Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
That's interesting. I wouldn't have thought of that. "shadows" in the room seem to be the main cause for concern when she is awake or wakes during the night and trying to explain that it's just her toys doesn't matter when you are young, scared, and have a vivid imagination. I'll have to look into that.
Yeah, the red light (just a regular bulb...I think mine's 40 watt) will make it so she can actually see everything, in detail. No more scary shadows.

Also, "I don't remember" can mean "I remember but I don't want to talk about it." That's what it meant when I was a kid.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Top Dog

Woke up in a horrible mood today. Took me laying in bed agitated for 20 minutes, huffing and puffing through getting dressed, mean mugging everyone on the way to the kitchen and halfway through a cup of coffee before I spyed everyone outside smoking and had a realization that is what was happening. I wanted a smoke. WTF. Smoking thing is new to me.

But it is definitely what is causing the infection in my tonsils. Sigh.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:50 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Sometimes I'm d*mn positive my family is bound and determined to make me fail... They have succeeded in the past, but this time I am bound an determined to not let that happen again... The whole getting there thing is just frustrating though.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:26 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Tonight is "two moon" night. Where mars will pass close enough to earth so that it will look like there are two moons in the sky, it's never happened in humanities time on earth, won't happen again for another 200 some-odd years.

& what is it outside now? Cloudy ... ****ing CLOUDY ... ****!

Old 08-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Tonight is "two moon" night. Where mars will pass close enough to earth so that it will look like there are two moons in the sky, it's never happened in humanities time on earth, won't happen again for another 200 some-odd years.

& what is it outside now? Cloudy ... ****ing CLOUDY ... ****!
You aren't missing anything. It's a silly facebook hoax.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_697155.html
Old 08-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Twin 2.0

It's not going to be all that big. http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essent...saturn-mercury

I'm cramping (although that's kind of a good news thing--one more month no babies!), I'm still livid over last night and all I want to do right now is get some beer and play spades. I still have at least 3 hours of work and I've been here since 9am.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I feel like **** today and ended up having to stay home from work.

I don't want to be here. I'm so miserable living in this area and want to get as far away from people as possible. Seriously need to live in the country somewhere or up in the mountains... somewhere I can think... somewhere I don't feel rushed every **** day. My anxiety has gotten SO bad since we moved back here... to the point where we have talked seriously about an SD dog or training Cricket to be an SD dog. I have dermatillomania where I pick at my skin constantly and it's always my **** face... if I don't cover my face with makeup I look horrible... especially my chin and throat. People keep telling me to stop picking at myself, but it just isn't that simple and I don't know how to make people understand that. So frustrating. I need to get the hell away from here. I really think living out in the country more will do wonders for my anxiety... just a hunch.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 08-27-2013, 07:44 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Yeah, the red light (just a regular bulb...I think mine's 40 watt) will make it so she can actually see everything, in detail. No more scary shadows.

Also, "I don't remember" can mean "I remember but I don't want to talk about it." That's what it meant when I was a kid.
Well that is good to know.

I would agree about the "I don't know" means "I don't want to talk about it" as I was the same way BUT Hannah is a talker... About everything. That's how she works through... EVERYTHING lol

And my little brother used to have night terrors with no recollection once he woke up. I'm not saying she is having night terrors, certainly not like my brother did but I do believe she doesn't remember.

She did tell me last night that she was scared that bad people would come in the dark. I just tried to reassure her that Beezer is always on the lookout for bad people and that he would bark, etc. she tried to talk him into sleeping with her but he likes to sleep out near the door. I think that would have helped if he would have stayed with her lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Only took a week and two bites to Charlie's tail to realize why Hazard is such a naughty boy at home. Le sigh...

He goes in to be neutered tomorrow and will be up for adoption on Saturday. Though I will miss him, and he'll definitely will need a certain home, but I hope he's adopted quickly.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:07 PM
I'm All Ears

Money stresses me out. Bah.

Budgeting = good. Knowing how much I am spending = good. But now I'm all like 'omg, I will have NOTHING while I save this last bit for the down payment'. And then realizing I'm poor compared to my friends since they have 2 incomes and I have one. Shouldn't feel bad about it and I don't want to spend $1000 on a designer purse but dang... Everyone's buying all this big stuff like multiple vacations and a new house and I feel.... poor. Then I feel like a failure and think I should go back to school and get that 6 figure income but I really feel like going back to school would make me kinda miserable. And I'm finally getting to where I like my life and have friends again and things to do. Plus, I like my paychecks and insurance and all that and there's no way to stay at work and do school for the majors I'd be looking at. Why did I not think about salary when I chose my major? Why is everything so expensive? I spend $250 a month just on gas. Ack.

I'm also stressing about Mia's knees and my health and stress is bad, right? Not going to help me get healthier.

I need wine but I have none.