Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #9011  
Old 10-02-2013, 05:56 PM
meepitsmeagan's Avatar
meepitsmeagan meepitsmeagan is offline
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southwest Michigan
Posts: 2,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Going to go visit my friend. Pretty sure I will bawl the entire time.
You guys have been in my thoughts the past few days.
__________________


Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #9012  
Old 10-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Kootenay's Avatar
Kootenay Kootenay is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,147
Default

I've had a stupid couple of days

Yesterday we had to unload/stack over 14 tons of hay, which just sucks anyway, but then near the end I was loading a truck, and my SO was throwing bales down from the stack, and I went to move a bale right under where he was tossing the next one, so I got a 70 lb bale of hay to the back of the head (I was bending over). Wrenched my neck/back real good and had a brutal headache as well.

And today Yarrow randomly decided he wanted to eat the dog that previously was his best friend ever (well, not quite eat, but he was definitely aggressive and it was really shocking). Super upsetting and confusing and just all around stupid.

Onyx managed to bite my thumb really hard instead of the frisbee, and knock me super hard in the nose today.

We have a bunch of visitors coming soon, so I want to be cleaning the house, but my back and neck are so spazzy that I know I should just be icing and laying around but I don't WANT TO!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9013  
Old 10-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Laurelin's Avatar
Laurelin Laurelin is offline
I'm All Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 29,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
You guys have been in my thoughts the past few days.
Thanks. They've been on everyone's mind these past few days. I saw so many teary eyes at work.

The visit went well, but I just felt totally useless. I have never dealt with parents who lost a child before.
__________________
Mia CGC
Summer TG2 TBAD
Reply With Quote
  #9014  
Old 10-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Babyblue5290's Avatar
Babyblue5290 Babyblue5290 is offline
Happy Meal. Yum.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,965
Default

My right side of my stomach has been hurting really bad on and off for the past week. It wasn't so bad at first, top area below my ribcage and was a dull pain. So I pretty much just ignored it (yeah of course that's a good idea). It's just been getting worse though

Today it was pretty bad, started getting sharper, but then we went running at the gym on the treadmill and when we stopped it was pretty bad. Instaed of being dull it was a very sharp stabbing pain. So I got to walk home looking like crap as I didn't want to change, I just wanted to get home. Finally got home and, the pain has gotten better, but it keeps stabbing every once in a while.

I'm afraid I have to go to the doctors
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9015  
Old 10-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is offline
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Thanks. They've been on everyone's mind these past few days. I saw so many teary eyes at work.

The visit went well, but I just felt totally useless. I have never dealt with parents who lost a child before.
I have... and if I had advice for you I would give it. But I really don't. There's just... nothing you can do really. The only advice I have is to always have an open heart and be willing to listen and it feels completely useless. Offer help. Don't just ask if there's anything you can do, but offer specific things. And do things without even asking... bring them something for dinner. Everybody bought our co-worker beer, haha.
You will probably hear things you wish you never heard. My co-worker's wife told me about Tucker's last day. Things I wish I never heard. Images I will never be able to get out of my head. But I listened because I knew she needed to say them.

It's tough and you do feel useless, because there's just nothing you can really do to ease that pain. But just make a point to be there for them, not just the vague "if you need anything, let me know..." Ask how she is and don't stop asking. Hug her (if she's a hugger.)
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #9016  
Old 10-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Southpaw's Avatar
Southpaw Southpaw is offline
orange iguanas.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,953
Default

I was discussing future puppy with my coworkers, and one of them started talking about how training a pup in the winter won't be very fun - I corrected her and said it'd be more like the tail end of winter since the breeder keeps them for closer to 12 weeks. All of them gave me this shifty look and kind of grimaced and then started going on about how that's too long to stay with a breeder, socialization will be ruined at that point etc.

I went on to say that this is a reputable breeder who is more than capable of socializing her puppies. What sort of blanket statement is that - if your puppy stays with a breeder for more than 8 weeks, OMG NO SOCIALIZATION? Obviously BAD breeders don't socialize, but that's not what we're talking about! Like staying with the breeder HAS to mean they don't ever set foot outside a kennel or something.

It jut miffed me. Gosh I wish I had it in me to make faces at them when they tell me what they do with their pets. I am more informed than you think, thank ya very much!
__________________
And if all of it is for naught, well at least I took a shot

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Reply With Quote
  #9017  
Old 10-02-2013, 10:40 PM
crazedACD crazedACD is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 2,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I was discussing future puppy with my coworkers, and one of them started talking about how training a pup in the winter won't be very fun - I corrected her and said it'd be more like the tail end of winter since the breeder keeps them for closer to 12 weeks. All of them gave me this shifty look and kind of grimaced and then started going on about how that's too long to stay with a breeder, socialization will be ruined at that point etc.

I went on to say that this is a reputable breeder who is more than capable of socializing her puppies. What sort of blanket statement is that - if your puppy stays with a breeder for more than 8 weeks, OMG NO SOCIALIZATION? Obviously BAD breeders don't socialize, but that's not what we're talking about! Like staying with the breeder HAS to mean they don't ever set foot outside a kennel or something.

It jut miffed me. Gosh I wish I had it in me to make faces at them when they tell me what they do with their pets. I am more informed than you think, thank ya very much!
I..prefer 10-12 weeks. IMO especially if there are other puppies there, I think it helps with dog-dog social skills, bite inhibition, etc. Especially if the breeder is working on a little crating and getting used to being on a leash, it just makes it easier for you.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9018  
Old 10-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

Quote:
I went on to say that this is a reputable breeder who is more than capable of socializing her puppies. What sort of blanket statement is that - if your puppy stays with a breeder for more than 8 weeks, OMG NO SOCIALIZATION?
Logan was with his breeder for 54 weeks. He should have been REALLY screwed
Reply With Quote
  #9019  
Old 10-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Southpaw's Avatar
Southpaw Southpaw is offline
orange iguanas.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
I..prefer 10-12 weeks. IMO especially if there are other puppies there, I think it helps with dog-dog social skills, bite inhibition, etc. Especially if the breeder is working on a little crating and getting used to being on a leash, it just makes it easier for you.
That was my take too! If a breeder is actually putting time into the litter, I just don't see the negative side of it lol. They can take them to the vet and for car rides and have them meet people etc. just like I would. It's not like they're from some foreign planet where it's impossible lol. My other argument was, well, I got Juno at 8 weeks... and she's screwed up, so probably it's for the better to have the breeder handle most of the socialization.

But definitely, I would rather get a puppy "later" than too early.

Quote:
Logan was with his breeder for 54 weeks. He should have been REALLY screwed
You mean he's NOT screwed up? Blasphemy!
__________________
And if all of it is for naught, well at least I took a shot

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Reply With Quote
  #9020  
Old 10-03-2013, 08:11 AM
-bogart- -bogart- is offline
Member of WHODAT Nation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 3,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
My right side of my stomach has been hurting really bad on and off for the past week. It wasn't so bad at first, top area below my ribcage and was a dull pain. So I pretty much just ignored it (yeah of course that's a good idea). It's just been getting worse though

Today it was pretty bad, started getting sharper, but then we went running at the gym on the treadmill and when we stopped it was pretty bad. Instaed of being dull it was a very sharp stabbing pain. So I got to walk home looking like crap as I didn't want to change, I just wanted to get home. Finally got home and, the pain has gotten better, but it keeps stabbing every once in a while.

I'm afraid I have to go to the doctors

HUGS , have them check ya gall bladder. sounds like a gall stone . I hope you feel better.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site