Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-14-2013, 07:55 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Saw Mike's grandma today....she is not doing well. She's lost a ton of weight, isn't eating per the nurses, has no energy, and is currently bed bound on IV fluids. No I feel like absolute crap that I haven't taken the time to see her these past few weeks. She was up and standing just last month - today she could barely lift her head.

I really hope she can hang on until Mike can come back. I gave the nursing staff my cell if they need to contact me as I wasn't sure if Mike had given it to them before he left, so hopefully if she makes a turn for the worse they will let me know...but dang. Did not like seeing her so wasted away.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
My little pony is HUGELY popular... So why is it NO ONE makes a MLP cake? Hannah's birthday is coming up and she wants a MLP theme... She is perfectly happy to have a pony theme with a princess cake but DANGIT... I want yo get her the my little pony cake lol.

So, I am considering making one... YIKES!
Easy enough to make. Wilton has/had a carousal horse pan. All you have to do is decorate it like one of the ponies and ice the pole the same as the background.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Top Dog

I hate the act of preparing food. It's a royal pain in my ass. I have a million things I'd rather do. My husband acts like all the food decisions have to pass through me. FEED YOUR ****ING SELF. Get up, make a sandwich. There's no need to consult me. Really. I do it all the time.

I don't care about food. I'm fine with sandwiches or ramen or whatever 3 times a day. I don't have to have three course meals or the need to plan out weekly meals.

He is completely baffled that I hate grocery shopping, hate making food, and hate cleaning up after meals. OH I'M A WOMAN SO I'M SUPPOSED TO ENJOY THESE THINGS!??!!!

**** it.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Sport Model Pug

Car is making bad sounds.

I'm scared... I need it to not be broken. Ugh.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 09-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
My little pony is HUGELY popular... So why is it NO ONE makes a MLP cake? Hannah's birthday is coming up and she wants a MLP theme... She is perfectly happy to have a pony theme with a princess cake but DANGIT... I want yo get her the my little pony cake lol.

So, I am considering making one... YIKES!
Just make a regular cake (round or sheet), frost it in festive colors and let her pick her favorite toy ponies to put on top. My sister and I used to do this all the time for birthdays.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 09-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Top Dog

Make a regular cake, green grass icing, and stick a pony or two on top?

I got lucky this year...Cian wants a minecraft cake and all he wants is a grass block. Square chocolate cake with green icing...awesome
Old 09-14-2013, 09:48 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I figured I would make a rainbow out of the little gel icing things an use mini marshmallows for clouds lol. The trick is finding ponies that are all
Plastic... Icing in their pony hair would be a mess lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
I figured I would make a rainbow out of the little gel icing things an use mini marshmallows for clouds lol. The trick is finding ponies that are all
Plastic... Icing in their pony hair would be a mess lol
You might want to try looking at the "blind bags." In stores like Wal-Mart and Target they have these cardboard boxes and inside are little bags, they're like $3 a piece or something. Inside is an all-plastic pony. The blind bag part though means you have no idea what pony you're getting (though supposedly there are numbers printed on the bags that you can read to know which pony is inside.)

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-14-2013, 10:06 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
You might want to try looking at the "blind bags." In stores like Wal-Mart and Target they have these cardboard boxes and inside are little bags, they're like $3 a piece or something. Inside is an all-plastic pony. The blind bag part though means you have no idea what pony you're getting (though supposedly there are numbers printed on the bags that you can read to know which pony is inside.)
We actually do have one pony from those (rarity... She is very sparkly lol) but it is hard to find the pony ones here these days but my mother in law just messaged me and said she saw a multi pack of the all plastic figurines so she is going to grab them for the cake

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-15-2013, 12:14 AM
I'm All Ears

I am pretty sure I said goodbye to my grandma for the last time today. It makes me very sad.

I knew she was not doing well but was shocked at how much she'd declined recently. She didn't speak or even seem to know what is going on. Until we told her it was time for us to go home and she said (first words the whole time) 'Do you have to?' Then she asked for a hug goodbye.

Breaks my heart.