The Venting Thread

Locke

I wonder how long the dishwasher will sit full of clean dishes before my lazy low life BIL will unpack it. I've unpacked it the last 6 times, because he can't seem to find time in his busy schedule of playing computer games all day long.
I know the easiest thing to do would be to just tell him to do it, but I shouldn't have to!!! I've never in my life met such a free loading loser.

Grrrrrr! I will NOT unpack it this time. I refuse! I will be childish and passive aggressive and leave all my dirty plates on the counter in front of the CLEAN dishwasher just like he does...because why not?!

The funny thing is, if he does actually unpack the dishwasher, I know he'll leave all the Tupperware on the counter to fully dry and never put it away. Or he'll leave the entire rack of clean cutlery in there because finishing a job start to finish is an impossible task apparently....so even if he does unpack it, I'll still be angry because it won't be a job complete!

Such a stupid thing to get so angry about but God! He does NOTHING to contribute to this household. If I could kick him out, I would. He needs a serious wake up call.

End rant!

Locke

go flip the main breaker and leave. If nothing else he'll have to get off his ass to flip it back to continue his assault on the video games.
Hahaha that is BRILLIANT and perfectly passive aggressive! He wouldn't even know where to find the breaker, I bet.

Unfortunately, after coming home today to the dishwasher still full, I went to confront him but he was out. So I asked my SO if he would mind if I instead sent BIL a very angry text message. SO said yes, so I did. Still haven't heard back. Interesting!

lancerandrara

Sports Lunatic
It's kind of funny and ironic that "The Dogist" author/photographer doesn't seem very knowledgable about dogs LOL. Or particularly good with them either?

He basically walks around town holding a tennis ball (with the intent of getting dog's attention/getting dogs to look at him) and takes pictures of stranger's dogs. Some dogs don't react well to him and think he's suspicious, and most kinda look like they're going, "Why is this random dude here?"

It wouldn't have mattered if he was anyone else walking around wanting to take pictures of dogs, but the fact that he had such a clear motivation to "I'm going to go out and take a lot of photos of dogs, because people love dogs, and publish a book all about dogs" makes it funny... to me...

And that one single page dedicated to a photo of a Malinois with the single quote stating that "This is the first time I was almost bitten by a dog" isn't helping.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Spoke with the chiropractor more about my back pain and what exactly is going on re: weird pressure/pain at a particular area and very particular nerve pain that is worse on one side. Originally we had thought the pressure/nerve pain was due to a narrowed disc (which I do have), but I'm only showing limited response with the adjustments I've been receiving (after 16 weeks). She's concerned a may have a cyst on my spine that's the root behind my problems. The good news is that a cyst can potentially be treated. The bad news is that it can't be diagnosed or treated until after the baby comes the end of May...which means I've potentially stagnated on my improvement and my pain levels are going to stay where they're at for the forseeable future. Ugh. I was really hoping I'd see some relief with further care, but it's not looking like it.

In other news, chronic back pain makes life impossible and I hate it.

Me: Oh, we have an appointment to have the car radio installed today at 2. Better drop the boys off at daycare. Let's see, 11 sounds good.

Gimmick: massive diarrhea all over the backseat.

Glitch: Throws up in the front.

Gambit: Thank God he stayed home.

Off to cry a little and scrub my reeking car.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Me: Oh, we have an appointment to have the car radio installed today at 2. Better drop the boys off at daycare. Let's see, 11 sounds good.

Gimmick: massive diarrhea all over the backseat.

Glitch: Throws up in the front.

Gambit: Thank God he stayed home.

Off to cry a little and scrub my reeking car.
Yikes, I hope you have leather seats at least. :yikes::yikes:

I'm in my parents' basement... I hate that I can't be independent right now so living with them to begin with has me kinda down. But being in the basement room doesn't help. It's so dark and gloomy.

There is a spare room upstairs but I feel like I have no privacy up there and privacy trumps sunlight for me I guess.

Also just spilled OJ all over my bed. Asdfg.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
I'm so sleep deprived because of school. So, so, so sleep deprived. :(
I feel you! I remember those days! They were literally the worst.

I thought, after graduating high school, it'd be better, nope. I have to get up at 5:30 am now, if I want to get everything done.

Locke

I had a confrontation with my boss on friday, and the issue was not resolved. I've been so anxious all weekend, and have things to do, but I'm feeling so overwhelmed that I just want to hide out and do nothing. But the only way to confront the anxiety and stress is by doing things. ****.

lancerandrara

Sports Lunatic
Man, some people just LIKE to pick a fight where there isn't one. And at the end of the rants, their conclusions are literally the same as mine, almost word for word. I don't know where the whole dispute/argumentative attitude is even coming from...

I got hired at a new job on Monday, worked Tuesday and Wednesday, quit at the end of today's shift. The place was unbelievable. It was in a cafe/canteen for a government office.

Holy hostility. The guy training me, I don't know if he has a problem or if it was just me, or what. First day he literally yells ("NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?") at me for how I sliced someone's toast. What. Then today, he expects me to open up, by myself, on my second ever shift. He mocked me right in front of me - I asked if someone wanted sausage or bacon and he imitated me in a squeaky voice. I turned around like "Excuse me?" and he repeats "excwoose me, mah mah mah". Like what the actual ****.

I made one buddy there who was a sweetheart, and she was trying to help me so so so much because she kept overhearing people bitching about me in the kitchen. It wasn't just the one guy, multiple staff members were snitching about me doing something wrong. I TOLD them when I took the job I had almost no kitchen experience, and instead of showing me how to do things, they nattered amongst themselves or snitched to the supervisor.

When I told her I wasn't going to put up with being treated that way, she was sympathetic, but in an "I-can't-do-anything" of way, saying they're always like that with a new employee, and to ignore it, they'd get used to me. So she didn't win any points from me. Also, shithead man who was training me wouldn't let me use the nice safe bagel-slicer and had me using a knife. I cut myself, so I took some time to stop the bleeding and got a couple bandaids from said supervisor (since the first aid kit was empty, uh oh). Bled through one. Got another. Was okay for about 20 minutes and bled through. Supervisor says "Well I can't just keep giving you bandaids from my personal box, are you going to stop bleeding or what?" NO I CAN'T JUST STOP BLEEDING. SORRY I DON'T HAVE INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH PLATELETS AND THAT YOUR FIRST AID KIT ISN'T STOCKED.

Plus reeaaally creepy sexual harassment. Not to me, but among the others. No. So much no. Like what even. I am hoping to sweet baby jesus that this is an isolated, effed up place. I don't want to have to go through that again.

Edit: On the flip side I am drinking much wine with Venice and am in a pretty good mood just knowing I won't be in that toxic hole tomorrow. :)

Locke

I got hired at a new job on Monday, worked Tuesday and Wednesday, quit at the end of today's shift. The place was unbelievable. It was in a cafe/canteen for a government office.

Holy hostility. The guy training me, I don't know if he has a problem or if it was just me, or what. First day he literally yells ("NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?") at me for how I sliced someone's toast. What. Then today, he expects me to open up, by myself, on my second ever shift. He mocked me right in front of me - I asked if someone wanted sausage or bacon and he imitated me in a squeaky voice. I turned around like "Excuse me?" and he repeats "excwoose me, mah mah mah". Like what the actual ****.

I made one buddy there who was a sweetheart, and she was trying to help me so so so much because she kept overhearing people bitching about me in the kitchen. It wasn't just the one guy, multiple staff members were snitching about me doing something wrong. I TOLD them when I took the job I had almost no kitchen experience, and instead of showing me how to do things, they nattered amongst themselves or snitched to the supervisor.

When I told her I wasn't going to put up with being treated that way, she was sympathetic, but in an "I-can't-do-anything" of way, saying they're always like that with a new employee, and to ignore it, they'd get used to me. So she didn't win any points from me. Also, shithead man who was training me wouldn't let me use the nice safe bagel-slicer and had me using a knife. I cut myself, so I took some time to stop the bleeding and got a couple bandaids from said supervisor (since the first aid kit was empty, uh oh). Bled through one. Got another. Was okay for about 20 minutes and bled through. Supervisor says "Well I can't just keep giving you bandaids from my personal box, are you going to stop bleeding or what?" NO I CAN'T JUST STOP BLEEDING. SORRY I DON'T HAVE INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH PLATELETS AND THAT YOUR FIRST AID KIT ISN'T STOCKED.

Plus reeaaally creepy sexual harassment. Not to me, but among the others. No. So much no. Like what even. I am hoping to sweet baby jesus that this is an isolated, effed up place. I don't want to have to go through that again.

Edit: On the flip side I am drinking much wine with Venice and am in a pretty good mood just knowing I won't be in that toxic hole tomorrow. :)

What the hell??? What a terrible experience!!! I'm so sorry! What assholes!

I've worked in a few kitchens/bakeries, and your experience does not sound typical. There is definitely gossip, but most of the time, people are pretty helpful and accepting, as long as you're trying and working hard.

Better luck next time!

StillandSilent

I massively miscalculated the budget last month and ended up bouncing four checks. $136 in overdraft fees, which puts me out of budget for this month, too, and now I'm panicking. I had an $870 car repair bill that wiped my saving and it's killing me. I know that I just have to be patient, watch every penny and get a little nest egg built back up, but it's hard not to keep thinking that the world is ending.

SpringerLover

I massively miscalculated the budget last month and ended up bouncing four checks. $136 in overdraft fees, which puts me out of budget for this month, too, and now I'm panicking. I had an $870 car repair bill that wiped my saving and it's killing me. I know that I just have to be patient, watch every penny and get a little nest egg built back up, but it's hard not to keep thinking that the world is ending.
Financial trouble is THE worst. I'm sorry! I hope everything gets sorted out.

joce

Requested to join a Facebook page that's just a generic corgi for sale page people post puppies on that occasionally are health tested and what I want. Missed out on one I wanted yesterday so sent join request and I was blocked??!! Why?! It's a public page and now I can't see it to even private message the breeders. I am beyond what the helling myself right now. Figuring it was a mistake but no way for me to even message the person and ask!! Ugh!

Members online

No members online now.