Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I'm giving my two weeks at the fire protection place tomorrow.

And I feel bad. Whyyyy? Why do I always feel bad when I leave a job?

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 08-27-2013, 09:28 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Ezra=A? Nooooo it can't be. This has to be like when Toby was A. EZRA CANNIT BE A!!!!!

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-27-2013, 09:38 PM
orange iguanas.

For some reason all day today I kept thinking that tomorrow is Thursday. I wish, because even though the week just started I'm already ready for a day off lol. But I felt completely stupid when I was setting up an appointment today, and the woman wanted to know what we had open tomorrow afternoon and I proceeded to look at Thursday's schedule and set up a time for her based off that. Thankfully the time I scheduled her for IS available for tomorrow so I didn't have to call her back and admit my stupidity lol.

And at our staff meeting today, we were focusing on learning how to assess body fat index and other weight management thingies. We were supposed to bring our pets in for some hands on learning and so we could compare our thoughts with others. I brought Juno in as an example of ideal, and Lucy for an example of just-a-little-chubby. One of the vets gave Juno a score of 6/9 (a little more covering over her ribs than necessary; 5/9 is ideal) and now I'm convinced my dog is a tub of lard.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 08-28-2013, 12:01 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
And at our staff meeting today, we were focusing on learning how to assess body fat index and other weight management thingies. We were supposed to bring our pets in for some hands on learning and so we could compare our thoughts with others. I brought Juno in as an example of ideal, and Lucy for an example of just-a-little-chubby. One of the vets gave Juno a score of 6/9 (a little more covering over her ribs than necessary; 5/9 is ideal) and now I'm convinced my dog is a tub of lard.
We get so many dogs in whose owners say "But my vet says he/she's at a great weight...!" And we get to tell them that poking to feel ribs does not mean the dog is at a good weight. There is often mass confusion. Saying that, we do differentiate between good "sport" weight and good "pet" weight.
Puzzle Piece Gabby 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 08-28-2013, 06:28 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Ezra=A? Nooooo it can't be. This has to be like when Toby was A. EZRA CANNIT BE A!!!!!
And you just ruined it!

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 08-28-2013, 06:43 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
THIS IS WHY WE SAY SPOILER ALERT!!

Ugh I've only just started this show on netflix!!!!!!

well there goes that.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:53 AM
<----Thanks Allie

I guess I'm glad idk what show you're talking about since everyone seems upset. LOL.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:00 AM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Money stresses me out. Bah.

Budgeting = good. Knowing how much I am spending = good. But now I'm all like 'omg, I will have NOTHING while I save this last bit for the down payment'. And then realizing I'm poor compared to my friends since they have 2 incomes and I have one. Shouldn't feel bad about it and I don't want to spend $1000 on a designer purse but dang... Everyone's buying all this big stuff like multiple vacations and a new house and I feel.... poor. Then I feel like a failure and think I should go back to school and get that 6 figure income but I really feel like going back to school would make me kinda miserable. And I'm finally getting to where I like my life and have friends again and things to do. Plus, I like my paychecks and insurance and all that and there's no way to stay at work and do school for the majors I'd be looking at. Why did I not think about salary when I chose my major? Why is everything so expensive? I spend $250 a month just on gas. Ack.

I'm also stressing about Mia's knees and my health and stress is bad, right? Not going to help me get healthier.

I need wine but I have none.
So I just wrote a whole post in response to this and then my phone ate it... And I have to get to class now so..... Summing up:

"You are being successful independently. You are not leaning on another person to take up slack. You are buying a house ON YOUR OWN! You need to feel super proud of yourself!"
Old 08-28-2013, 07:15 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

My bad

I'm sure it's not the case. They just had to end the summer season on a cliffhanger. Just like when they showed someone else that shall not be mentioned as A... And then they weren't.

I mean... It doesn't make any sense

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-28-2013, 08:31 AM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

Quote:
My bad

I'm sure it's not the case. They just had to end the summer season on a cliffhanger. Just like when they showed someone else that shall not be mentioned as A... And then they weren't.

I mean... It doesn't make any sense
Im so confused by youre last two posts lol I have absolutely no idea what show you're talking about

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.