Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

position for veterinary receptionist on craigslist.
my heart is torn. Part of me wants to do this. Part of me wants to stay in design.

all of me doesn't want to be broke anymore.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
my heart is torn. Part of me wants to do this. Part of me wants to stay in design.

Applying can't hurt. You can always turn it down Also, many times the employee discount you usually get is a nice bonus. But that may only be because I have a herd of dogs, lol.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

At least apply. If nothing else, you can take it while you look for something else. But a fair warning, they probably don't pay much. At all. I was a vet assistant for 7 years and I only made $9/hr when I quit several weeks ago.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm All Ears

My friend's son passed away tonight. Very sad but very glad to have spent time with him and glad he is no longer in pain and suffering.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:39 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
Applying can't hurt. You can always turn it down Also, many times the employee discount you usually get is a nice bonus. But that may only be because I have a herd of dogs, lol.
This! My pet care discount is really nice. It's pretty much the reason why I was able to adopt Happy. I do more for all of them, medically, because it's affordable. I've really saved a TON of money in the past 9 months, and it's not even like I have animals that need to go to the vet all the time.

I say apply and go from there. That's kind of my method when it comes to jobs - apply first, think later. lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
This! My pet care discount is really nice. It's pretty much the reason why I was able to adopt Happy. I do more for all of them, medically, because it's affordable. I've really saved a TON of money in the past 9 months, and it's not even like I have animals that need to go to the vet all the time.

I say apply and go from there. That's kind of my method when it comes to jobs - apply first, think later. lol.
Yeah, I'll apply... I always apply. As it happens I know the practice manager (know of her, not personally know her) so I'll probably get an interview. I can legit see this turning into a job offer based on who I know.

But the reality is that I don't want to leave design. I just might have to because I need to eat and pay my mortgage and all that.

ETA: My resume reads like a joke when I apply for these things. Sent marketing e-mails generating over $$$ in sales. Assisted with complete redesign and launch of new website. Shot, edited, and recorded voice over for instructional video. Skills: HTML, PHP, CSS, jQuery, Liquid, Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite. At least I removed all the radio-specific programs.
sigh.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-02-2013, 06:18 AM
I'm All Ears

Could not sleep well and when I did, I dreamed about Austin passing away.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
It's almost not worth it to even fix the transmission. My car only has about 90,000 miles on it and I did some reading last night and found out that early transmission failures are pretty common in ford escapes...
For what it's worth, our 2004 Escape has 150,000 on it, with no transmission problems. I just talked to my husband about this- he said he's never heard of Escapes having transmission issues. Good suggestion about the computer. Years ago, our Mercury wagon wouldn't start, despite nothing showing up on my husband's tester. He replaced a bunch of stuff anyway, then decided to take it to a local shop. Turns out it was the mother board for the computer, which doesn't show up on the tester as being bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
My friend's son passed away tonight. Very sad but very glad to have spent time with him and glad he is no longer in pain and suffering.
I'm sorry Laurelin. My heart goes out to his family.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:26 AM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:

ETA: My resume reads like a joke when I apply for these things. Sent marketing e-mails generating over $$$ in sales. Assisted with complete redesign and launch of new website. Shot, edited, and recorded voice over for instructional video. Skills: HTML, PHP, CSS, jQuery, Liquid, Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite. At least I removed all the radio-specific programs.
sigh.
It's not a bad idea to write a job specific resume - I had something like 4 different versions during my big job hunt.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:26 AM
Original Twin

My morning opening girl is a no call/no show. Thankfully we only had one boarding dog and daycare has been relatively slow, but UGH. I have a bunch of computer stuff that I should be doing, but instead I will be in back getting covered in dog drool. Not to mention a deshed on a Golden.