Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-25-2013, 05:43 PM
such sights to show you

Well I like living in the city.

Granted, Minneapolis is no NYC or LA. But while it's a nice place to visit I would not want to live in the middle of nowhere.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Top Dog

I live in the city, just not in like the heart of down town.

I go out to get the mail, water plants, whatever all the time in my pjs, sans bra, hair a mess, whatever

I dont talk or even see my neighbors every day...but its nice (for me) to have them when a nice hello or quick convo perks your day up. When our next door neighbors were there, it was awesome having kids for mine to play with. I LOVE being able to get to the zoo, science center, museums, parks, hiking trails, on and on within 20 minutes. I love having a diverse and large group of people to make up my "community".

I however ALSO love the country. I love open spaces and wooded glens. I love having animals of all sorts and room to just be.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:13 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

That's what I love about Lancaster, pa. I call it country in the city. Right now we live in a neighborhood and right at the end of our cul de sac... Is a cornfield lol. 5 minutes down the road and there are farm properties, 5 minutes past that is the next small burgh, and 5 minutes grom my house in the other direction is a shopping plaza with groceries, pharmacy, big lors, restaurants, liquot store, hair dresser, k mart, pet store, etc etc.

It is the perfect fit... You can have tons of land and be "in the country" while being 5 minutes from a neighborhood and amenities you need or you can live in a neighborhood and still feel in te country... Or you can be downtown and be right in the city.

On top of that, it's incredibly beautiful

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

I'm locked in the salon. I locked myself in to count cash A's when I went to leave my key broke off in the lock. Panicking a little.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Duuuuude.

I really want to drive to Dallas to visit my best friend, who I haven't seen in 3 years. It would be so **** expensive though... the gas itself would be doable, but Riff can't come, so I'd have to pay for boarding for him because I don't have anyone to watch him. Then I'd have (want?) to stay at a h/motel because she is living with her mom so I wouldn't want to stay in the living room, and her boyfriend lives there now too so we couldn't share her room like we did last time I visited because that would be... weird. Then I'd probably want to find a daycare there for Rowan for at least a couple of days so that we could actually go out and do things, since I couldn't leave him at the hotel. I'm not sure about leaving him at her place because it's a small apartment and she has a dog I'm not sure he'd get along with, so I wouldn't want them together unsupervised.

So it's not just the round trip gas like I was thinking, it's also a hotel, boarding for Riff, daycare for Rowan, saving up to be able to take the time off in the first place... all to go to a place I hate But man, I miss her. I wish she wasn't afraid of flying. It would be SO much easier (and cheaper) for her to come up here.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 08-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

When would you be thing? If Riff is ok with other dogs and its not between the 4th and the 11th of September, we can watch him.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:33 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

See, a "small town" is doable for me, most have everything in a very convenient distance, but it's not too ... "Urban".

I was more referencing "big" cities & urban areas ... No way, never could do those.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:35 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviche View Post
I really want to drive to Dallas to visit my best friend, who I haven't seen in 3 years. It would be so **** expensive though... the gas itself would be doable, but Riff can't come, so I'd have to pay for boarding for him because I don't have anyone to watch him. Then I'd have (want?) to stay at a h/motel because she is living with her mom so I wouldn't want to stay in the living room, and her boyfriend lives there now too so we couldn't share her room like we did last time I visited because that would be... weird. Then I'd probably want to find a daycare there for Rowan for at least a couple of days so that we could actually go out and do things, since I couldn't leave him at the hotel. I'm not sure about leaving him at her place because it's a small apartment and she has a dog I'm not sure he'd get along with, so I wouldn't want them together unsupervised.

So it's not just the round trip gas like I was thinking, it's also a hotel, boarding for Riff, daycare for Rowan, saving up to be able to take the time off in the first place... all to go to a place I hate But man, I miss her. I wish she wasn't afraid of flying. It would be SO much easier (and cheaper) for her to come up here.
Hate? Dallas ain't that bad. Lol

Old 08-26-2013, 05:55 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Well I like living in the city.

Granted, Minneapolis is no NYC or LA. But while it's a nice place to visit I would not want to live in the middle of nowhere.
Agreed. I thought I would hate living in the city (although really I live in the burbs and work in the city-ish) and I LOOOVE it! But it's also easy to find space here in Minneapolis, it's green!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:27 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Agreed. I thought I would hate living in the city (although really I live in the burbs and work in the city-ish) and I LOOOVE it! But it's also easy to find space here in Minneapolis, it's green!
Yes, Minneapolis loves its green space.

It's funny, I don't live in the most urbanized, concrete jungle, downtown part of the city but I am not that far away from it, and my neighborhood reminds me a lot of the small towns my grandmothers lived in except the houses are a bit closer together. People who are expecting the version of a city in their head are often surprised when they visit us and see what it is really like.