Old 10-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I love raw veggies. They don't love me back

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:48 AM
Was BackwardCinderella

I'm just... sad. I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone I wanted to, including zoom and nolu. I want to cry right now. The good byes I did get to say were full of crying and just awful.
I hate life right now.
:'(

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

A muscle in my cheek has been twitching for almost 18 hours... I'm assuming it's stress related, like eye twitches. But it's not really fun.

And it's how many degrees outside?
No.
Boo.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-07-2013, 10:45 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Tornado watch here all day :O

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Top Dog

My boyfriend's trying to lose 100lbs. Last week he'd lost a total of 47, and this week he was back up by 9lbs. He came to me all upset and wanting sympathy this morning, but I was basically like, "Well, what did you think was going to happen when you half-assed your diet (having a drink every night doesn't fit into your 10g/carbs/day plan, dude; neither does breaded chicken) and only got 20 minutes of cardio a day (and that's riding his bike two miles or so; come on)?"

I feel bad, but he's been yo-yoing on the same ten pounds for about three months now, and he even admitted that he's kind of afraid to go past the halfway point because (and this is my fault, but I had no way of predicting he'd be a weirdo about it) we'd planned on going shopping when he lost 50lbs and get some new outfits, and he's afraid we'll do that and then he'll gain the weight back.

When he gets home from his bike ride I'll apologize (he talked to me pre-coffee), but I'm frustrated. I can't do this for him (which is my impulse when I'm annoyed at how someone around me is doing something), and I've never had the same kind of struggle he's going through before (so I feel like I'm being less sympathetic than I should be). I know that it's hard, and I know that he'll feel better about himself once he loses this weight.

I'm frustrated because I never cared that he was fat; I really didn't, but I was so proud of him for losing the weight because it's something he wanted to do and it's difficult and it was making him happy. Now that he's kind of bailing on it, I realized I DO care that he keeps going with it now, because he wants it and he feels better about himself this way, and he's said he'd be disappointed in himself if he bailed on it. And he feels better physically, too; his back pain and knee pain were lessening (they came back this week too; which I told him wasn't a good sign).

I feel like such a B.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
My boyfriend's trying to lose 100lbs. Last week he'd lost a total of 47, and this week he was back up by 9lbs. He came to me all upset and wanting sympathy this morning, but I was basically like, "Well, what did you think was going to happen when you half-assed your diet (having a drink every night doesn't fit into your 10g/carbs/day plan, dude; neither does breaded chicken) and only got 20 minutes of cardio a day (and that's riding his bike two miles or so; come on)?"

I feel bad, but he's been yo-yoing on the same ten pounds for about three months now, and he even admitted that he's kind of afraid to go past the halfway point because (and this is my fault, but I had no way of predicting he'd be a weirdo about it) we'd planned on going shopping when he lost 50lbs and get some new outfits, and he's afraid we'll do that and then he'll gain the weight back.

When he gets home from his bike ride I'll apologize (he talked to me pre-coffee), but I'm frustrated. I can't do this for him (which is my impulse when I'm annoyed at how someone around me is doing something), and I've never had the same kind of struggle he's going through before (so I feel like I'm being less sympathetic than I should be). I know that it's hard, and I know that he'll feel better about himself once he loses this weight.

I'm frustrated because I never cared that he was fat; I really didn't, but I was so proud of him for losing the weight because it's something he wanted to do and it's difficult and it was making him happy. Now that he's kind of bailing on it, I realized I DO care that he keeps going with it now, because he wants it and he feels better about himself this way, and he's said he'd be disappointed in himself if he bailed on it. And he feels better physically, too; his back pain and knee pain were lessening (they came back this week too; which I told him wasn't a good sign).

I feel like such a B.
Don't feel bad at all! I'm the same way. I won't care until THEY care, and then when they fall off the wagon I feel I need to get them back on it!

Does he chart what he eats? At least for me, it makes things easier to see when they're exactly in front of me in a list. That way he can put everything he eats/drinks into a list daily, and he can see how and why his calories/carbs/etc are going over his daily allowance.

My vent: I haven't had an appetite lately. Food will sound good, but I'll only take a few bites and I'll be full. I have no idea why and it's beginning to make me nervous.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 10-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
Don't feel bad at all! I'm the same way. I won't care until THEY care, and then when they fall off the wagon I feel I need to get them back on it!

Does he chart what he eats? At least for me, it makes things easier to see when they're exactly in front of me in a list. That way he can put everything he eats/drinks into a list daily, and he can see how and why his calories/carbs/etc are going over his daily allowance.

My vent: I haven't had an appetite lately. Food will sound good, but I'll only take a few bites and I'll be full. I have no idea why and it's beginning to make me nervous.
Thanks; I'm totally a cheerleader when things are going well, too, so it's not like I'm just negative.

He does, but when he goes over he just goes 'eh I'll exercise extra' but that doesn't work if it's every single day and he's not exercising enough.

I'm sorry about your appetite! I have that same problem sometimes and it's no fun.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Slave to the Aussie

I was bitten by a spider and now I have a fat sausage finger.
I wanted to go out and take photos of the dogs today!
Old 10-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Got a note on Friday from landlord, saying that they'll be doing interior house inspections, and will be here today from 1-4. Took time off work, to make sure somebody was home (if somebody wasn't, they would have let themselves in -- not happening) and they DIDN'T SHOW UP.

Tried to call them to ask wtf is going on, got no answer.

They aren't being allowed in tomorrow. They can leave another 24 hour notice tomorrow, and come back Wednesday or Thursday, when somebody will already be home.

ARGH. What a waste of a day

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-07-2013, 07:08 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

STRESS.

I worked eleven hours today. ELEVEN. And I still left crap undone when I left this evening.

STRESS.

That, and I'm kind of pissed off that Michael and I still aren't really having conversations. But I don't really know how to address that. And I know I shouldn't be mad at him about that, so I'm mad at myself, and that makes me feel worse.

I just want a drink. But I have to work nine hours tomorrow, which will probably turn into ten hours. So no drink for me, because I have to be in at work early. RAWR.