Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8331  
Old 08-27-2013, 09:03 AM
sassafras's Avatar
sassafras sassafras is offline
such sights to show you
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,025
Default

Ugh I had an awful, awful dream last night where all three of the dogs got lost at the same time for something like 2 or 3 weeks and I was putting up signs and taking out ads and everything I could think of to do but they were just gone. Just gone and I didn't know what to do. And a couple of times I woke up in a haze confused with half-asleep, hopeful thoughts like "but I remember doing xyz with Maisy today, does that mean we found them and they are back?!" and then falling asleep and the dream continued.

Finally one day I saw a guy walking Squash and he said he had just adopted him from animal control but Squash went bananas when he saw me and then the guy remembered the signs around the neighborhood and figured he should return him. And oh btw did I know that AC was right down the street from me, maybe I should go look there? And I did and Pip and Maisy were there and I brought them home but ugh I still feel so icky. So. Icky.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8332  
Old 08-27-2013, 10:07 AM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,379
Default

for some reason, Hannah is struggling with bad dreams and waking up scared at night. The past couple days, after Brian has gotten up for work, she's come into my bed to sleep with me (it's still dark when Brian gets up for work). I think maybe a brighter nightlight would help but I don't currently have a bright one... I just have one that plugs into the wall right beside her bed. I'm half tempted to wrap Christmas lights around the canopy poles of her bed lol... I wonder if that would work.

I feel terrible for her and I don't know how to help alleviate her fears and I can't figure out what triggered this and she doesn't seem to know either.
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #8333  
Old 08-27-2013, 10:26 AM
ThatCrazyGroomer's Avatar
ThatCrazyGroomer ThatCrazyGroomer is offline
Was BackwardCinderella
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Aurora, Colorao
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
for some reason, Hannah is struggling with bad dreams and waking up scared at night. The past couple days, after Brian has gotten up for work, she's come into my bed to sleep with me (it's still dark when Brian gets up for work). I think maybe a brighter nightlight would help but I don't currently have a bright one... I just have one that plugs into the wall right beside her bed. I'm half tempted to wrap Christmas lights around the canopy poles of her bed lol... I wonder if that would work.

I feel terrible for her and I don't know how to help alleviate her fears and I can't figure out what triggered this and she doesn't seem to know either.
Get her a dream catcher and tell her the story about them.
Also, if you have a Costco membership, they have LED rope lights that change color and dance and all kinds of fun stuff by remote. You can dim them and brighten them and just about anything you can think of.
Those are the ones in our room, Winnie has them too. They rock.
__________________

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Reply With Quote
  #8334  
Old 08-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

Quote:
for some reason, Hannah is struggling with bad dreams and waking up scared at night. The past couple days, after Brian has gotten up for work, she's come into my bed to sleep with me (it's still dark when Brian gets up for work). I think maybe a brighter nightlight would help but I don't currently have a bright one... I just have one that plugs into the wall right beside her bed. I'm half tempted to wrap Christmas lights around the canopy poles of her bed lol... I wonder if that would work.
How about a lamp with a red light bulb? I used one even as an adult up until a few months ago (after my gecko study...I weaned myself off so my gecko can have complete darkness). It doesn't affect circadian rhythms, but still provides a good amount of visible light (the whole room). My nephew loves it, too. With red light illuminating the whole room, you don't have to worry about dark corners
Reply With Quote
  #8335  
Old 08-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is offline
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
for some reason, Hannah is struggling with bad dreams and waking up scared at night. The past couple days, after Brian has gotten up for work, she's come into my bed to sleep with me (it's still dark when Brian gets up for work). I think maybe a brighter nightlight would help but I don't currently have a bright one... I just have one that plugs into the wall right beside her bed. I'm half tempted to wrap Christmas lights around the canopy poles of her bed lol... I wonder if that would work.

I feel terrible for her and I don't know how to help alleviate her fears and I can't figure out what triggered this and she doesn't seem to know either.
Has she mentioned what kind of bad dreams they are? Like what's she dreaming about?



My vent, I'm super tired and can't figure out why. I was super tired yesterday too. I don't feel like I slept poorly. I was up a little later than usual, but not SUPER late, and I know I woke up once to go to the bathroom - but other than that, I'm pretty sure I slept well and through the night... I just don't think I should be this tired...
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #8336  
Old 08-27-2013, 12:20 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGroomer View Post
Get her a dream catcher and tell her the story about them.
Also, if you have a Costco membership, they have LED rope lights that change color and dance and all kinds of fun stuff by remote. You can dim them and brighten them and just about anything you can think of.
Those are the ones in our room, Winnie has them too. They rock.
Ooooh those rope lights look perfect. We have glowing stars on the ceiling but they don't give off much light and they fade quickly lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
How about a lamp with a red light bulb? I used one even as an adult up until a few months ago (after my gecko study...I weaned myself off so my gecko can have complete darkness). It doesn't affect circadian rhythms, but still provides a good amount of visible light (the whole room). My nephew loves it, too. With red light illuminating the whole room, you don't have to worry about dark corners
That's interesting. I wouldn't have thought of that. "shadows" in the room seem to be the main cause for concern when she is awake or wakes during the night and trying to explain that it's just her toys doesn't matter when you are young, scared, and have a vivid imagination. I'll have to look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Has she mentioned what kind of bad dreams they are? Like what's she dreaming about?


...
She says she can't remember... which is good I guess but doesn't help me much lol. There is only one that I can recall that she remembered and told me about and it was that she got lost from us and was all alone and everyone around her started fighting but for the most part she seems to not remember them once she's awake. She remembers that she had a bad dream and that she is scared but can't remember why or what it was about.
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #8337  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:00 PM
noludoru's Avatar
noludoru noludoru is offline
Bored Now.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,639
Default

My vent is about the neighbors Yappy Little Terrors.

The barking was minimized for a while.. It's back! I've almost overslept for the last week in a row. They start barking randomly from 4-6:30AM and wake me up so that when I fall back asleep I'm dead to the world, sleep past my alarms, and am exhausted for the rest of the day.

My plan to deal with this is going to be getting up out of bed and ringing her doorbell every time it happens, regardless of time of day. If it wakes me up, she needs to be woken up so that she can control her dogs.

The chick behind us who constantly throws loud parties is less annoying.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
And it's a turbo so it gets good mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #8338  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:04 PM
ThatCrazyGroomer's Avatar
ThatCrazyGroomer ThatCrazyGroomer is offline
Was BackwardCinderella
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Aurora, Colorao
Posts: 423
Default

You can make them red too, Sparks.
__________________

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Reply With Quote
  #8339  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:58 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
Nuke it from orbit ...
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,713
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Ooooh those rope lights look perfect. We have glowing stars on the ceiling but they don't give off much light and they fade quickly lol.



That's interesting. I wouldn't have thought of that. "shadows" in the room seem to be the main cause for concern when she is awake or wakes during the night and trying to explain that it's just her toys doesn't matter when you are young, scared, and have a vivid imagination. I'll have to look into that.



She says she can't remember... which is good I guess but doesn't help me much lol. There is only one that I can recall that she remembered and told me about and it was that she got lost from us and was all alone and everyone around her started fighting but for the most part she seems to not remember them once she's awake. She remembers that she had a bad dream and that she is scared but can't remember why or what it was about.
Shoot I am 30 years old & bad dreams STILL scare the crap out of me, I also have a very active imagination & sleep with a small lamp on at night because if I wake, shaken from a bad dream, if the room is dark I get really panicked. I also think those LED lights are cool as well
__________________
If there are any typos, it means I am on my phone LOL



Reply With Quote
  #8340  
Old 08-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Paviche's Avatar
Paviche Paviche is offline
Duuuuude.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 1,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGroomer View Post
When would you be thing? If Riff is ok with other dogs and its not between the 4th and the 11th of September, we can watch him.
Kinda late responding, sorry! Wow, that would be totally amazing if it worked out. I'm not *sure* if it would because his problem is that he's afraid of strangers, especially men. I know that when I first got him it was BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK for as long as he was in "stranger danger" mode but at this point I don't know how quickly he bounces back from it, because I've been trying to socialize him a lot. He does love other dogs (and kids ) so I'd definitely be interested in you guys meeting him at least? I'm looking at going late October but that's not set in stone. No earlier than October, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Hate? Dallas ain't that bad. Lol
Eh, I spent 11 years in Dallas and between the heat and the people, I would be perfectly happy to never go back. Unfortunately if the options are avoid Texas or ever get to see my friend, I'll pick her every time. **** that girl.
__________________

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site