she just lays low and doesn't have interest in them.

And, I can't take her back.

Never, ever, again will I do a private rehome situation. Never again.

Because now I have a dog and a cat that need to be placed in very specific homes.

I wish I had a house, and unlimited amounts of money, because I'd like to try Dany on medication. And I'd like to see how she does living with a confident dog. But I can't. I sent out a dozen emails today. I am gunshy about placing her again but stacking the deck in her favor (fenced yard, minimal to no wood flooring, confident resident dog) might make for a good placement.

Just, ugh. Got in over my head. Don't know how to get out.

And, just feel awful about the poor placement.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 10-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
and my dad opened up the entire back wall of the laundry room this weekend while I was in Indy?
Did you tell him about the 'you break it, you buy it' rule? I don't know the situation, but, parent or no, I'd be upset if someone started another project before finishing the last...
Old 10-09-2013, 05:24 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Oh my God, i dont even want to think of the fun I'm going to have. His response to me asking him what we needed...."A motercycle for me, and a piano for you?" Um, no dear. Not quite.
He came up to the computer to "help" and I heard, "why do we need x,y,z...I don't think we actually NEED that..." I almost slapped him. WE DON'T "NEED" ANYTHING. I NEED TO FILL THIS LIST. ARghghaldfh;oaiewhfj;ladnl

LOL he stopped helping me. His contribution is that he would like a leather apron and a whip for IPO...I'm pretty sure if those things made an appearance on our WEDDING registry, that my family would be concerned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Dammit Flickr, I'm trying to write a blog entry! I need pictures, blog posts are USELESS without pictures.
I forgot you had a blog!!! Yay, more blog reading! I read the whole thing a long time ago (the tethering/bickering was something that hit close to home)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I just want to burn the house to the ground, declare bankruptcy, and then kill myself.
*hugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
And, just feel awful about the poor placement.
Don't feel bad. That happens to everyone that does rescue/fosters. Something better will come up and it will be great and you'll be so happy. In the meantime, do you have any trusted friends that could foster her for a bit?
Old 10-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
I forgot you had a blog!!! Yay, more blog reading! I read the whole thing a long time ago (the tethering/bickering was something that hit close to home)
You probably forgot because it's been 8 months since I posted anything. Although it's hard to update a blog about your dogs fighting when they're not actually fighting... It's probably going to become more of an all around training/what am I doing/funny things the dogs have done/dogs wearing knitwear blog now, which hopefully means I will update it more.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Someone told you you could have your dogs' nails re-cut because the groomer "didn't cut them short enough"? ORLY?

I'm pretty sure I'm about to have a verbal knock-down drag out with somebody who doesn't understand what a quick is or why you can't let your dog's nails go for 6 months and then expect them to be taken back super short.

Argh.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
Did you tell him about the 'you break it, you buy it' rule? I don't know the situation, but, parent or no, I'd be upset if someone started another project before finishing the last...
I know why he did it, he's re-doing all the plumbing in the house and we need to run stuff for the washer and dryer and new mudsink. But I didn't realize he was legit going to open up THE ENTIRE WALL. I mean you walk into my house and bam, you're looking at a wall that's just studs and the back of the wall on the other side. I went over there yesterday after the gym to bring home some agility books and walked into my house, saw that, and I just straight up started laughing because what else am I supposed to do besides laugh or cry...

He told me this morning "Try not to worry about it." LOLOLOLOL YEAH DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOU TELLING ME THE FOUNDATION IS CRUMBLED AWAY FROM MY HOUSE. GOT IT. THANKS DAD.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-09-2013, 02:15 PM
I'm All Ears

I've been downloading and importing files alllll Day and it takes about two hours for each. There's 10 and I'm on #2 right now. It locks up my computer so I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs.

Days like this are days I hate my job.