Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
STRESS. Just got an update from Mike today, and he's still short a minute on his run time to pass his physical.

I swear to God, if he is stuck up there for another two months because of one freaking MINUTE I am going to kill someone.

He needs to graduate. Needs to. Not graduating isn't an option, because then I don't know what I'll do.
Can you afford to (able to) send him one of these?
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Forerun...+forerunner+10

It has a pace coach. He can practice at (or below) the right pace and it will tell him when he's not running fast enough so he knows to step it up. Generally speaking, run more = run faster, but the pace coach can help too to learn how to push harder.

Sprints, fartleks all over the place, hills if he can... a minute is NOT a lot and he can beat it, he just has to train harder. Honestly adrenaline on the day of might be enough to get him through, but I wouldn't leave it to that.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-11-2013, 04:43 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Can you afford to (able to) send him one of these?
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Forerun...+forerunner+10

It has a pace coach. He can practice at (or below) the right pace and it will tell him when he's not running fast enough so he knows to step it up. Generally speaking, run more = run faster, but the pace coach can help too to learn how to push harder.

Sprints, fartleks all over the place, hills if he can... a minute is NOT a lot and he can beat it, he just has to train harder. Honestly adrenaline on the day of might be enough to get him through, but I wouldn't leave it to that.
No, he's on base right now. Can't contact him or send him anything outside of letters. And I don't know how much free time he has to train on his own...everything is scheduled.

Bah, I'm worried about him....he said he's stressed, he sounded stressed, and he doesn't cope with stress well (gets borderline depressive). On top of that he's not getting the sleep he should (said he only got an hour and a half last night) due to the amount of written work he has to do, and he's dyslexic - takes him awhile to get through written work.

I think that's what's worse: he's stressed, has a cold, isn't getting enough sleep, and I can't help him. Me no likey. Rawr.

Having our immediate future also dictated by whether or not he can make his run time is also not a nice feeling. If he doesn't graduate on time his A-school will be severely pushed back, which will not only mess up wedding plans, it may end up meaning an additional six months of him being gone.

As I said. Stress. *sigh*

Old 09-11-2013, 06:51 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I eat Chobani pretty religiously. I love their Key Lime Pie Flip yogurt. Well I'm now sick, and they just had the mold issue where they recalled a bunch of yogurt. Related? What do I do? Wait it out? I feel like ****.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
No, he's on base right now. Can't contact him or send him anything outside of letters. And I don't know how much free time he has to train on his own...everything is scheduled.
I couldn't remember if you were allowed to send care packages. That sucks. =< I mean, at least you can send letters but... that just sucks.

(((((HUGS))))) I'm sorry. I can't imagine how rough this is. And the limited contact thing is probably just making it much worse for you both. Ugh.

The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Was in a hurry tonight after training dogs. My parents were picking up a pizza. I tried to decide if I could eat the pizza, how much could I eat if I was going to risk it, and how much did I THINK I could eat before getting sick.

I elected to eat two pieces.

My stomach hurts. Really bad.

Not even worth it. Ugh.

The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Silence, peasants.

I had 0 pairs of pants that were not sweats, so went jeans shopping a bit ago. They are now falling off. Darn it. I was so excited to find them too, it was magic. And now they don't fit without a belt. Boo

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 09-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Love My Mutt <3

The past-president of my workplace told my friend/coworker and I today that we are causing everybody to quit coming to my work.

Why? Because we asked what he was doing (illegally) behind the bar. He was quite drunk, to make it that much better.

Then, when he come out from behind the bar... we mentioned that he should have shoes on, rather than walking around barefoot. Because I work in a private club, with a dress code, that includes shoes being worn at all time (hello health standard violation...)

Reason #215648631 I wish I could get another job.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-12-2013, 01:27 AM
Twin 2.0

I can't fall asleep without sawyer laying on my feet...

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 09-12-2013, 04:01 AM
Top Dog

I have times where I am in complete agony....and have no idea why. It isn't ovarian cyst pain. Close, but way more widespread and overwhelming to deal with. No insurance, a job that I have been at for 3 weeks and I am not on tables yet. I have $3 and maybe 4 packages of ramen to my name. And any hospital ER around here will probably kill me.

Because I a) don't have enough health issues. And b) enough going on. Obviously.

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky

Old 09-12-2013, 10:15 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I am here at the property while OH is in Dallas for three months (which is a *boo* in itself ) & I am doing cardio, strength training, & running a mile every. single. day. along with AB work outs & I STILL put on a few pounds ... boo ... I hate it, I know other people prolly don't notice, & my regular pants aren't fitting any different, but I notice & I hate it!!!!! >_<. Its not like I am eating bad or anything, I don't eat junky food, all the food we serve here is home cooked & good for you & we don't eat before 7 pm here.

I hate getting old ... I don't burn calories like I used to, plus I am not riding horses here ... which of course if you ride horses you will know that nothing burns calories like that