Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-06-2013, 11:30 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Yesterday I saw a cat under my bird feeder. I ran toward the cat making growl sounds and telling it I would eat it with liver and onions if it touched my cardnials when my feet went up, and I came down on my back with a loud crack. I forgot about all that rain that makes the back of the building a total mud slick. It was a real banana peel fall so today I am acutely aware of my mistake. Stupid stupid loose cats. Everything hurts.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat
Old 10-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Sport Model Pug

It's fall, which means it's getting chilly. Brr.

I'm not ready to be cold yet

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 10-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Guh. Josh's day off and he's spending it with a friend. It was supposed to be while I was at work.. now it's four hours I've been out of work and he just called saying it will be another few hours before he's home. AWESOME. I mean, I can use the time to study, but we've seen nothing of each other the past few weeks.

And, now I'm going to be sad all day because of something posted in Seal's thread. And I don't want to study. Apparently I'm just whiny right now.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Top Dog

I hate grading papers when the kids either a) have no clue what was going on or b) clearly copied/cheated.

It just makes me feel like such a lousy teacher to grade 100+ problem sets for kids who cannot demonstrate that they learned anything in the past week. I know half of it is they are immature 13 year olds who didn't really try...but still

Every week I put off grading until Sunday evening, because I know it's just going to upset me.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 10-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Please just call me back and let me know if class is full or not.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 10-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Bored Now.

I am sick as a dog. Chris is here and brought an airport cold with him. So many things we were hoping to do while he was here, and going to a movie and on a short drive was all I managed before I had to go back to bed. My whole body is sore and inflamed and I'm hacking up snot. Can't even walk much without being dizzy.. So much for hiking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
Yesterday I saw a cat under my bird feeder. I ran toward the cat making growl sounds and telling it I would eat it with liver and onions if it touched my cardnials when my feet went up, and I came down on my back with a loud crack. I forgot about all that rain that makes the back of the building a total mud slick. It was a real banana peel fall so today I am acutely aware of my mistake. Stupid stupid loose cats. Everything hurts.
((((((HUGS)))))))

That's awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
It's fall, which means it's getting chilly. Brr.

I'm not ready to be cold yet
I am SO ready for the cold.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I am SO ready for the cold.
Well... Let me rephrase that.

I'm not ready to be cold yet while I don't have someone here to keep me warm.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 10-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Top Dog

The bf just witnessed a bad car accident. An older diabetic man fell unconscious and hit a parked car. Bf pulled him bleeding out of the car and got him awake and put pressure on the bleeding.

A bunch of people were just looking our their windows, not helping or anything. Paramedics finally arrived...bf got home all bloody, with gloves on, started throwing up and crying. He's mostly upset people just watched and didn't help, and he's worried about the old man...said he looked like his dad.

Does anyone know if there's a way I can find out if the man is ok? Can I call the hospital or the non emergency police number or something?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-06-2013, 09:46 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Had another bad moment tonight....I just wanted to hold something and be held. So I had to settle for cuddling with a mouthy puppy. But even that felt better than just sitting on the couch alone, which made me cry. *sigh*

Old 10-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
The bf just witnessed a bad car accident. An older diabetic man fell unconscious and hit a parked car. Bf pulled him bleeding out of the car and got him awake and put pressure on the bleeding.

A bunch of people were just looking our their windows, not helping or anything. Paramedics finally arrived...bf got home all bloody, with gloves on, started throwing up and crying. He's mostly upset people just watched and didn't help, and he's worried about the old man...said he looked like his dad.

Does anyone know if there's a way I can find out if the man is ok? Can I call the hospital or the non emergency police number or something?
I would call and say you helped out at the scene, and maybe ask if you can send a card or flowers/gift basket or something if he is okay but is still there.