Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-01-2013, 12:10 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
SOLD! Ordered it off Amazon for $90. I hope to post a similar raving review in a month or so!

Thanks...I'm so darn sick of acne. I was actually hoping this pregnancy would clear it up (I read a long time ago it often does), but I'm pretty certain it's just gotten worse and worse
This conversation inspired me to yank out my little imitation clarisonic. My acne has been so bad since I moved here it's scary - I look like a 14 year old boy. I have whiteheads on my chin and forehead that get irritated and then flare up into GIANT zits that plague me for a week.

The proactiv has helped quite a bit, but has done nothing for those tiny clogged pores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
My friend's little boy is going into hospice care. He declined very rapidly and can no longer speak, swallow, move, or anything.... I just.... am sad. I don't even know what to say. I'm just broken-hearted. Cancer sucks so bad.
(((((HUGS)))))

I know it's beyond tough for all of you to watch, but I'm in admiration of how brave he is. It's awful, but the alternative will be worse for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviche View Post
My current vent: I slipped in the shower and messed up my bad knee last week. It still hurts because I haven't had a day off to properly rest it. As a matter of fact, I haven't had a day off since September 1st. Epsom salts and Vicodin help temporarily but it doesn't help it heal.

I am not making enough money for this.
So quit.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Duuuuude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
So quit.
That's the plan! Unfortunately I have nothing in savings so I can't do it without something lined up first, but I'm looking. My goal is to get a nice little receptionist job somewhere making enough money to actually live off of. What a concept, right?!

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 10-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Sport Model Pug

There's not a female doctor within an hour radius of me accepting new patients. I need a doctor, the walk-in clinic won't prescribe BC to me anymore and i have some other things i should discuss with a doctor too.

Ughh... I really don't want a male doctor.

Guess I'll be calling our equivalent to planned parenthood tomorrow to see if i can get a prescription at least.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 10-01-2013, 12:31 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
My friend's little boy is going into hospice care. He declined very rapidly and can no longer speak, swallow, move, or anything.... I just.... am sad. I don't even know what to say. I'm just broken-hearted. Cancer sucks so bad.
I can't even elaborate besides that's heartbreaking.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-01-2013, 12:35 AM
Top Dog

The ****ing healthcare.gov website won't show me any security questions when I try to register, so it doesn't let me register at all. GRRRRRR.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
The ****ing healthcare.gov website won't show me any security questions when I try to register, so it doesn't let me register at all. GRRRRRR.
I wonder if that's do to the partial shut down? They said some government websites won't be working.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
geeze this is so heart breaking.

My vent for the morning... It's looking like it's more than likely going to need to be my transmission that needs replacing....

That's our entire savings right now if we were to get it fixed and we are supposed to be saving up to move out and we have already stayed in this living situation longer than we were supposed to and I'm sure they are ready for us to move. We were finally getting close to saving up what we need to move and now this?

It's almost not worth it to even fix the transmission. My car only has about 90,000 miles on it and I did some reading last night and found out that early transmission failures are pretty common in ford escapes... crappppp. I can't handle this. If we replace it they are just going to put the same type of transmission in right? So... that one will probably fail early on as well right? We are better off just getting a replacement vehicle, but if we try to trade it in with a failed transmission then more than likely we wont get much for it and will owe the remainder PLUS a new loan which will end up being way more a month than we can afford. The other option is getting a used car from a private owner off craigslist or something and that option makes me sick to my stomach since I don't know the first thing about cars to even know how to begin looking at older used vehicles from private owners.

Today is mine and Josh's 3 year anniversary. It's supposed to be a fun day and we are supposed to celebrate... how can we? How can we celebrate and do something fun when all of this is happening? I'm TIRED of being in debt. I'm TIRED of not having a home of our own. I'm TIRED of everything bad that can happen ALWAYS happening to me. I can't EVER seem to get past it and live a comfortable life. I hate feeling so stuck all the time and I'm so depressed right now over all this. I also hate seeing my husband completely depressed over all this too. Last night he was a mess.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 10-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Glutton for Crazy

My dog is sick and I have to leave her in a tiny box while I go to work without her.

I have no rain gear besides a jacket and its going to pour all day while I walk work dogs.

I just want to go back home and watch her. :/
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Top Dog

They're not updating the tracking for my new camera lens. HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN TO START WORRYING THAT SOMEONE WILL STEAL IT.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
It's almost not worth it to even fix the transmission. My car only has about 90,000 miles on it and I did some reading last night and found out that early transmission failures are pretty common in ford escapes... crappppp. I can't handle this. If we replace it they are just going to put the same type of transmission in right? So... that one will probably fail early on as well right? We are better off just getting a replacement vehicle, but if we try to trade it in with a failed transmission then more than likely we wont get much for it and will owe the remainder PLUS a new loan which will end up being way more a month than we can afford. The other option is getting a used car from a private owner off craigslist or something and that option makes me sick to my stomach since I don't know the first thing about cars to even know how to begin looking at older used vehicles from private owners.
How much is a new transmission? If you expect the same kind of life out of it as this one you're looking at a vehicle with 180k miles on it when the next transmission dies. I was planning on selling my Impala once it rolled towards 120k, I didn't want it much longer than that. So you basically have to figure out how much the new transmission is, how long you plan to keep the vehicle after this, and divide that out... versus buying a new (to you) car.

I'm going to guess putting a new transmission in and keeping it for a couple more years is going to be a better move than buying a new car right now. Especially since you guys are tight on the budget already.

On a similar note, I went out and started my car this morning, made a face, went back inside and asked my dad to come out and listen to it. Either the belt is slipping around or the alternator is going. I would say odds are on the belt since we just replaced it what with the power steering pump going boom last Monday... but it would be just my luck that it's the alternator.
I'm supposed to take it to Indy Thursday night. I just don't know what to do. My dad put my new ignition switch in when he replaced the power steering pump and I can tell it definitely feels different when I turn the key. But twice I turned the key and it didn't start on the first turn. It DID start on the second turn which is quite a bit different than "it's not starting so I need to sit here turning the key for five minutes waiting for it to start." So I don't know if I should be worried about it yet. But it still makes me kind of nervous. I know ANY vehicle can have things go wrong. There's only 94k on the Impala. It doesn't seem like it should be at the point where things are starting to go wrong one after another. But regardless of the mileage it's still a 2000, so maybe it is?
I just can't decide if I should try finding the next car I want and try to trade in the Impala or if I'm just being paranoid and the Impala is fine. I don't really have the money to throw down on the car I want either. Even if I did sell or trade in the Impala (which makes my heart hurt, because I really love Hopscotch and want to keep her.) If I HAD the money I probably would go trade her in right now, especially because the next car will be suitable for hauling all four dogs around... but I just don't have the money. And I'm back in "can't even get an interview" land so it doesn't look like that's going to change, on top of the fact that there's a very real possibility I might end up laid off because the company can't afford to pay me anymore...

ugh ugh ugh.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog