Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-31-2013, 07:37 PM
I'm All Ears

I wish I could just find a friggin date. I haven't had a date in years. Dunno what is wrong with me.

Also, it's HOT outside. I hate it.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:42 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
OMG, Fran, you just made me . Thank you, I needed that. And you are so right.

^ Also completely right. That may be printed off and put by my Bible verses and other insprational quotes on my night stand.

ETA: But oh, a confession....I don't like the Navy dress uniforms. I think they look silly. And he has to wear the dress uniform for our wedding. Boooooo. (I am secretly hoping that since he will be training with Marines, he'll get the Marine dress uniform. But, SHHH! He cannot know! LOL)
Your secret is safe with me!
I <3 <3 <3 his dress blues haha I get why marines are so protective of them I think they are the cutest ones

I don't know if they "must" wear them to weddings. We have discussed his dress blues at the ceremony and then something more comfortable at reception
(Hot? Yes. Comfortable? NOPE! haha)

lol glad I could make you smile! There are days that I'm great at staying positive

then there are days where I want to spit at couples holding hands at the park hahaha
Old 08-31-2013, 07:45 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Your secret is safe with me!
I <3 <3 <3 his dress blues haha I get why marines are so protective of them I think they are the cutest ones

I don't know if they "must" wear them to weddings. We have discussed his dress blues at the ceremony and then something more comfortable at reception
(Hot? Yes. Comfortable? NOPE! haha)

lol glad I could make you smile! There are days that I'm great at staying positive

then there are days where I want to spit at couples holding hands at the park hahaha
Well, in one of my letters, I did tell him that if his dress uniform clashed with any of the wedding colors ( my dress is ivory and my bridesmaids are wearing a dark blue) that he'll have to get married in his underwear.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:46 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Well, in one of my letters, I did tell him that if his dress uniform clashed with any of the wedding colors ( my dress is ivory and my bridesmaids are wearing a dark blue) that he'll have to get married in his underwear.
DO IT!! hahaha
Old 08-31-2013, 08:02 PM
Top Dog

They totally don't have to get married in dress uniforms! They can wear a tux/suit just like anyone else. When I was planning a wedding to my ex bf (in the Naval Academy chapel), I absolutely didn't want a military wedding--I just liked the chapel

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 08-31-2013, 08:13 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
They totally don't have to get married in dress uniforms! They can wear a tux/suit just like anyone else. When I was planning a wedding to my ex bf (in the Naval Academy chapel), I absolutely didn't want a military wedding--I just liked the chapel
I think he wants to get married in the uniform...but if I burst out laughing when I see him in it, we may have to change that plan.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I think he wants to get married in the uniform...but if I burst out laughing when I see him in it, we may have to change that plan.
Is it an academy thing to swat the bride on the butt with the swords when leaving the church through the arch, or a general navy thing? "Welcome to the navy, ma'am" *BUTT SWAT*

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 08-31-2013, 08:27 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I don't know. The men get so few opinions or choices about the wedding. Usually wanting to wear their uniform is something important to them. I mean... Would we let them dictate thendress we choose? LOL NO most times we don't let them even know until they see us that day LOL maybe guys should get the same option hahaha

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Resident fainting goat

Sadly (well not really) my boyfriends parents are both wedding photographers. He grew up in "the wedding culture" tagging along with them to countless weddings.
so he is frikin opinions on everything. Which me being me.. is a problem

In the same way I have always loved weddings and planned mine.
Being part of all this has made him the same way.
Problem? Our dream weddings don't exactly mesh lol nothing deal breaking, just very very different.

I want small, he wants big.
I want fun themed, he wants classic.
I want vanilla, he wants chocolate.
I want an A line tule dress, he wants me to wear a ball gown.
I want a fun location, he wants a classic chapel.
I want indoor reception, he wants outdoor.
I want potted flowers and more eco-friendly options. He wants classic cut flowers.
I hate calla lillies, he loves calla lilles.
I hate to dance, he wants to waltz.
I want him to wear converse, he wants to wear his dress blues.
I want yummy foods self served, he wants sit down dinner.
I want fun live band, he wants string quartet.

We are probably going to end up eloping lol
Old 08-31-2013, 09:00 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Eloping is totally where it's at lol. We eloped and we haven't regretted it a single day in our lives LOL.

I love going to other peoples weddings, I had no desire to try to co ordinate my own. With all the long distance people (being that none of our family lives anywhere near us... Except for and aunt and uncle and anfew cousins on Brians side) and that some of my siblings don't get along, my sister hates my mom, etc etc etc and then all the money to put out. I always thought I wanted the wedding but push come to shove and I was like HECK NO and we eloped and told everyone later

It's funny because when I first met a friend of mine we were talkig about how we met our spouses and she said "did you have a wedding or dis you elope?" I had never been asked that... Usualy it's what was your wedding like or where was it. I told her we eloped and she said "I thought so. I don't know you very well yet but you just don't seem like the big wedding type". LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney