Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-06-2013, 08:01 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Holy ****, I'm watching a season finale of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix, and it is goiong to cause me to have a heart attack. Jesus.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
In a lot of places in North America, they essentially just do it to force testing for cervical cancer and STIs before giving you the pill.

It's silly. I have no issues getting a preventative routine pap/gyno exam every few years, but to have to get one to get contraception is stupid IMO.
It's ridiculous. I mean... I wasn't even initially prescribed bc even for the birth control part.

I think a papsmear every few years would be enough.

Anyways, rescheduled my appt for the 18th. Kind of annoyed but whatever.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Top Dog

Waaaah, I'm sick of car shopping. No more please. It's starting to become torture.

Oh, and no haggle pricing? I don't like that. At all. I got a way better price on the ones that do 'haggle'.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
In a lot of places in North America, they essentially just do it to force testing for cervical cancer and STIs before giving you the pill.

It's silly. I have no issues getting a preventative routine pap/gyno exam every few years, but to have to get one to get contraception is stupid IMO.
This is what I noticed too and after my pap smear last year they did a biopsy on me because they thought I had cervical cancer. The doctor who did it asked why I had the Pap smear to begin with (and mine don't even check for STDs!) and said that there was definitely no cancer, I was normal, and American doctors were crazy for telling me I needed one before birth control. So he said to come back to him every few years and he'd write me the script in the mean time.

So I guess there are doctors out there who don't require it.. Just have to look around! I'm glad I stumbled upon this guy. Haha.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 09-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
This is what I noticed too and after my pap smear last year they did a biopsy on me because they thought I had cervical cancer. The doctor who did it asked why I had the Pap smear to begin with (and mine don't even check for STDs!) and said that there was definitely no cancer, I was normal, and American doctors were crazy for telling me I needed one before birth control. So he said to come back to him every few years and he'd write me the script in the mean time.

So I guess there are doctors out there who don't require it.. Just have to look around! I'm glad I stumbled upon this guy. Haha.
Oddly enough, I just went to a new doctor and he said they don't require a pap until you're at least 21. He just talked to me and answered my questions, basically. Then he gave me a script for a year's worth of BC. I'm sure I'll need one next year, since I'll be 21 but he didn't seem like the type to want one done every year, unless there was a reason.

I also know several who just send in a new script at the year mark, instead of having the patient come in. They prefer them to come in, but not all require it.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I'd Much rather deal with going in for a pap smear every few years than cancer. Just sayin'.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I'd Much rather deal with going in for a pap smear every few years than cancer. Just sayin'.
Pap smears don't prevent cancer. If you're going to get cancer, you're going to get it regardless of whether you get pap smears every year. Pap smears just screen for it.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Pap smears don't prevent cancer. If you're going to get cancer, you're going to get it regardless of whether you get pap smears every year. Pap smears just screen for it.
Yes but catching early is very important
Old 09-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Right, but screening for it means something that isn't treatable after...two years, could be after one year.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Top Dog

Mine still insists on yearly pelvic even if no pap is done. Ugh.

The pap is supposed to catch abnormal cells early so you can be treated. No test=not finding out until way to late.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber