Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-09-2013, 02:41 PM
orange iguanas.

I got a little excited when tweezing my eyebrows and now there's a spot where too much is missing. I hate when that happens lol. I don't know that it's even apparent to anyone else but I sure as heck notice it.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 09-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Top Dog

I THOUGHT Logan's skin was improving, since his dandruff is getting better. NOPE. Today he's super flaky again, and he's getting scabs/pustules on his belly and neck again. GRRRRR.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:55 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I let Cynder and Abrams run around today while I was tanning. (My parents have ten acres away from any main roads, so I thought I'd be nice and let them explore; Abrams did great, btw.) Cynder found a dead animal and rolled on it. She got a bath with the hose, but she still stinks. BOO.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Top Dog

I've been drinking all day today. As in drinking straight rum until I feel sick, throw up, and then start all over again.

Today has been the worst day. Online, anonymous hate isn't cool.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:24 PM
orange iguanas.

Ugh I really need to go to the eye doctor, my vision is horrendous and it's starting to cause headaches. I just DON'T want to wear glasses. I hate the way they look on me and I just.... don't want to have to wear them. So I know I need them and I "want" them so I can see, but I totally also think I wouldn't wear them in public. =P

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 09-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Duuuuude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Do you think talking to your boss would help? Do you have a good relationship with him/her?

Sometimes just laying all your cards on the table works in your favor. From what I can gather I think you're a hard worker and a good employee.

"I really enjoy working here but I'm getting a little concerned about my finances. I took a bit of a pay cut to come work here and I'm driving further, which is tough because gas prices are insane. I was wondering if there was anything we could do to make this more lucrative for me. Am I eligible for a raise anytime soon? Is there something I can do to set myself up for success and promotion here?"

Sometimes just having that discussion with your boss shows them how much you care. I've gotten a raise a time or two using that method. Employers just don't know if their employees are struggling unless we say something.
Sorry for such a late reply but this is a really good idea and if it continues to be a problem I might end up doing it. As it is, I figured out a way to drastically lower how much I'm driving (depending on if my schedule can be rearranged that day, but usually it can.) I'm *hoping* that'll make a big enough difference.

I feel like I have a good rapport with my boss already which is encouraging. I did talk to her the other day about wanting more overnights, when possible, because I need to make a bit more money, so that door is already open. Ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
I can completely relate. I make $13 an hour which out here is enough to feed and vet the dogs and pay for my gas to get to and from work. $13 an hour out here isn't that great. The only reason I get away with making that kind of money an working with dogs is because my husband makes enough to pay all our bills and food. It isn't going to fly for too much longer though since some of the rentals we are looking at are higher than we wanted to pay. I'm going to have to look for a new job soon and preferably for one with good health benefits.
Yeah, that's really rough We always joked at my daycare that if you work at a daycare, you can't afford a daycare. Well... "joked" :P It's true! I hope that, when it's time, you can find a new job that is both lucrative and that you enjoy. That's my struggle with it... I really don't want to end up like my mom, who simply doesn't enjoy her job at all (and has encouraged me endlessly to pursue what I love for that reason), but at the same time, bills gotta get paid.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 09-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I've been gone SO much lately (just from home, too busy). Tomorrow, I have an hour after class before work and I don't know what to whip up for dinner in that time. It's been much too long since I've made a decent meal, so I have to at least throw something together. I can't wait to be out of this transition I'm in.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACD/BCx ::
Marquis' Livin' On Tulsa Time "Tulsa" 2014 ACD
& part-time resident Corral West Call Me A Grimm Fairytale "Story" 2012 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 09-09-2013, 11:46 PM
such sights to show you

headache fffffkkkkkkkkk

Old 09-09-2013, 11:59 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Why is it.going to be in the upper 90s the next two days? BOOO. Tis too hot, and I refuse to turn my window unit air conditioner on since it isn't in the bedroom. BOOO.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:57 AM
Top Dog

I'm having my second migraine in three days and I can't sleep it hurts so bad.

I can't take drugs because I can't keep anything down.

I can't do this.