Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
My sister is the same way, very selfish and always out for only herself. She acts like she's 20...she's 43, owns nothing, and acts like my brother and had our stuff handed to us, like we don't have to work for everything we have. It's very frustrating and difficult to deal with.
That's no fun. Mine is 17 so I know a lot of it is probably just teenage stuff (I didn't really go through typical teenage behavior, so I can't really relate), but she's just worsening the split in our family. Telling my mom that she's never been a good mother because she is always sick and that she no longer wants to see her. Mom has an autoimmune disease. Srsly?! So because she ends up in the hospital and can't take you to your friends, you are going to throw a fit?

Sure, there were some things that I was promised and we ended up not going because of her illness and I was disappointed... but calling her a terrible mother? Ridiculous. It doesn't help that she is getting everything and anything she wants with no boundaries from my dad. Oh, the double standard just kills me.

I want to help her, but I honestly don't know how.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 09-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
One of my coworkers comes in today all excited and showing off pics of his new boxer pup. Who is from a pet store in Longmont, but "she's from a breeder and has papers from Oklahoma!"

Helloooooooo puppymill dog!
Always an awkward moment. "Oh you're a dog person! Look at my new dog! Isn't it cute?! It's SIX WEEKS OLD!" Yaaaaaaay...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-11-2013, 11:56 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Always an awkward moment. "Oh you're a dog person! Look at my new dog! Isn't it cute?! It's SIX WEEKS OLD!" Yaaaaaaay...
I find it amazing that people are still so clueless about pet stores & puppy mills in this day & age
Old 09-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Twin 2.0

Especially when he cares about his hunting dog's lines as much as he does.

Also. It's my day off. It says so on my voicemail and on all the messages I've left this week. It's pouring rain, I'm moving to our new apartment in it and two customers just called and said they're on their way and I have to be there to deliver their cars or I lose part of the deal.

I really hate people today.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
That's no fun. Mine is 17 so I know a lot of it is probably just teenage stuff (I didn't really go through typical teenage behavior, so I can't really relate), but she's just worsening the split in our family. Telling my mom that she's never been a good mother because she is always sick and that she no longer wants to see her. Mom has an autoimmune disease. Srsly?! So because she ends up in the hospital and can't take you to your friends, you are going to throw a fit?

Sure, there were some things that I was promised and we ended up not going because of her illness and I was disappointed... but calling her a terrible mother? Ridiculous. It doesn't help that she is getting everything and anything she wants with no boundaries from my dad. Oh, the double standard just kills me.

I want to help her, but I honestly don't know how.
Your sister will one day look back and realize what she is being like and with luck apologize. My sister has "middle child syndrome" she got the shaft one EVERYTHING in her own mind, our father once said "her memories of how things were are not quite the same as everyone elses are they?".

I don't think one can help her, at that age you know everything, and can do anything and no ne is going to help you realize your still a child. Its sad for you that you don't have her there to go through this with you though .
Old 09-11-2013, 04:24 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

There is a distinct lack of FUN stickers these days. Hannah loves stickers and each day after she finishes her lessons she gets to add a sticker to her sticker book but just plain old character stickers seem so boring to me.

when I was a kid we had googly eyed stickers, fuzzy stickers, scratch and sniff, etc. Now the only thing I can find like these are "vintage" and I'm not paying $14 a sheet for stickers just because they are old lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-11-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm All Ears

My grandma is in the hospital since last thursday and is very very anemic and weak. She's been doing very poorly since my mom passed away. I just have a really bad feeling about it all. I am seeing if I can't go down to visit this weekend.

Also my sister's boyfriend's mom passed away. Same kind of brain tumor my mom passed from. Her funeral is Saturday. Hes practically my BIL, they've been dating for years. It's very sad- his mom has been fighting for years and unlike my mom his knew and understood how her health was failing. They've been saying a week or two left since February. I hope she's finally at peace.

I also feel really selfish because one of my first thoughts was that this weekend I finally had a lot of fun things planned- trick dog demo, a&m vs Alabama game, sister in town and we planned sushi/girls night, and then private lessons on Sunday. I know all of that is minor stuff comparatively but I had been really excited for this weekend. Now I'm just drained and sad.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:43 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
There is a distinct lack of FUN stickers these days. Hannah loves stickers and each day after she finishes her lessons she gets to add a sticker to her sticker book but just plain old character stickers seem so boring to me.

when I was a kid we had googly eyed stickers, fuzzy stickers, scratch and sniff, etc. Now the only thing I can find like these are "vintage" and I'm not paying $14 a sheet for stickers just because they are old lol
Go to a scrapbooking store! You will find more stickers than you ever dreamed possible.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:49 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Go to a scrapbooking store! You will find more stickers than you ever dreamed possible.
I'm so doing that. I want fun stickers lol... I mean... Hannah wants fun stickers

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-11-2013, 05:22 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

STRESS. Just got an update from Mike today, and he's still short a minute on his run time to pass his physical.

I swear to God, if he is stuck up there for another two months because of one freaking MINUTE I am going to kill someone.

He needs to graduate. Needs to. Not graduating isn't an option, because then I don't know what I'll do.